Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

The Cats Go Camping

TeriM
September 7th, 2010, 01:27 AM
We headed up to the okanagan for the long weekend to do some camping and visiting with hubby's family. Mom had just been here so we opted to take the cats with us this time so she wouldn't need to come back so soon. They did very well and seemed to be very content. Desi was a tad bitchy to Fred but that really isn't all that unusual :laughing: and it is a very small space.

TeriM
September 7th, 2010, 01:29 AM

TeriM
September 7th, 2010, 01:30 AM

and Desi said that next time she goes camping she would prefer an upgrade to something like this neighbouring trailer :rolleyes:.

Love4himies
September 7th, 2010, 06:37 AM
Ummmm, that's not camping, that is bringing your personal apartment on wheels with you :laughing::laughing::laughing:

They don't look over stressed to me :thumbs up. Are they good travelers? Puddles and :rip: Snowball were/are great travelers and we brought them everywhere with us, now it is just Puddles. We tried to bring Sweet Pea last year when we went to NS, but she panicked in the truck before we even left the driveway, so we had to bring her back in the house and get Puddles (those two have be kept separate, that is why one has to come with us).

Frenchy
September 7th, 2010, 08:30 AM
and Desi said that next time she goes camping she would prefer an upgrade to something like this neighbouring trailer :rolleyes:.

:laughing: yours looks pretty comfy too :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2010, 10:18 AM
They actually seem to be enjoying their Kitty Kamp! :cloud9: New sights, new smells, all from the comfort of their own Kitty Kamper!

I just never pictured cats to be much on camping, but I guess, come to think of it, they are very avid nature watchers. :D Lucky Desi and Fred!! :cat: And Desi even consented to share the bed with Riley! :laughing:

Great pics, Teri!!

ancientgirl
September 7th, 2010, 11:54 AM
That sounds like fun. I would imagine that as long as they have a safe place to be, they would really love the sights and smells of nature. All the birds flying around, the squirrels...

Tundra_Queen
September 7th, 2010, 09:33 PM
wow...that is kewl u took the cats with u! Did they like it?

TeriM
September 8th, 2010, 01:24 PM
They don't look over stressed to me :thumbs up. Are they good travelers?

Fred is an excellent traveler and seems to think it is a great adventure. It is actually kinda strange cause he is a bit of a scardy cat but as long as we are there he is great. He travels in the truck in a harness (not room for two crates plus Riley) and is very happy.

Desi is an okay traveler, she rides in her crate in the truck. She always seems to pee at least once on a trip (vibrations?) so we carry a spare towel and swap it out as soon as she does. She was quite content as well in the trailer but it a bit more jumpy then usual.

It was nice to have them with us, I always miss them when we go away. I would take them again for a long weekend but any longer and I would probably make other arrangements.

14+kitties
September 8th, 2010, 01:28 PM
:cloud9: I love seeing pics of your kitties. Wish it happened more often! Fred is absolutely knock down handsome!!!!! :lovestruck: Desi isn't bad herself.
It's great they get to camp with you too. Sometimes it's good to go travelling. :thumbs up
I love that first pic of Fred. He looks so cool and relaxed. :crazy:

growler~GateKeeper
September 9th, 2010, 04:04 AM
:lovestruck: :laughing: I see Fred really enjoys hangin' in the cupboards :D The shy boy whose super brave w/mum & dad around.

:lovestruck: Awwwww not only did Desi allow Riley on the bed with her :cloud9:, she stayed for picture taking :highfive:

Looks like they both had a great camping trip :cat: :cat:

luckypenny
September 9th, 2010, 07:20 PM
What lucky kitties :cloud9:. So glad they had the chance to enjoy camping with you :goodvibes:.

chico2
September 10th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Wow,Fred is one handsome boy:lovestruck::lovestruck:and little Desi is really pretty too,it's great they could come camping:dog:

cpietra16
September 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
Good Lord....when I saw Cats go camping ...I freaked...What are you thinking...TeriM....what has gotten into you?????

then...I saw the pics....ok....very misleading...very very misleading....:rolleyes:
that is taking your comforts of home on a camping trip!!!:D...not camping which usually equates to tent, hard ground, raining in tent, sleeping in rain.....etc:D

With your set up, my kitties would be in heaven:cloud9:

rainbow
September 11th, 2010, 02:24 PM
I love the first pic of Fred in the cupboard ....such a handsome boy :flirt: .....and purrty Ms Desi on the wine coloured comforter. :lovestruck:

Such lucky kitties to go camping with mom and dad. :cloud9: