Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Feral cat spay/neutered in Verdun Montreal

sandyrivers
September 5th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Hi everyone!

My boy Link, (you can look up his pic and profile) was caught in a spay/neuter catch and release programm between the 21st and 23rd of August 2010.

I live in Verdun Montreal.

Link showed up at my home on the morning of the 23rd of August for his regular morning feeding, looking a bit phased out, and the tip of his tail (2inches of it) was shaved off...

I was quite concerned, thinking he was caught by some ill intentionned people...
After further inspection, i realised that the shave on his tail was quite professional, and as i sat with him for morning coffee, i noticed his genitals were also shaved, and he had been neutered...

Apparently, the city of Montreal, or the bourough of Verdun has a catch and release spay/neuter programm going on.

My question is: does anyone have any info about this programm...

I would like to get in contact with the people in charge, for many reasons:

- Several feral cats come to my place to feed, both males and females, they know me well,and i could hepl out in "catchhing" them.

-I would also be interested in donating monies to the organisation that does this.

-I would also be interested in volunteering some time with them.

Anyone who has any info would be so kind to pass it on please.

Sandyrivers

14+kitties
September 5th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Is there such a program running in your area or just a kind hearted soul who is doing the best they can to fix these free roamers? I did a quick search and while there was talk of such a program in that area it doesn't seem it worked out. Maybe someone closer to Verdun can verify?
Thank you for feeding the cats you do. I took a look at your pics. :thumbs up :angel: I have a question for you though if you don't mind.
If you are interested in donating money to a tnr program why not try finding a vet who is willing to do reduced pricing and start one yourself? It doesn't take much to pick up a live trap. Sounds to me like you have enough tame/feral kitties coming for feeding you would have it filled constantly for a while. If you could arrange to have one a week or something done through a vet it would not take long before these baby makers are able to enjoy their life in peace without worrying about hormones/testosterone.
Doing this would fulfill all of your wishes in one shot. :thumbs up

sandyrivers
October 30th, 2010, 09:56 PM
thanks for your reply.

i do know a vet in brossard who neuters spays for less than average. 42$for males and 84$ for females, its Dr Allan's clinic. Would i have the means in terms of time available ( I work too much) and transportation ( i dont have a car). i would be doing just that, unfortunatly, at this point in my life , its just not possible, thats why i was willing to financially contribute to an existing programm, for now, but if any thing changes in my hectic schedule, it would be at the top of my priority list!

cpietra16
October 31st, 2010, 07:42 AM
Hi Sandyrivers, I work with Steri Animal and they have been known to work with that area as well as Lachine. THere are a few colonies that have been caught and released by Steri Animal. If you would like, I can ask the co-founder of Steri Animal about your area. Yoy can PM me your actual area and I will email her ASAP.
Who ever has been doing it...:thumbs up