Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Surgery for Angus

CarolynInPEI
September 4th, 2010, 11:13 AM
Angus went in on Thursday for his Entropion surgery/neutering.

Everything went well with both procedures. My vet warned me how swollen his eye would be but I was really taken back when I seen him! His eye looked (and still looks) terrible.

We just got back from the vet. Angus was very itchy and irritated. He also managed to scratch his eye even tho he had one of those cones on!!

So went to the vet, got a shot and some pills for the itching and swelling and a larger cone. Hopefully everything goes well for him now.

Here is a pic of his eye.

14+kitties
September 4th, 2010, 11:26 AM
Aww poor Angus. I am glad both procedures went well though. Did they give you a time frame for when his eye would heal?
Meanwhile I guess he gets lots and lots of hugs. :cloud9::cloud9:

CarolynInPEI
September 4th, 2010, 01:41 PM
He has to go back in 2 weeks to get the stitches removed. My vet figured 2-2.5 weeks before he will be 100%.

The first 2-3 days are suppose to be the worst....and I hope it gets better after that!

My poor little guy :(

14+kitties
September 4th, 2010, 01:45 PM
Well, in the general frame of things that isn't too bad at all. A couple of weeks from now Angus will be the most handsome pupper on the block!!! Well, he may have competition from his younger sibling but........... :laughing::cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Aw, there's the handsome dude!!! Don't you mind that cone, Angus--soon the stitches will be out, the cone will be gone and everything will be forgotten! And no more irritated eye!!!

Quick recovery! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
September 4th, 2010, 09:17 PM
You know, despite the surgery and the stitches, Angus looks pretty laid back and happy in that photo :cloud9:. Heal quick sweet Angus :goodvibes:.

hazelrunpack
September 4th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I get the impression that Angus is just a laid back and happy boy in general! :cloud9: :D

Dog Dancer
September 4th, 2010, 10:52 PM
I hope Angus has a super speedy recovery. I have to agree, he really doesn't look any the worse for wear. :lovestruck:

CarolynInPEI
September 5th, 2010, 10:13 AM
Angus is a very laid back, super happy pup.

Now that he has a bigger cone and some meds for the itch, he's happy. His eye is looking better and the swelling is slowly going down.

Even though his eye must be sore and the cone drives him crazy....it hasn't stopped his 'im gonna jump on the counter when you leave the room and steal your pork chops' attitude. (he attempted this just an hour after picking him up at the vet!) Which is great and I'm hoping for a speedy recovery too.

Dee-O-Gee
September 12th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Trying to catch up and saw the news about Angus' surgery.

How's the little gaffer doing now Carolyn. Has the itching stopped?

What a sweet little trooper he is. :angel: Good boy Angus! :highfive: