Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

That moment of terror from Ziggy this morning!

diandpat
September 3rd, 2010, 11:50 AM
Well, it had to happen. Pat has been working late hours lately and got up this a.m. at 6 to let Hobo out and in and came back to bed. After, he got up fed who he could see and left. When I got up the note said Ziggy was nowhere to be found. FOR BREAKFAST???? Never. I knew he had gotten out.

It is stinky hot out and it had already been several hours since he could have gotten out. I grabbed the Temptations bad (kitty krak) and started walking out back shaking the bag. Checked the bushes where he loves to lie when he is out on leash...nothing :( Went in front and checked under cars and the front bushes...nothing :(

Had to go back in to get Ginger down the stairs to do her business. When I got back out front he was lying on the neighbors front path in the shade looking at me. I did not have the treats at this point but did not want to lose sight on him so I walked over very slowly.

To my amazement, he did not move. Let me pick him up and bring him in the house...no fight. I think he found some dry food that someone feeds ferals because he was really not as ravenous as he should have been that many hours late for breaky. He did, however, drink half a bowl of water. He did not attack Zuzu once (normal morning play) and is passed out at the top of the stairs.

Me must have had quite an adventure...hope he scared himself silly too. I know he did me...phew, happy ending!!!!

Love4himies
September 3rd, 2010, 11:53 AM
:eek: Could he have been out all night??? Sounds like he was just exhausted, hopefully his adventure scared him enough not to go outside again :pray:

diandpat
September 3rd, 2010, 12:02 PM
:eek: Could he have been out all night??? Sounds like he was just exhausted, hopefully his adventure scared him enough not to go outside again :pray:

No, just since 6 a.m. He had been sleeping with me, ok ON me, when Pat got up to let Hobo out.

Do you think he could have scared himself enough? Do cats work like that??? I really hope so. It was only less than an hour I was aware and I was shaking. Can't imagine people who LOSE their pets...must be awful :(

14+kitties
September 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
No, just since 6 a.m. He had been sleeping with me, ok ON me, when Pat got up to let Hobo out.

Do you think he could have scared himself enough? Do cats work like that??? I really hope so. It was only less than an hour I was aware and I was shaking. Can't imagine people who LOSE their pets...must be awful :(

He will try again. One of the perils of owning cats. Most of mine run the other way when the door is open but occasionally TT decides he wants to see what's out there. Ziggy is used to going out on his harness so probably figured nothing was wrong with him going out. I usually pick TT up, take him out to the deck for a few minutes (still holding him) and then take him back in. I tell him there's nothing out there that interests him. He's usually good for a couple of weeks. :D

Dog Dancer
September 3rd, 2010, 12:22 PM
That is scary. Good thing he was so willing to be caught. Silly boy.

hazelrunpack
September 3rd, 2010, 03:53 PM
Whew! :eek: Glad you got him back! The little sneak! :yell: Trying to give your mom a heart attack?!?

I hope he's just tired and not feeling ill :goodvibes:

chico2
September 3rd, 2010, 04:01 PM
dap,My Chico was gone once for 2 hours and I know how you felt,I was shaking, crying all the time while walking up the street looking for him.
Only to find him sitting on our front-porch,tongue hanging out,he never tried it again,but of course you can never trust them 100%.

quincymycat
September 3rd, 2010, 04:09 PM
I can relate....when Milo was new to the house he was very shy and would hide .... the basement was still unfinished and I finally discovered he would hide under the furnace...but the first time I went out ...back in the good old days when I had a cleaning service... I could not find him anywhere and was positive the cleaning crew had let him out. I was so upset and worried, of course being a "normal" cat, he would not respond or even make a noise when I called him and I would never want to go through that again. I was even outside trying to distinguish if there were any paw prints in the snow. I still get anxious when ever anyone comes in.
My guys tend to avoid the door, but you never know.
Awful feeling....but look at that peaceful, sleeping face...."what me upset my mommy???? never...just took a stroll!" :laughing:

Frenchy
September 3rd, 2010, 04:37 PM
ahhh Ziggy you bad boy ! :p

Paddy got out a couple of times in the back yard by ripping screen off the door or when my ex SIL was visiting and let him outside , thinking I let my cats out because I have a fenced backyard :headslap: so yes , I think Ziggy will try again. :cat:

Tundra_Queen
September 4th, 2010, 05:49 AM
I'm so glad you found him! I get terrified when Willie gets outside. He is the one out of the 4 that is always trying to get past the door!

And Ziggy is a beautiful cat!

diandpat
September 5th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Well Ziggy slept the entire day and only woke up for dinner. I think Zuzu would be happy if he went out everyday...he had no energy to antagonize her all day :laughing::laughing:

After dinner I brought them out with me while I went for a swim. Poor Ziggy was lying in the grass (on his leash) hunting bugs when I saw him put his paw on something, take it off really quickly and start furiously licking his paw. Poor little guy was stung by a wasp :( He really did have a bad day!

And Ziggy is a beautiful cat!

Thank you...he really is an angel...when he is sleeping :laughing::laughing: