Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

what happened to my cat

angeldust
September 2nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
on tuesday morning, I had to put my cat to sleep. What happened was on Sunday we noticed to he wasn't coming upstairs to see us, he just stayed in the basement, that night my husband noticed he vomited some green stuff. On Monday, we brought him upstairs to be with us. That day I was home, I noticed he didn't eat or drink and there was green mucous just drooling from his mouth, and when he walked he would loose balance. I called the vet that evening, he said to bring him in the morning. That evening, he wasn't moving hardly, he would urinate on the spot and was still drooling that green mucous. We laid him on a quilt and we laid down with him on the kitchen floor, he lost a lot of wait and could only walk 2 to 3 steps at the time. On Tuesday morning, we thought he was dead, you would touch him and no response, we brought him first thing as soon as the vet was open. They looked at him, the vet even teared up. His kidneys, liver, heart was not working properly and his temperature was at 35.4 degrees. They put him to sleep right away. Nothing could be done.
What happened to him, he was only 6 yrs old. Was he poisoned, was it a virus. My vet could tell me.
I miss him dearly, as if i lost a child.
Need answer pls.:confused::confused::(

hazelrunpack
September 2nd, 2010, 01:18 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss, angeldust :grouphug:

Have asked vet about a post-mortem exam on your cat? That may be the only way you'll get any answers, and even a post-mortem may be inconclusive, I'm afraid. But you might want to talk to your vet about it.

I wish you heart's ease, angeldust.

:candle:

LittleMushroom
September 4th, 2010, 09:31 PM
this is terrible...:grouphug: i too think autopsy is the best way at this point to know what happened to your poor kitty...i am so sorry. can you find anything in the basement that might cause the death?

JennieV
September 4th, 2010, 11:36 PM
angeldust, please dont take this the wrong way, I do not mean to pass any judgement or make this worse in no way, but if it was me and I noticed these signs about either of my pet - I would be heading to the emergency at once. Your kitty may have gotten into something he should not have, but what you should have done is take action right away, not wait. :shrug:

I am really posting this for other people to see. What happened to your kitty - only your vet may be able to explain. It sounds like poisoning to me, but I DONT KNOW.
:(
:candle::rip: kitty

LittleMushroom
September 5th, 2010, 08:56 PM
btw, did your vet suggest you to bring your kitty to the emergency that evening?