Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost Blue Eyed Male Husky/Malamut Brossard, Aug 29th

Marguerite
September 1st, 2010, 07:42 PM
Our husky/malamut's collar broke and he escaped near the corner of Milan and Grande Allee in Brossard on Aug 29. He is male, blue eyes, no collar, white and brown, full grown. Very gentle.
PLEASE contact us if you have seen him. Here is his photo attached.
514-816-7158
Thank you

luckypenny
September 1st, 2010, 08:49 PM
Please go to the SCDD, 9900 Chemin Chambly, Saint-Hubert. It's the pound responsible for St. Hubert. Please don't call, just go to see, every day, if your dog is there yourself. They only hold on to dogs for approx. 5 days before they sell or euthanize. Don't delay!

In case someone found your dog and brought them elsewhere other than the SCDD, you can also call and/or visit SPCA Monteregie, 178 Chemin du Vide
Sainte-Angèle-de-Monnoir, 450-460-3075

and AMR, 47 St-Pierre, St-Constant, 450-638-9698

and SPCA Montreal, 5215 Jean-Talon, 514-735-2711

Don't forget to check with all the vet offices in the area. There's one right where your dog got lost, Cani-Felis 450-656-2727 and HV Rive Sud on boul. Taschereau 450-656-3660.

Good luck :fingerscr.

Marguerite
September 2nd, 2010, 12:07 AM
thanks for your reply, the SCDD called us saying they had a husky fitting our description but once we saw him it was not our dog.
I know the owner of AMR and she is also keeping an eye out for him; they also found a similar dog but it turned out not to be ours either.

We called Hopital Veterinaire on Lawrence street, but not the other one closest to us so I will do that.

We also called the SPCA Monteregie, but they said they do not have a dog matching our description.

I havent tried the SPCA Jean Talon because I figured the chances of him being taken to a Montreal location would be slim considering he was lost on the south shore. I will go back to the SCDD Thursday to check again. Thanks

luckypenny
September 2nd, 2010, 12:13 AM
Definitely at least give Mtl SPCA a call. For non-pet owners, most ppl aren't even aware of the pounds and Monteregie might be too far for them to drive.

There's a vet hospital on the corner of Mario and Taschereau that's close to you...and the one on Grande Allee. I'd be putting up posters as well, especially at the dog park on boul. Rome. Have you listed a lost ad on kijiji and lespacs?

luckypenny
September 2nd, 2010, 12:42 AM
Just thought of something... near Milan, there's a groomer, Chez Milou, 5590 Grande Allee. Maybe someone could have brought your dog there as well, or perhaps she heard/saw something. Won't hurt to go see her with a poster too.

BenMax
September 2nd, 2010, 08:52 AM
Also check the Emergency Animal Clinic on Tashereau Blvd (in front of the Reno Depot). I do know that they sometimes take in strays if brought there (I have picked up 2) and then will have SCDD come and get them if not claimed.:frustrated: (why? I have not a clue...:shrug:).

Also - contact SPCA Monteregie. They are a no kill shelter in Saint Angele de Monnoir. (Great group).

Good luck to you.

Marguerite
September 2nd, 2010, 01:33 PM
thank you for your replies. The SCPA Jean Talon called me this morning and I also contacted the SPCA Monteregie but will be driving down there today to see for myself.
I put up many fliers which were ALL taken down within a day.
I am postering more today and will visit all the centres you mentioned.
Thanks again

BenMax
September 2nd, 2010, 02:04 PM
thank you for your replies. The SCPA Jean Talon called me this morning and I also contacted the SPCA Monteregie but will be driving down there today to see for myself.
I put up many fliers which were ALL taken down within a day.
I am postering more today and will visit all the centres you mentioned.
Thanks again

I will be going to the Montreal SPCA today to pick up a dog. I will check their stray department there. If there, I will contact Frenchy to contact you. If you do not hear from us it is because the pup is not there.

Hang in there.:grouphug:

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2010, 03:00 PM
I will be going to the Montreal SPCA today to pick up a dog. I will check their stray department there. If there, I will contact Frenchy to contact you. If you do not hear from us it is because the pup is not there.

Hang in there.:grouphug:

:fingerscr

also Marguerite , have you posted this on facebook ? Would you allow me to post it on my wall ? Maybe without your phone number ? I have many friends on facebook who are with shelters and rescues , maybe they could help.

chico2
September 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
You have 3 really wonderful dog-rescuers/fostermoms giving you advice I:pray:you get your beautiful dog back:fingerscr

BenMax
September 2nd, 2010, 03:18 PM
:fingerscr

also Marguerite , have you posted this on facebook ? Would you allow me to post it on my wall ? Maybe without your phone number ? I have many friends on facebook who are with shelters and rescues , maybe they could help.

Just spoke to my contact there. Apparently someone called for another husky that went missing and this dog was reclaimed at SCDD. I was also told that AMR may have the contract now for Brossard? You need to look into this.:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2010, 03:29 PM
ahhh thanks Chico2 :o

Just spoke to my contact there. Apparently someone called for another husky that went missing and this dog was reclaimed at SCDD. I was also told that AMR may have the contract now for Brossard? You need to look into this.:thumbs up

I know there's one at the SCDD but he's a different husky.

Yes , AMR have gotten more cities like St-Paul de l'Iles aux Noix and others in that area. I was wondering about Brossard .... will ask them.

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2010, 04:12 PM
Yes they do Brossard , I have them on FB so I'll know right away if they ever find this dog , they will post about him but the OP mentioned she knew AMR owner so I guess they will call her if they get her dog.

here's the cities they have "under contrat " :

Candiac, Delson, Ste-Catherine, St-Constant, St-Philippe, St-Mathieu de Laprairie, Laprairie, Brossard, St-Jean sur Richelieu, Châteauguay, Mercier, Léry, St-Isidore, Ste-Martine, Dorval, St-Jacques le Mineur, St-Édouard, St-Rémi, St-Clotilde, St-Chrysostome, Napierville, St-Cyprien de Napierville, Hemmingford, St-Urbain, St-Sacrement, Havelock, Howick, St-Paul de L`Ile aux Noix, St-Blaise sur Richelieu

BenMax
September 2nd, 2010, 04:22 PM
Yes they do Brossard , I have them on FB so I'll know right away if they ever find this dog , they will post about him but the OP mentioned she knew AMR owner so I guess they will call her if they get her dog.

here's the cities they have "under contrat " :

Candiac, Delson, Ste-Catherine, St-Constant, St-Philippe, St-Mathieu de Laprairie, Laprairie, Brossard, St-Jean sur Richelieu, Châteauguay, Mercier, Léry, St-Isidore, Ste-Martine, Dorval, St-Jacques le Mineur, St-Édouard, St-Rémi, St-Clotilde, St-Chrysostome, Napierville, St-Cyprien de Napierville, Hemmingford, St-Urbain, St-Sacrement, Havelock, Howick, St-Paul de L`Ile aux Noix, St-Blaise sur Richelieu

:offtopic:So glad that they have the contract. Now there is hope for all Brossard animals.:thumbs up

Frenchy
September 2nd, 2010, 04:46 PM
:offtopic:So glad that they have the contract. Now there is hope for all Brossard animals.:thumbs up

:offtopic: now all they need is for those cities to pinch in so they can buy a bigger shelter and hire more people :fingerscr

Marguerite
September 2nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
Hello there, thanks for all your help and well-wishes.

Today I went back to the SCDD and asked to see ALL their dogs, they have a husky but its not ours.
I then went to the SPCA Monteregie to see all their dogs, ours isn't there.
Please if you'd like to post this on your FB wall go ahead, absolutely.
I postered the bus shelters and went to the dog park on Rome as well.
Went to toilettage Milou on Grande Allee and the Vet on Grande Allee corner Milan.
They all posted our poster in their windows.
The only think I havent done yet is actually visit AMR in st-constant, do you think I should go there myself? The do have the information and a photograph and I do know the owner or at least of the owners, they will keep an eye out.

I posted on Craigslist and Kijiji and Paws for Life's facebook page.

luckypenny
September 2nd, 2010, 11:51 PM
I was also told that AMR may have the contract now for Brossard?

Yes they do Brossard

YES, great news!!! :goodvibes: :highfive: :thumbs up

Unfortunately, the average Joe might not have known that (or the average LP :rolleyes:) and could still bring the dog elsewhere. I'd still be checking in personally at the SCDD.

Margeurite, did you contact the police station by any chance? Perhaps someone may have called in regards to your dog. General info: 450-463-7011

Posters in bus shelters and on mailboxes in Brossard will be taken down unfortunately :frustrated:. Try all the depanneurs (with the ok from the managers), laundromats (there's one in the same strip mall as Chez Milou), grocery stores (IGA on Broadway, Metro on Milan). You can even ask some of the schools in the area if they would let you put up a poster where the students can see it. There's also a kennel (and breeding facility) not too far away, you may want to check in there. They're located on boul. des Prairies I think. If you take Rome until the very end (past the 10/30 shopping), you won't have a choice but to turn right. Once you've turned right, turn on the first street to the left. You'll see signs for the place there.

Was your dog at home when he disappeared? Can you leave a blanket or his bed out for him?

I really hope you're reunited soon :fingerscr.

Marguerite
September 3rd, 2010, 12:50 AM
Hi yes this is my mother's dog in fact, and I am doing alot of the searching for her because she is quite distressed. She called the police several times, and I called them again today and they just wanted to get off the phone with me, saying the AMR would have them if they found him.
So both her and I are calling these shelters over and over, they all have the photo and the numbers.
He disappeared at my mom's new apartment, she only moved in a few months ago so he does not really know the area.

I did more postering today though. I didn't know about the pound at the end of Rome good idea I will try that.
I got a lot of support from people here trying to help and thank you very much.

Her other little pomeranian is so sad, not eating, won't sleep with her, restless, etc. and we are worried about him.
In any case, I keep checking back here every few hours in case you have more advice for me. Thank you again.

luckypenny
September 3rd, 2010, 12:53 AM
The other place is not a pound but a boarding kennel and breeding facility. Have a good look around the place if you can, ok? Specially if your mom's boy is not neutered.

Did your mother move from far away? If not, then quickly get posters up in her old area asap. He may have headed back there.

luckypenny
September 3rd, 2010, 11:02 PM
Any news Marguerite :fingerscr?

Marguerite
September 4th, 2010, 05:47 PM
no news yet. Nothing, no calls.
I don't know what to do, it's a been a week so I'm assuming if none of the centres have him then somebody found him and must have kept him.

Marguerite
September 5th, 2010, 04:28 PM
Hi everyone! I got a phone call today (Sunday) saying a guy saw him in front of a school in the B section (George Vanier School) of brossard and that he was running around with the kids. He said the school called the police and doesn't know what happened after that. He said this was on Thursday.

I know AMR deals with Brossard, I called them again with the details today and left a message. No emails or phone calls from them yet.

What do you think I should do now?
Thanks! Really hoping this is him!!
He saw my poster in the Metro grocery store.

chico2
September 5th, 2010, 04:34 PM
WOW Marguerite,that's exciting,could you not call the police and find out what they did with him???
:pray::pray::pray:you will be able to get him:pray:

Love4himies
September 5th, 2010, 04:40 PM
I am glad there has been a sighting.

I would call the local police station to find out if the responded and if so what had happened.

BenMax
September 6th, 2010, 09:52 AM
That is a very good sign. Put some posters up where the sightings occured. If you add 'Reward' you may get more response. Sad but true.

Good luck!:thumbs up

Little Bear
September 6th, 2010, 11:22 AM
I so truly hope you find your dog. I can just imagine how panicked your mother must be. When you do find him, i do hope you will place a collar around his neck. Having him tide up is fine but i think maybe you wouldn't be having this much of a problem if he had a collar on with an I.D. tag.........Unless of course, he managed to rip off the collar and if that is the case, then i have to assume you have one of those clicking together collars, rather then the ones that are made like belts with holes. Those other collars that click together are just awful. They always break.

Just a thought :)

Frenchy
September 6th, 2010, 12:07 PM
i do hope you will place a collar around his neck. Having him tide up is fine but i think maybe you wouldn't be having this much of a problem if he had a collar on with an I.D. tag

he did have a collar !

Our husky/malamut's collar broke

Marguerite
September 6th, 2010, 11:47 PM
hi there, yes he definitely did have a collar with his ID tags on it. It was the kind that clicks together, a big sturdy-looking one, but he pulled so hard that it just broke.
So far no news. The police told me to call AMR and I did, but they didn't call me back yet. Maybe it's not a match.

My beautiful pet rat died today; he was only about a year and a half.
I'm not so happy right now : (

Thanks for your well wishes, will update you once I know anything.

hazelrunpack
September 7th, 2010, 10:42 AM
:grouphug: I'm so sorry about the loss of your little rat :candle:

And I hope the news you get today about your mom's dog is good news. :goodvibes:

BenMax
September 7th, 2010, 11:06 AM
So sorry for your loss. I had rats in the past and they are very fragile and cancer always seems to be the culpret.

RIP little squeeker...:rip:

Good luck with finding the dog. My thoughts are with you especially today.:grouphug:

Marguerite
September 8th, 2010, 01:05 PM
Hi guys, well after the call about the possible sighting, I called AND wrote to AMR and they did not call or write back to me.
I'm assuming this is because it was not our dog.

I also went in person to the SCDD yesterday just in case he was there but he was not.

So, that's the status for now.
thanks for your support!

Frenchy
September 8th, 2010, 03:31 PM
I posted on facebook last week , I just posted again :fingerscr

chico2
September 8th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Marguerite,I am so very sorry,I was hoping :pray:you would have your boy back by now,how very heartbreaking.
But please don't lose hope:goodvibes::fingerscr

Love4himies
September 8th, 2010, 05:56 PM
I keep hoping for news that you found him :(

Sending lots of :fingerscr:fingerscr:fingerscr your way.

Marguerite
September 14th, 2010, 11:21 PM
thanks you guys for all the nice comments, we still don't have anything on his whereabouts. If you look at his photo again in the first post of this thread, do you think the Husky Malamute mix is correct? We are now unsure if we put the correct breed. What do you think?
Thanks again, still hoping for a sighting!!

Rgeurts
September 14th, 2010, 11:49 PM
Husky/Mal looks right to me! Definitely Sib with those blue eyes. I hope you find him soon! :pray: :fingerscr