Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

A few new ones of the family

14+kitties
August 31st, 2010, 11:42 PM
Naddy, Gracie and Tipster relaxing. You can see Naddy's spay incision pretty clearly. It's taking a long time to heal. I am thinking the antibiotics she was on for two weeks prior to spaying had something to do with it. She's getting there though. :thumbs up
Contemplating life.........
Chrissie - wouldn't move from beside the boxes so I could get a better pic. Silly gal. :cloud9: Her eye is still a little goopy so she is on homeopathic meds for it. :thumbs up:thumbs up

14+kitties
August 31st, 2010, 11:45 PM
Demi - still full of spunk!
Tipster hiding under the edge of the bed. He's not crazy about the camera flash.
Sneakers going after the camera strap. She is full of p*$$ and vinegar lately.:D

14+kitties
August 31st, 2010, 11:55 PM
Gracie being as sweet and lovable as always.
Nefer being quiet. A little unusual for him. :D
I know she isn't one of the gang but I thought I'd post this one of Mylee just because.....

ancientgirl
September 1st, 2010, 08:50 AM
All wonderful photos, but the "contemplating life" shot is absolutely lovely!

cpietra16
September 1st, 2010, 09:21 AM
One big happy family...they all look so happy and relaxed. :cloud9:

Love4himies
September 1st, 2010, 09:35 AM
Awwww, they are looking great.

Poor Naddy, I wonder if her immune system is just a little weak at the moment. I have found that the adult cats do seem to take longer to heal than the kittens.

BenMax
September 1st, 2010, 09:37 AM
They look amazing! Tell me 14+K - do you adopt out any of your kittens or cats? I have someone in Ontario actually looking for a 'full' tabby with little to no white. I know - weird request.

14+kitties
September 1st, 2010, 10:46 AM
Awwww, they are looking great.

Poor Naddy, I wonder if her immune system is just a little weak at the moment. I have found that the adult cats do seem to take longer to heal than the kittens.

I have had quite a number of cats older than her fixed and not had the same issue. :shrug: I'm keeping a close eye on her incision to make sure it doesn't get infected. I even went so far as to put a cone on her. What a waste of $20.00 that would have done better going toward food. I put it on as tight as I could without choking the poor gal. She put her paws up and flicked it off. :laughing: It was funny but frustrating too. It did look better this morning though. :fingerscr

They look amazing! Tell me 14+K - do you adopt out any of your kittens or cats? I have someone in Ontario actually looking for a 'full' tabby with little to no white. I know - weird request.

Sneakers, as you can see from the pic, is a "full" tabby. You are right. It is weird. I normally don't let kittens go before six months because I want to make sure they are fixed. That would be another 5 weeks or so. PM me and we'll see if we can set something up. :thumbs up

luckypenny
September 1st, 2010, 10:51 AM
They're all absolutely lovely :cloud9: :lovestruck:. I must admit though, I have a little crush on Nefer :flirt:.

14+kitties
September 1st, 2010, 11:01 AM
They're all absolutely lovely :cloud9: :lovestruck:. I must admit though, I have a little crush on Nefer :flirt:.

He is turning into a little purr machine! Almost as much as Dart. He is going to be an amazing adult kitty. Huge and very content to sit and be a lap cat. :thumbs up

luckypenny
September 1st, 2010, 11:04 AM
I so wish Lucky would be good with cats :(. I'd adopt Nefer and Dart in a second :cloud9:.

14+kitties
September 1st, 2010, 11:10 AM
I so wish Lucky would be good with cats :(. I'd adopt Nefer and Dart in a second :cloud9:.

:grouphug: Some day you will have your kitties LP. Maybe not these ones but I know there are kitties in your future. :thumbs up:cloud9:

diandpat
September 1st, 2010, 11:28 AM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So much cuteness :lovestruck: Love the first set where they are lying all over the hutch! No fights nothing! :shrug: I'll have to show Ziggy!!!

They are all doing so well...what a labor of love that saved these precious souls. Makes my heart swell every time! Can't imagine how you have the strength to let them go after 6 months. Necessary evil I know but still :cry:

Great job! :thumbs up

14+kitties
September 1st, 2010, 11:36 AM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

So much cuteness :lovestruck: Love the first set where they are lying all over the hutch! No fights nothing! :shrug: I'll have to show Ziggy!!!

They are all doing so well...what a labor of love that saved these precious souls. Makes my heart swell every time! Can't imagine how you have the strength to let them go after 6 months. Necessary evil I know but still :cry:

Great job! :thumbs up

That's actually the headboard of my old water bed. I loved it too much to get rid of the frame when the bladder burst so put a regulation mattress in it.
With a family of seven we do have the odd scuffle break out. The boys decide they are going to harass their sisters on a regular basis. :laughing:
Technically once they are fixed and ready to go I would only have had them for around four months. Doesn't make it easier to let go. I think about them a lot. Especially after losing Bandit last year a month after adopting him out. :(

Dog Dancer
September 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
Poor sweet Naddy. I hope she heals up quickly. No cone head for that beauty though mom. They all look so great and content. I'm with diandpat, I don't know how you part with them. Hey, that said, have you ever??? I think your count just keeps going up and up, I can't recall any adoption stories :rolleyes:. Is this a secret maybe that hubby just hasn't caught on to yet?? You rock my friend with all you do for the kitties.

14+kitties
September 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM
Poor sweet Naddy. I hope she heals up quickly. No cone head for that beauty though mom. They all look so great and content. I'm with diandpat, I don't know how you part with them. Hey, that said, have you ever??? I think your count just keeps going up and up, I can't recall any adoption stories :rolleyes:. Is this a secret maybe that hubby just hasn't caught on to yet?? You rock my friend with all you do for the kitties.

Yes, I have adopted a few. :p Sparta and PC are now with my daughter and son respectively. Nip and Tuck were adopted by a customer from my greenhouse days. Teegan and Jade are with a friend of my son. Bandit :rip: :angel2: was adopted by the son of the same customer who adopted Nip and Tuck. He unfortunately was pts about a month or so after he left here. I get the feeling from what was said the vet didn't want to take the time to look after him properly so close to Christmas. :(
My problem is I am very particular about the homes my babies go to. Especially after Bandit. :cry: With the "farmers mentality" in this area where cats are allowed to go wherever and procreate freely and no one wants to "pay for a silly cat" it makes my decisions harder.

Tundra_Queen
September 1st, 2010, 12:28 PM
14+ they are all so sweet!

chico2
September 1st, 2010, 05:34 PM
14+,I had been waiting for some new pics.
I think little Naddie looks very good,in spite of her scar,her sweet little face looks fuller,you've done wonderful as always:grouphug:
All the kittens are looking great too,especially little Tipster and Sneakers(I am not biased)bbut they all do.

I'll just have to take those 2 and maybe Dart,unfortunately only in my dreams:(

It will be a heartbreak for sure,even for us here,once they get adopted,or if they get adopted.
How do you decide upon meeting a stranger,if they are going to be good cat-owners,it must be really difficult and such a big responsibility.

rainbow
September 17th, 2010, 01:52 AM
Wonderful pics and they all look so happy. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Hmmmm...don't know how I missed this one! They're looking so good, 14+! A bunch of sweeties, that's for sure! :cloud9:

Frenchy
September 17th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Hmmmm...don't know how I missed this one!

Me too ! :confused:

omg ! they are growing up so fast ! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
September 17th, 2010, 02:29 PM
'Sok ladies. You are both very busy. :thumbs up Kitties are growing fast. The boys are much bigger than the girls. All four of the girls are dainty. Like mom. Next month they can all go to be fixed. I'm hoping to get them all done on the same day so they can all recoup together. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
September 17th, 2010, 02:33 PM
Holy catz! You're going to have to open a recovery ward!!! Hope all goes well :goodvibes:

TeriM
September 21st, 2010, 02:35 AM
I love that "contemplating life" picture :cloud9:.

The gang is looking wonderful :lovestruck:.