Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Could have been tragic!

Dee-O-Gee
August 31st, 2010, 09:52 PM
Out walking Gryph and Mollie tonight and we rounded a corner only to find this beautiful, vibrant pure yellow budgie or parakeet. He was sitting in a lane way on a busy street, eating a small tuff of grass. Mollie was so close that she was able to scense it and it never budged.

I looked around and saw an open window in a building so I rang the door bell but no one answered. I then went up to the next building which was a cornerstore and piped out to the cashier if she knew of anyone missing a budgie.

I turned to looked back at the little guy and there was this couple walking their baby in a stroller. They didn't notice the budgie sitting there and I started to scream, NO...NO...NO... WATCH OUT!

The father swerved to avoid hitting it then the lady calmly started saying the bird's name! I asked if it was her's and she was almost speechless in that she lost him two days ago and has been walking around the neighborhood looking for him. She quickly grabbed a receiving blanket from the baby stroller, calmly scooped up her little pet and they whisked there way back home.

After this, we continued our routine walk home and I'm sure all the cars passing me by were wondering what the heck I was smiling about. :)

luckypenny
August 31st, 2010, 09:54 PM
Did that ever end well :goodvibes:.

Dog Dancer
August 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM
Wow, good thing you got their attention in time. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2010, 09:59 PM
What a great ending to the story!!! What a lucky little budgie!!! :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
August 31st, 2010, 10:06 PM
I was just googling budgies and parakeets and this little guy was really different looking. He didn't have any flecking in his feathers like a budgie. Pure yellow like a yellow highlighter. :shrug:

The lady was so distracted in catching him that I didn't want to interupt or intrude by asking what kind of bird he was. I was just happy that he was scooped up and is back with his family. :)

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2010, 10:18 PM
Some budgies are just a pure color without the black edges. Very pretty, too :flirt:

I had a budgie once--his name was Ami and he was with me for more than 7 years. What a character he was! Feisty well beyond what you'd expect from such a little guy :laughing:

Love4himies
September 1st, 2010, 06:53 AM
So glad you were there :thumbs up.

Tundra_Queen
September 1st, 2010, 11:05 AM
Oh what a very happy ending! I was holding my breath until I read the end. :thumbs up

Sylvie
September 1st, 2010, 04:28 PM
What a nice story with a happy ending. :thumbs up

chico2
September 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
What a great ending and lucky little bird:thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
September 1st, 2010, 07:56 PM
Oh it truly was a great ending indeed. Especially with a smile on my face the rest of the way. :) :) :)

I was telling a fellow co-worker today about last night and he suggested it could have been a canary. I googled canaries and yep, the images I saw for canaries matched spot on to what this little guy looked like. :lightbulb:

dbg10
September 2nd, 2010, 01:13 PM
what a wonderful heartwarming story thanks for posting it :D What a lucky little birdie:)

AnnetteinNC
September 2nd, 2010, 04:47 PM
What a great story!!! How great of you to try and find it's owner and then getting your reward so to speak by it actually being found by it's owner right in front of you!
Back when I was growing up in Germany a lot of people had canaries.