Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What the heck was she thinking????

cpietra16
August 31st, 2010, 07:15 PM
I just got a call from a friend...she has a friends who just had the most beautiful wedding...but the wedding is over and reality hit....

Problem #1...the bride wanted canaries to sing at her wedding

Problem#2....the bride bought 6 canaries who sang at her wedding

Problem #3...reality hits....duh

Problem #4...wedding is over....crap!! "I've got 6 canaries....oh wait...I hate birds"

Problem #5...I get a call from my friend who is really ^%&** at the bride....asking if I know what I can do with 6 canaries...

Problem #6....I have a few ideas where I would put the canaries, but I don't want to harm the birds!!!!!

Any ideas????? Are there any bird rescues????

Longblades
August 31st, 2010, 07:26 PM
I have a few ideas where I would put the canaries, but I don't want to harm the bride!!!!!Why not? She's already got holes in her head.

cpietra16
August 31st, 2010, 07:33 PM
As tempting as the idea is..this bride , who is not an animal person, was completely inlove with the romantic side of having birds sing at her wedding. She just never thought it through, or realized that having 6 birds in the house may not be as romantic as she thought they were at the wedding venue....for future brides out there...next time RENT

14+kitties
August 31st, 2010, 07:49 PM
Sometimes aviaries or pet stores will take back the birds. Has she tried that? What a ?????! :wall:

onster
August 31st, 2010, 09:17 PM
wow. how would u even hear the birds singing in the loudness that is weddings?

sigh.

in any case, i dont think it would be too hard to rehome or at least return to seller (even if didnt get money back).

Shaykeija
August 31st, 2010, 09:26 PM
Some one should smack her. But wait until next year, when she finds out marriage ain't nothing like just living together or dating.

Dog Dancer
August 31st, 2010, 10:02 PM
It would have been really good karma if they had pooped on her dress... I agree that asking about returning them, free, would be a good idea. If not, sometimes the SPCA will take them, I've seen birds for adoption there in years past. I'd be cautious of advertising in the paper lest someone take them for snake food. Stoopid woman!

BenMax
September 1st, 2010, 08:56 AM
Here the SPCA will take and they get adopted pretty fast.

Bad Karma to the newly married unfortunately. Not well thought out at all.