Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toothpaste

breeze
August 31st, 2010, 06:40 PM
Is there a Doggie Toothpaste that I could make at home and that is simple?? that possible not upset Bree's tummy or makes Arch gag?? (I never used very much :shrug:)

Right now I am only using water,and tooth brush of course :D

Most of the toothpastes I have tried (different brands and flavors including non flavored) makes Bree's tummy upset which results in well you know the world I can never spell:laughing: and makes Archer gag. :yuck:

luckypenny
August 31st, 2010, 10:49 PM
I would think water and a toothbrush would be just fine, Breeze. The brushing action is what removes any food/dirt stuck to their teeth.

Teeth brushing time would be great to take pics of to share with us, you know :D.

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2010, 11:29 PM
:laughing: Awfully hard to brush and snap pics at the same time, though, LP! I've tried it--it just doesn't work well! It's so hard to get the drool and toothpaste off the camera afterward. :p

I agree--water and brush should be fine, breeze, unless you're trying to remove tarter deposits that have been there for a while. Then the enzyme pastes work well.

luckypenny
August 31st, 2010, 11:34 PM
Awfully hard to brush and snap pics at the same time, though, LP! I've tried it--it just doesn't work well! It's so hard to get the drool and toothpaste off the camera afterward. :p

Then it should be suggested as September's photo challenge :crazy:. You can start the thread, Breeze :D.

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2010, 11:35 PM
Well it certainly would be a challenge! :laughing:

breeze
September 1st, 2010, 08:23 AM
Then it should be suggested as September's photo challenge :crazy:. You can start the thread, Breeze :D.

:laughing::laughing:
anything to get pictures hummmmm :laughing::D

breeze
September 1st, 2010, 08:27 AM
I agree--water and brush should be fine, breeze, unless you're trying to remove tarter deposits that have been there for a while. Then the enzyme pastes work well.

ya I was trying to remove some tarter. Arch is not to bad he has a little but Bree's teeth have never been great, :( I thought if I could find something or make something it might help..:o
but most of the toothpastes make Bree's tummy upset.

hazelrunpack
September 1st, 2010, 02:02 PM
There are rinses that you can use. Talk to your vet--you may be able to apply some of the rinse to a toothbrush and get it on the tooth that way--minimizes the amount swallowed. Also, some of those enzyme toothpastes come in different flavors. Since Evan was allergic to poultry, we switched from the poultry-flavored CET to the malt-flavored CET. He tolerated the malt much better :thumbs up I think some make mint-flavored toothpastes now, too.

breeze
September 1st, 2010, 02:28 PM
I don't think I have ( should say the beasts) tried the malt one.. will have to look for that one:thumbs up