Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

~Avagirl~

luckypenny
August 29th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Although it's been a crazy several days at work, Ava's Mom and Dad stayed up late at the campsite so that I could come and visit every night and spend time with Ava. She's beautiful as ever. She recognized me immediately and we smooshed for long periods during the past 4 nights. I know she was happy to see me, dh, and the boys...I also know that she's at home, loves and is loved deeply, by her family. Every time I left, we loved each other up but she would go sit and lean up to her mom or dad as I pulled away. It's been very bittersweet :o. Dh took the first pic when he and Red took Ava for a walk in a field nearby the campsite, she had the zoomies :D. The second one I took of her last night as she cuddled up near the fire :cloud9:.

Sylvie
August 29th, 2010, 10:52 PM
What a wonderful home she has. I know what you mean by bittersweet. But it is good to see her so happy. :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 29th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Her mom had confided in me that she was worried Ava would cry when she saw me and would be upset when I left. She, as well as I, was relieved that Ava was well aware of with whom she belonged. That was the most happy/sad part for me :o. I've been trying to think of her the way I try to think of our fosters when they leave so it'll make it easier, but it doesn't really. I miss her lots.

shirley1011
August 30th, 2010, 06:21 AM
you did good luckypenny....Ava knows you have found her a wonderful forever home and I know how hard it must have been for you to see her but you know now she is happy and loved. When Jack's previous owners came to visit him the same thing happened..he was happy to see them but wouldn't leave my DH's side...his previous owner said how glad she was to know he was happy and loved...otherwise she could never had said goodbye.

Love4himies
August 30th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Awwwwww :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:. LP you have done a great service to Ava (and Penny). She (and Penny) is now living in a stress free environment. It was the ultimate unselfish sacrifice you made to benefit all your pack.

Ava looks just wonderful :cloud9:!

BenMax
August 30th, 2010, 08:07 AM
you did good luckypenny....Ava knows you have found her a wonderful forever home and I know how hard it must have been for you to see her but you know now she is happy and loved. When Jack's previous owners came to visit him the same thing happened..he was happy to see them but wouldn't leave my DH's side...his previous owner said how glad she was to know he was happy and loved...otherwise she could never had said goodbye.

I so agree LP. You did the right thing and though I know how torn you were, this was what was always meant to be. There is a reason for everything.

hazelrunpack
August 30th, 2010, 10:23 AM
You did good, LP :2huggers: For both Ava and her new family! So bask in your :angel:ness--there's just no getting around the fact that you are an :angel:!

And congratulations, Ava, you lovely girl!!

Chris21711
August 30th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Ava looks thoroughly happy LP :cloud9:...you must sleep well at night knowing that she is spoiled and loved :)

Dog Dancer
August 30th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Inside your heart LP you know this is right now. You will find peace with this seeing that Ava was so happy and settled with her new parents. As BenMax said, it's what was always meant to be no doubt. Your pack is at ease now.

JennieV
August 30th, 2010, 11:57 AM
LP, Ava looks amazing, and she looks so content and happy..! :grouphug::grouphug: you did the right thing, mf, she is doing great and so is Penny... :goodvibes::goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 30th, 2010, 01:46 PM
I'm so happy Ava has found a home where she is so loved and cared for. :grouphug:

chico2
August 30th, 2010, 04:01 PM
LP.I can soooo understand how you feel and having met you,I know you probably cried saying good-bye to Ava.
You know in your heart you did the right thing and Ava is very happy with her loving new family,but that does not mean you don't hurt seeing her,bitter-sweet for sure:grouphug:

14+kitties
August 30th, 2010, 04:02 PM
:cloud9: There is a very very happy girl!!! :cloud9:
:grouphug: to you mf! You did good!! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
August 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
LP - you done good! :)

Ava has grown into a smart girl and it's all because of you and your family. :highfive: Think happy thoughts. :D

TeriM
August 30th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Ava looks wonderful and I am happy to hear how very loved she is. I would bet that having her has really helped her familly deal with the loss of their other dog as well.

I'm sorry it is tough for you LP :grouphug: :grouphug:.

Tundra_Queen
August 31st, 2010, 10:34 AM
lp....Ava is such a pretty girl. What u did for her was one of the most unselfish loving acts u could do. :grouphug: You are a very special person.

onster
August 31st, 2010, 11:30 AM
You did such a wonderful thing for her and she looks so happy too LP. Youre so strong for giving her such a gift :grouphug:

Ford Girl
September 2nd, 2010, 04:07 PM
She's as pretty as ever, good job LP! xo

rainbow
September 17th, 2010, 12:48 AM
I couldn't agree more with everyones comments and I am so glad that everything turned out so well for you and your family and Ava and her new family. :goodvibes: