Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Before & After Garden

Dee-O-Gee
August 29th, 2010, 09:31 PM
This poor rose was totally entangled in and between this old piece of driftwood.

I've had this driftwood since I was 5 years old (my dad brought it home from a cottage as I liked floating on it) and really don't want to part with it.

After pruning and cutting away, I placed a new wrought iron trellis behind. It's hard to tell but in the middle of the trellis is a hummingbird! :)

I took the driftwood and placed it behind some hostas. Gonna fix up that corner next. :thumbs up Oh BTW...you can see a couple of creepers here too!

Sylvie
August 29th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Wow, you really did a lot of work. Looks great :thumbs up

Love your creepers. :D

luckypenny
August 30th, 2010, 12:18 AM
Every garden needs creepers :cloud9:.

Love both the driftwood and the trellis and your gardens too of course :).

hazelrunpack
August 30th, 2010, 11:12 AM
Wow, that really made a difference! How did you manage to get the driftwood out without killing the rose? :o I excel at killing things while trying to disentangle them... :rolleyes: One of my natural 'talents'... :o

Love4himies
August 30th, 2010, 12:45 PM
Wow, what a difference :thumbs up!

Dee-O-Gee
August 30th, 2010, 10:12 PM
How did you manage to get the driftwood out without killing the rose?

Fortunately, there was only one cane that was entangled in amongst the driftwood but unfortunately, it did have the most off shoots (furthest to the right). :(

It looks a little bare now but with it being all cleaned up and out, I'm hoping it will thrive next summer. :fingerscr

hazelrunpack
August 31st, 2010, 10:58 AM
We'll need some pics next summer to see how it's doing. :D