Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Accident Prone Dogs!

cassiek
August 28th, 2010, 08:42 PM
:laughing: We must have the most accident prone dogs ever! Especially when it comes to paws!

Diesel today came running into the kitchen today and we noticed blood everywhere :eek: we find out that he tore most of his one nail off his back paw! :( Him and Brynn had been playing so he must have ripped it off somehow. :shrug: It bled alot... I have never cut into their quick when I have trimmed their nails before, but I have heard if you do it can bleed a fair bit so this comes as no surprise. Of course, he hammed it up and has been enjoying all the attention! :laughing: Sucky part is, tomorrow he was supposed to be running in a Dog Jog we are doing for the humane society. Ah well... he may still come but just walk slowly instead...

Anyways, a pic of him all "doctored" up! :D

Oh, and for those of you who don't remember... Brynn hurt her paw over May Long this year when she was attacked by a Shiba Inu. Most of her paw pad was ripped off... I'll put a pic of her on here too. :laughing: The little bugs!

The fortunate thing is, we became such an expert at wrapping and bandaging after Brynn's, we had him fixed up in no time! :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
August 28th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Awwww poor Diesel. But hey your bandage job is good! Love the color of his bandage too.
Awwww and Brynn, what a sad face poor lil girl...

Love your Boxers:lovestruck:

cassiek
August 28th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Awwww poor Diesel. But hey your bandage job is good! Love the color of his bandage too.
Awwww and Brynn, what a sad face poor lil girl...

Love your Boxers:lovestruck:

Thanks, LMPG! Richard insisted we get him "man-ly" colors... my vote was in for hot pink or purple but Richard wouldn't budge! :laughing: :laughing:

Yes, Brynn really hammed it up! Her brother is not nearly as big of a ham as she is! :laughing:

And hey, you are more than welcome to dog-sit anytime! :thumbs up Haha, but seriously when we move to HR, we will have to go on some dog walks... would love to meet your pups as well... I adore Rotts and Pits!

14+kitties
August 28th, 2010, 09:44 PM
Yep, that's a ham alright!! :cloud9: Poor boy. I'm sure with some loving care he will be just fine. :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
August 30th, 2010, 11:02 PM
Awh poor Diesel. :(

How's his foot doing now cassiek? Did anyone sign his cast? :D

cassiek
August 31st, 2010, 01:38 AM
Awh poor Diesel. :(

How's his foot doing now cassiek? Did anyone sign his cast? :D

:laughing: klm, I should have totally had his doggie friends sign his cast! :thumbs up

He is doing much better! Just today, I found a place where I can get CHEAP vet wrap ($2.49/roll), stocked up, came home to find that he had taken his "cast" off during the day, but his toe actually looked much better and was not bleeding anymore, so I left it off and tonight he has not been licking it and it hasn't been bleeding at all. I figured it would take awhile to heal, but maybe not? :rolleyes:

mastifflover
August 31st, 2010, 10:21 AM
I love that face "how sorry do you feel for me" Milking it for all it is worth

Dog Dancer
September 1st, 2010, 11:31 AM
Poor Diesel. Feet bleed so badly. Amazing how dogs learn to be so sucky for attention when they have a booboo. One of mine had a sore paw a while back and a week later she was limping with the wrong foot just for attention. She was totally busted! But got cuddles anyhow... I think boxers have an edge though in the sympathy department because they have such smoochy faces.