Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Looking for a good vet in the Beaches area

Wellington
September 11th, 2004, 07:34 PM
My dog has a ear infection which caused him to scratch and resulted in an infected hot spot. The vet where I was using until today did not treat the ear infection so when I took my dog today to another vet, I was told that there was indeed an ear infection and an infected skin infection. To summarize: I was told today that the ear infection and the frequent hot spots which occured this summer might have been caused by an allergy:either to food or to fleas (He had been given Revolution which is apparently efficient for hear worms but not for fleas). The total cost for my visit in this vet today: Beachvet on Kingston Road East, was rather very high and I want to make sure sure that this is not a ripp off.
Would you know about this vetenerian and/or another reliable one in the Beaches area?
[COLOR=RoyalBlueThank you in advance for your help and time :) [/COLOR]

Luba
September 11th, 2004, 08:13 PM
Crossroads at Danforth and Danforth

416 686 0111
Dr. Rae Melnychuk

Wonderful woman and super vet!!

Luba
September 11th, 2004, 08:22 PM
Pls look here for a great remedy for ear infection

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=6311&highlight=gentian

goldenblaze
September 11th, 2004, 09:49 PM
Both of my dogs are on Revolution and we have had no problems. Revolution is for ear mites and flea's, heartworm, I would guess food might be the problem. Good Luck

raingirl
September 12th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Where do you guys get Gentian Violet!! I have been looking for it EVERYWHERE in Ontario and never see it. I only saw it once in Hawaii, and bought a big bottle. But it expired recently. THis stuff is great on burns!!

Thanks!!

Luba
September 12th, 2004, 07:54 PM
Check out a health food store, yu're sure to find it there :D

Good on burns? Really? TX for the tip !