Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Rescue Joys

RobinH
August 28th, 2010, 12:06 AM
Hi Everyone, I stumbled upon your site when I was looking for somewhere to share the joys of a Rescue Dog. Mine is a Westie/Mix.. and after doing some research.. I think she is a Westie/Glen. I don't care what she is... I LOVE her to bits.. but I was researching to try to understand her better. I have now just purchased a DNA test.. more on that when I actually get it.. :) Basically, she.. Miss Holly-Molly and my other little guy Ami-TOLA (Special Friend) also a Westie Mix (Westie-Poo) are my life and joy ... and I just wanted to find some place where I could share experiences.. learn and grow. I have to say that even though I used to design high-tech web sites.. I am finding it a little hard to navigate this site... so please bare with me if I am posting this in the wrong place.

Anyways, if anyone can direct me to a forum link that already exists to discuss and learn more about our Rescues.. I'd appreciate it.

Mine (Miss Holly-Molly) is calling me now!!!

Thanks to anyone who is listening.. :)

Robin

RobinH
August 28th, 2010, 12:15 AM
I'm interested in hearing from anyone who has a Rescue Dog.. What you have learned.. things we have in common.. the joys we must share... how it has made such a huge difference in your life.. :) Absolutely any feedback, thoughts, etc. and I thank you in advance!!!! :)

chico2
August 28th, 2010, 09:30 AM
Robin,just be patient,I believe just about every member here has one or more rescue-animals:cat:

RobinH
August 28th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Robin,just be patient,I believe just about every member here has one or more rescue-animals:cat:
Hi Chico2 :)
Thanks for your reply.

We have one Rescue Pooochie :) Her name is Miss Holly-Molly. She is 3 years old. She's a Westie Mix. We've had her since January and the changes in her during this time are incredible. So glad I found this forum! :)

We also have another Westie Mix (Westie-Poo) Ami-TOLA (Special Friend) who is 1.5 years old.

Holly is SO attached to Tola.. . She has to know where he is... It's like no one is going to take this pooochie away from me!

Anyways, so many things I'd like to share about the Joys of Rescue!! :)

I'll watch the threads and figure out how to navigate around.

Thanks again! :)

Frenchy
August 28th, 2010, 10:59 AM
Welcome to the board Robin ! Congratulations on your rescues :thumbs up

like Chico2 mentioned , most of the members here have rescue dogs & cats. I have 4 dogs , 3 cats , all rescues. And also 3 cat fosters , I used to foster dogs and I'm now fostering cats. :)

Sylvie
August 28th, 2010, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the board. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board. I am truly glad I joined.

I worked with a German Shepherd Rescue and mostly did fostering, that is so rewarding. To help the dog and then see it so happy in its new home.

Right now we have adopted a GSD with a few problems, but we will work with her and she will be great.

Rescues can give you so much pleasure. Thank you for rescuing your Holly Molly. We have a Westie next door, he is a little character. I must admit I could kidnap him, but I am sure they would recognize him :laughing::laughing:

Love4himies
August 28th, 2010, 12:28 PM
Hi Robin, I don't have any rescue dogs, just cats :D. Welcome and would love to see pics of your pups :pray: :D

14+kitties
August 28th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Hi Robin:
No rescue dogs here either. I have two but they weren't rescues. Just loved. But, as L4H said, I also have a few rescued kitties. :D Welcome~

If you want to talk about your dogs, rescued or not, probably the best place for it is either General Forum or On Topic Forum. Generally the regulars end up perusing all the sections in a day anyway so will soon see your posts.

RobinH
August 28th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Awwww.. Thanks so much for all your replies everyone! I'll find a couple of pics and put them up later. I'm away at the lake right now ..using a 'stick' and it does not seem to have a good enough signal to handle media right now.

So nice to meet you all,
Robin

Love4himies
August 28th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Hi Robin:
But, as L4H said, I have a few rescued kitties. :D Welcome~

:laughing::laughing::laughing: Yup just a few rescue kitties :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 28th, 2010, 07:26 PM
No pups here either, just 5 crazy kitties.

Welcome to the board, and thank you for rescuing!

RobinH
August 28th, 2010, 11:25 PM
I LOVE cats too! :) Thanks for the Welcome!! :)