Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

ok here goes

the gang
August 27th, 2010, 11:12 PM
as you know i have the pins!, im at a loss for words!!:cry: i just do not know what to do with dakota68737 he was parillized7 yrs ago now diabect and blind, i do not want to crate him!!! was out tonight for 4 hrs pee all over the place, he is fine, to much water from hubby :evil: i think its time!! god help me, when do i say enough is enough, spechial food, inslin and needles and me to keep him company, he is fine! above that poops pees and enjoys being in the yard! so do i just do what im doinging? or is it time? im tryinging my best, but help!! im tired i just dont know what else to do for him! brenda and the pins

Love4himies
August 28th, 2010, 02:38 PM
Oh Brenda :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:, only you know what is best to do. I know you don't want to crate him while you are out, but it may be best for both of you to do so :shrug: :grouphug:

Luvmypitgirls
August 28th, 2010, 03:27 PM
Oh Brenda :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:, only you know what is best to do. I know you don't want to crate him while you are out, but it may be best for both of you to do so :shrug: :grouphug:

I agree with L4H, crating him may be the best for both of you. You can make it an extra comfy space for him, a place he'll enjoy while you are out.
:grouphug:

chico2
August 28th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Awww Brenda,what a sweet old dog he is,I agree with the others,about crating him when you are out.
Only you can tell if he is living a miserable life,if he's in pain,it looks to me in the pic,as if he is still enjoying life.
But I am not there with him:(

ancientgirl
August 28th, 2010, 07:20 PM
I'm sorry your little guy is having so many issues. I know you would not like to crate him, but from what I've read and seen crating doesn't have to be a bad experience for the dog. It might be a good option for him to spend some time in his crate and not be out and about for long periods of time.

:grouphug:

the gang
August 29th, 2010, 01:45 PM
thank you all for your kind words, i guess a bad night for me, i had a garage sale yesterday to go to for rescue, he was alone for over 3 hrs not in the crate and i made sure not to much water and 2 pea pea breaks, no accidents :fingerscr brenda and the pins68767

BenMax
August 30th, 2010, 09:14 AM
Hi Brenda. I am so sorry that you are going through this. All I can say is the quality of life is far more important than quantity.

As long as he is not suffering and still has that Joie de vivre, then I would also crate him.

I wish you strength.:grouphug: