Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Beau update

Stewart
August 27th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Hi all,Just a quick update as I think its been ages since I last posted on here.Beau the new boy has now been with us for 10 months since we got him from the rescue centre.He is shapeing up real well and is enjoying life with us and Gypsey our female GSD who will be 11yrs old in December.Beau will be 3yrs in Sept.Here is a pic of them together taken a few weeks ago.For those of you who dont know us Beau is the short haired and Gypsey is the long haired.We all live happily in the S.W. of England.

BenMax
August 27th, 2010, 07:08 AM
Absolutely stunning dogs!:lovestruck: Love GSDs. Have one myself.
Glad to see that this rescue dog is doing well. It is wonderful to hear people's experience with a rescued animal as it only shows that all these animals are not unsalvagable which alot of people automatically think.

Thanks for rescueing!:thumbs up

diandpat
August 27th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Absolutely gorgeous!!!! :cloud9: Your Gypsy looks wonderful for 11 yrs old...doesn't even look like she is going gray!!! :thumbs up

Love happy ending stories with rescues :highfive:

chico2
August 27th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Hi again Stewart,glad to see you come and update us ever now and then:dog:
Gypsey looks as beautiful as ever:lovestruck:and Beau seems to be a pefect fit.
Beautiful pic of 2 gorgeous GSD's..you must be so proud of them.
Is Gypsey as healthy as she looks at 11,or are her bones starting to creak,just like mine:dog:

mastifflover
August 27th, 2010, 09:39 AM
Glad Beau is fitting in so well and looking great. What beauties

Dog Dancer
August 27th, 2010, 10:22 AM
What a great update. The two of them look so healthy and content. I can't believe Gypsey is 11 years old - she looks wonderful!

Luvmypitgirls
August 27th, 2010, 10:45 AM
Love the pic, and your dogs are beautiful.:lovestruck:

Stewart
August 27th, 2010, 02:01 PM
Thank you all for the kind words.Beau was rounded up by a dog warden in Southampton which is around a 100 miles away from where we live.They did find his former oweners who had just let him loose and said they did not want him.The dog warden passed him on to the rescue centre and they neutred and chipped him then put him up for rehomeing.We saw a picture of him on a display stand at our vlliage day and it took 5 weeks of visits and home inspections from them on us and the rest is history.He had been with them for 4 months and did not cope well with kennel life there.He got stressed and the wieght fell off him as he is very tall 70cms top of front shoulders and he wieghed 34kgs.We have now got his wieght up to a more healthy looking 38kgs.He is now calm and relaxed and listens.Gypsey is a great role model for him and he follows her behaviour.Chico yes her old bones do creek she is on glucosamine for her aching joints and does well on it and she has no grey hairs yet thankfully.:)

chico2
August 27th, 2010, 03:50 PM
Stewart,don't be a stranger ok;)

hazelrunpack
August 27th, 2010, 08:20 PM
Beau and Gypsey look like such good friends, Stewart! So happy together! :cloud9: Thanks for the update!