Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bald spot On cats ear

Sew-sew-steve
August 26th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Nunu has a bald spot on he back of her ear, is it from ear mites/parasites?

My paychecks been held back 4 days now, and since Friday and sat are weekends, I get it on Sunday, a week from the initial date.

So I couldn't take nunu in for a check up.

In the meantime, should I quarantine her? Or will it not affect me?

Floppy Dog
August 26th, 2010, 03:05 PM
Does Nunu wash a lot behind her ears? I had a cat once with almost no eyebrows because she constantly washed her face and wore the fur down before it could grow in.

Also, is (s)he showing any other signs of a parasite infestation, eg. head shaking, excessive ear wax, smelly ears? How does the skin look, pink and healthy or does it have signs of irritation, puss, scabbing, etc? Have there been any changes in behaviour, eating or litter box habits?

Sew-sew-steve
August 26th, 2010, 04:16 PM
I know she's got some kind if ear infection because I brought one cat for a day and took it back because it was too much to handle with the timespan I had. It used to shake its head and scratch it's ear. And only
After she was here for a day, nunu had the same symptoms.

I'm convinced nunu's got it. She does shake her head, scratch her ear and her neck, but her ear is clean, and I don't personally smell anything bad from it. It looks pink and healthy.

She's been having black stools since I Changed her food (because the store ran
Out of there regular food) but other than shes peeing alot, not
As much stool as urine but she's regular when it comes to habits.

To give you a better idea of her background, I literally picked her up from a corner she was laying down in.