Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Diesel now weighs...

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 12:02 AM
61 lbs!!!!

We have not weighed him in about a month, and decided the other night to see where he was at. And he has passed 60 lbs! :cloud9: He is starting to fill out really nicely... his ribs and hip bones don't jut out quite as much and he is starting to develop some muscle.

At first, my initial reaction was to just stuff food down the throat of this skinny, malnourished dog :laughing: but I reined myself in understanding that we don't want him to get fat or gain too much too quick, and we are feeding him a mixture of 1/2 raw (about 1lb in the A.M.) and Acana 6-Fish in the P.M. His coat is starting to get really shiny and slick! :thumbs up

We figure at the moment he is still so young and so high energy, but once he gets a little older he will fill out quite nicely!

He looks soooo handsome! :lovestruck: He is still fitting in wonderfully with the crew and has not had an accident in the house for close to a month! :thumbs up

Once we are all settled in after we move, SO and I are planning on taking him to obedience classes together. Already we have started working on commands and he knows "Sit" "Down" and "Stay" very, very well (he can even do the "Down" with just a hand signal!

Some recent pics of my big guy!

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 12:04 AM
Having issues trying to re-size some of the pics of him to fit on here, but here's another one...

exkalibur
August 26th, 2010, 09:54 AM
That's a nice pair.... I always loved the boxers but it's a tad too cold up here for them...Lucky girl you are.

onster
August 26th, 2010, 10:02 AM
too adorable! and btw love their collars :)

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 10:41 AM
exkalibur, yes these guys are not built for cold weather! :eek: Brynn was such a baby last winter... worse than the little dogs. I had to get her a coat. It's difficult trying to give this energetic breed the exercise they need in the winter... hopefully by then we have found a big house with lots of room for them to play ball! Fortunately in S. AB we usually get a fairly mild winter that doesn't last too too long.

And thanks onster! I picked out a girlie one for Brynn and Richard just had to pick out a tough-looking, skull one for Diesel. :laughing:

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2010, 11:33 AM
They are both gorgeous!

mastifflover
August 26th, 2010, 12:21 PM
What a pair of cuties I love their beautiful brindle coats

Luvmypitgirls
August 26th, 2010, 12:55 PM
Aweee gotta love those faces! They are both beautiful and Diesel looks like he's doing fantastic.:lovestruck::cloud9:

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 03:15 PM
Thanks everyone! :)

What a pair of cuties I love their beautiful brindle coats

And thank you mastifflover... I just adore the brindle coloring. Could not believe my eyes when I walked in for a volunteer shift at the humane society and see our boy there! He looks so much like our Brynn, it was love at first sight :lovestruck:

(although, he is about twice her size haha! :eek:)

mastifflover
August 26th, 2010, 03:23 PM
Well there is nothing cuter than drooling brindle babies.

chico2
August 26th, 2010, 03:29 PM
Cassiek,they are both gorgeous,I too love the brindle color,they both look in fantastic shape,the way Boxers are supposed to look:lovestruck:
Diesel is a very lucky boy to have found you:dog:

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Thanks, chico2! We feel so lucky and blessed to have such wonderful pups to make us laugh, happy, and entertain us! :crazy:

Well there is nothing cuter than drooling brindle babies.

We lucked out with these 2, fortunately neitheir one of them drools... except Brynn when her supper is being made :rolleyes: she just gets so darn excited for it!

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 04:04 PM
Found some more pics, hopefully these work!

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 04:05 PM
And here's one more...

mastifflover
August 26th, 2010, 04:10 PM
Very lucky coming from one experience drool cleaner.

Love4himies
August 26th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Awwww, cassiek they are both so beautiful :cloud9: :lovestruck: as are your to tiny shih tzus??

hazelrunpack
August 26th, 2010, 07:47 PM
They are a gorgeous couple! :flirt: All your furbabies are! Diesel is looking fantastic! You're doing such a great job with him!

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Awwww, cassiek they are both so beautiful :cloud9: :lovestruck: as are your to tiny shih tzus??

Thanks, L4H! My oldest is a maltese/shihtzu X and my other little guy is bichon/shihtzu X.

And thanks, Hazel! I had the kids in with me at the humane society tonight while I did some work there, and a few of the girls did not even recognize Diesel! Said he looks sooo much better then when he first came in there! :lovestruck:

Oh, what the heck, might as well post some pics of the other kids too...!

Dee-O-Gee
August 26th, 2010, 10:14 PM
I can't get over how much Brynn and Diesel look like twins cassiek! :crazy:

Their coats look so shiny and healthy as well. :lovestruck:

Great fur family pictures cassiek! :thumbs up

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 11:07 PM
I can't get over how much Brynn and Diesel look like twins cassiek! :crazy:

Their coats look so shiny and healthy as well. :lovestruck:

Great fur family pictures cassiek! :thumbs up

Thanx, klm! :cloud9: When I first seen Diesel at the humane society, all I could see was Brynn. To be honest, was not even considering another dog... but it was love at first sight :lovestruck: He actually had an adoption pending initially, but I stopped by the one morning because I just had to show our adoptions coordinator how much Brynn and Diesel looked alike, and the potential adopters called while I was there and backed out! :rolleyes: So it was meant to be!

I blame their coats on the RAW and the fish oil. :D

luckypenny
August 26th, 2010, 11:17 PM
Love the matching fur cuts on Sassy and Furby :lovestruck: :D. All your babies are scrumptious, Cassie :cloud9:.

cassiek
August 26th, 2010, 11:31 PM
Love the matching fur cuts on Sassy and Furby :lovestruck: :D. All your babies are scrumptious, Cassie :cloud9:.

Awww, thanks LP, your too sweet! I have to admit sometimes I think they are so delicious I just want to eat them up :laughing: not that I am biast or anything... :rolleyes:

luckypenny
August 26th, 2010, 11:36 PM
I think they are so delicious I just want to eat them up

You nibble on them too? Glad I'm not the only one :D.

Did I just say that out loud :eek:?

Tundra_Queen
August 27th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Your pups are so cute,,,and the boxers are beautiful!! Do the shih tzus X get stepped on a lot? LOL

mastifflover
August 27th, 2010, 07:46 AM
I'm betting the little ones run the place and the big kids know to watch out. Usually the way it works.

14+kitties
August 27th, 2010, 08:20 AM
Very sweet! But are those flea collars on all of them? :eek:

Luvmypitgirls
August 27th, 2010, 10:50 AM
Did I mention there is a few houses in my neighborhood for sale? Ohhh, prolly not a good idea, cuz I've run out of room to hide to two boxers.;)

cassiek
August 27th, 2010, 02:37 PM
You nibble on them too? Glad I'm not the only one :D.

Did I just say that out loud :eek:?

:laughing: LP, nope your not the only one!

And thank you Tundra_Queen. They actually do not get stepped on so much as steam rolled :laughing: usually when the big ones are let out of their kennel they come running out and usually a little or two gets stuck in the crossfire! :laughing:

And your right mastiffLover the small ones do rule the roost, LOL. Their pecking order is Sassy - Furby - Brynn - Diesel. Haha, smallest to biggest.

Yes 14+ those are flea collars. I had no idea they were so harmful! Off they come!

LMPG you are more than welcome to come steal them anytime, :laughing:!