Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kira

Shaykeija
August 25th, 2010, 05:19 PM
Kira's journey in this life is almost over. She has been failing for a while and has stopped eating. She still wags her tail and lets her Mom know she loves her. She will be taking a trip to the vet this weekend for end of life support. I cry for this angel and I cry for her mom. Can I ask you all to light a candle for Kira to help guide her way?

Kira baby, I will start to light the road for you, so when you crossover, there shall be no darkness for you...
http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz229/emo_witchy_girl/Gothic/1gif-1.gif

the gang
August 25th, 2010, 05:49 PM
oh my so sorry :cry:, brenda and the pins

cpietra16
August 25th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Kira, the bridge will be brightly lit for your journey home. There will be so many waiting for you at the arrival gate...:( I'm so sorry that you must leave all those who love you behind:(
I'm sorry you are going thru this Shaykeija

luckypenny
August 25th, 2010, 06:28 PM
You, Kira's mom, and Kira will be in my thoughts, Shaykeija :grouphug:.

Shaykeija
August 25th, 2010, 06:33 PM
Thank you, but Kira belongs to a member here.

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=66923&highlight=kira

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=67158&highlight=kira

This is part of Kira's story, and how she became my friends little girl...

From Furbaby Rescue Story Board

Matea (nka Kira)
Female/spayed/shots current
App. 7 years old

In October of 06, Matea was picked up as a stray in Prince Rupert, B.C. She was never claimed by her owners. She came completely matted (hence the name, and the nickname Matty) she had an eye infection, and overall not in good shape. The shelter shaved her down, and checked out by the vet, and she was like a brand new dog.
One of the shelter staff, would bring her 5 year old daughter to work often, and she loved Matea, but it did not take them long to realize, Matea is not fond of small children.
The shelter staff realized she will need to go to a home without kids. A lady who wanted a companion was interested in her. Filled out her application, and stating all children were grown, and no visiting children. So Matea went home in January/07...in April she was returned, since she growled at the CONSTANT visiting niece who was 3 years old. The lady, did say, she LIED on the application.

Since Matea had been returned, she was a perfect girl, she has never been aggressive to the shelter staff, volunteers or visitors.

Prince Rupert SPCA, decided that they just were not finding the perfect home for this girl, and she was their favorite, and she had been way too long living shelter life, so they called my rescue, and they flew her here...
In my home, I find Matea a pretty easy going girl, likes carrides, walks, lying on doggie beds, couch and wouldn't mind her person's bed. She gets along very well with all the resident dogs, likes men or women. She is housetrained. She was a DREAM to groom...she will make a great companion with an Adult home...
She is a Lhasa though, and has her "stubborn" moments..

Kira has a great Mom, residing in Abbotsford, B.C. Canada, and if you would like to pop in and read how Kira is doing, please visit her site:
http://lifeofkira.blogspot.com/

Winston
August 25th, 2010, 07:38 PM
Kira and family will be in my prayers! The way is lit and she will see no darkness! thanks to you Shay!

hazelrunpack
August 25th, 2010, 08:18 PM
Leprchn, you and Kira will be in my thoughts and prayers this week. :grouphug:

Thanks for letting us know, Shay. :(

:candle:

Tundra_Queen
August 26th, 2010, 03:03 AM
Poor sweet Kira and Kira's mom. :(

Dog Dancer
August 26th, 2010, 10:17 AM
When it is your time sweet Kira you can go knowing how well you were loved and that the way has been lit for you. Blessings to your mommy for taking such loving care of you.

ScottieDog
August 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
A candle for Kira :candle:

May your crossing be gentle and peaceful. You go to sleep in your mom's arms and awaken in the hands of our merciful Lord.

And :pray: for strength for mom. It really is the final gift. I'm sorry.

Shaykeija
August 29th, 2010, 03:04 PM
There is some hope yet for Kira....just got an unpate from her mom...

We're going to try one more thing before making the final call. Kira is on a different medication - if there is no change or if the Cushings flips to Addison's then that will be the last vet visit for treatment. Neither the vet nor I felt it was truly 'time', at least until I've exhausted all options. But it will be any time now, regardless. We're on borrowed time now.

Sylvie
August 29th, 2010, 03:20 PM
:fingerscr for Kira. :goodvibes: headed her way. :grouphug: for her mom and also you.

chico2
August 29th, 2010, 04:09 PM
:pray:for Kira and her mom:goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 29th, 2010, 06:14 PM
More :grouphug:s and :goodvibes: coming your way, Kira and Leprchn!!!