Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Friendly Rentals

soozalooza
August 24th, 2010, 07:38 PM
I am looking for any suggestions for pet/dog friendly rental accommodation (housing not hotels)across Canada. My lack of a detailed plan may sound a little strange, but I am planning to move from BC and relocate in another province at the beginning of September. Without writing a novel about the series of events leading to this decision, my move is motivated by a past assault and my belief that space and change is nessecary for a positive healthy fresh start. I have no family or friends outside of BC and am open to settling in a number of places. My main criteria for a place to live is somewhere large and populated enough (not necessarily one of the larger cities) I will not have too much difficulty finding employment. My education and work expereince is social work, but am happy to work in any field (fast food, retail, etc...) to start with. I have been putting away a nest egg to keep me going until I find a job. I'm on a budget so the cheaper the better, but can spend up to 900 per month plus applicable damage and/or pet deposits.
I have experienced the challenge of finding a home to rent that allows larger dogs in BC. One dog is a 17 year old medium lab X border collie and the other is a 4 year old large lab X pit bull X ???. Both girls are well behaved, not destructive, quiet, housebroken, and friendly. Unfortunately places advertised as pet friendly often have size restrictions on dogs that my 2 far surpass.
My pets are my family and I would no more consider leaving them than I would a child. Again, I know my openess as to where I will settle in a country as large as Canada may seem strange, but a main factor is a place where I can find a home for both myself and my dogs. Its extremely hard to find a place to rent when searching locally and finding a place while out of province is that much harder.
I would be extremely grateful for any advice, info, suggestions, or tips anyone could share. The smallest bit of help would go a long way

maneater
August 24th, 2010, 07:52 PM
my cousin just went from ontario to bc with her dogs and she camped along the way in a tent at camp grounds. A lot of them have showers and such and most don't have restrictions on dogs. She was on a very strict budget as well. good luck on your journey!