Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lucy Memorial Video

TeriM
August 22nd, 2010, 03:20 PM
I have put together a video with pictures of Lucy. It made me so happy to see all the pics and remember the stories of my little monster. She was such a bratty puppy and I was surprised to see how dignified she was through most of her life. I remember when we got Riley wondering if that decision was fair to her after being an only dog for ten years but seeing some of those pictures made me think that Riley taught her to embrace more of her inner goofiness :D.

I hope you all will enjoy sharing my memories of my "favourite yellow dog" Lucy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6GarRjH4ms

diandpat
August 22nd, 2010, 03:36 PM
:cry::cry::cry: totally bawling here!!! What a beautiful tribute and I love that song too.

Lucy reminds me so much of my golden girl Ginger with that beautiful soft white face. :cloud9:

What a lucky lucky girl she was...got to walk in places most humans never even get to. :thumbs up

I can't imagine how much you miss her :grouphug:

Winston
August 22nd, 2010, 03:39 PM
Awe Teri I cried through the whole beautiful thing! It is such an awesome tribute to Lucy! You can watch the video and know the love of life she had and that she was loved so much by you and your DH!

I hope Bomber is chasing Lucy around and getting to know her and the others at the bridge!! :thumbs up

Lucy had such a beautiful face! :candle:

Can you tell me where to get that song it was beautiful!

krdahmer
August 22nd, 2010, 03:46 PM
That was beautiful...and the song is perfect....:cry: Looks to me that Lucy was a lady after my own heart....at home on the beach! :lovestruck:

TeriM
August 22nd, 2010, 03:55 PM
The music is "My Old Friend" by Johnnie Reid who is a Canadian singer born is Scotland. I love his music and this song is one he wrote for the death of his own dog. He sings beautifully but when he talks he has a crazy scottish accent.

TeriM
August 22nd, 2010, 04:05 PM
Diandpat - I feel the same way when I see pics of your girl Ginger :lovestruck:.

Winston - that comment about Bomber meeting Lucy at the bridge made me smile as I imagined all the pets.ca alumni animals hanging out together and gossiping about their owners :laughing:.

Krdhamer - Lucy's favourite place in the world was the beach. When I am ready :cry: we will go to tofino with a friend who had Lucy's best buddy (the beagle with Lucy in one of the puppy pics) and the plan is to release the ashes of the two friends together. All of us love that beach.

Love4himies
August 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
:cry::cry: What a terrific video, Teri, the tears are flowing. Seeing Lucy with Riley, I think Lucy did love having him with her. :lovestruck:
:grouphug:

Frenchy
August 22nd, 2010, 08:09 PM
:cry::cry::cry: totally bawling here!!!

no kidding hey ? I was smiling and crying at the same time :o

Lucy reminds me so much of my golden girl Ginger with that beautiful soft white face. :cloud9:

And Lucy always reminded me of my Daisy. :o

wow Teri , beautiful tribute , love the song and of course , all the pictures of Lucy being such a happy pooch , what a good life she had with you ! :cloud9:

JennieV
August 22nd, 2010, 08:44 PM
beautiful tribute TeriM.. :cry:
Job well done!

14+kitties
August 22nd, 2010, 09:12 PM
Beautiful! What a marvelous memorial to a wonderful girl! :cloud9::cry:

Dee-O-Gee
August 22nd, 2010, 09:13 PM
Other than one picture of Lucy facing you and I do believe your husband, every picture contained one big happy smile on Lucy. :cloud9:

What a wonderful tribute TeriM and love the song as well. :lovestruck:

Shaykeija
August 22nd, 2010, 09:52 PM
Just wonderful..She was loved very much and it shows in the pictures.

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2010, 10:25 PM
Such a sweet tribute, TeriM! :grouphug: Lots of good memories there.

rainbow
August 23rd, 2010, 02:50 PM
Well, I'm sitting her with a smile on my face and tears rolling down my cheeks. :cloud9: :cry:

That is an awesome video and such a beautiful tribute to sweet Lucy with so many wonderful memories for you and hubby. :cloud9: :grouphug:

I love Johnny Reid too and that was the perfect song choice. :lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 23rd, 2010, 11:32 PM
Smiling Lucy...that's how I'm going to remember her, Teri. I'm so glad she was your puppy-girl :grouphug:. Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful tribute with us.

TeriM
August 24th, 2010, 02:58 AM
Thanks everyone :grouphug:.

Sylvie
August 24th, 2010, 10:23 AM
Totally awsome tribute. :cry:

Loved your comment about them all meeting and gossiping about us. What a lovely thought. :D

chico2
August 24th, 2010, 10:47 AM
What a wonderful,beautiful tribute to your girl Lucy,although I had a hard time seeing through the tears,I can see Lucy had a wonderful life.

I've heard that beautiful song before somewhere and it reminds me of all the furry friends I've lost:(

Luvmypitgirls
August 24th, 2010, 03:32 PM
TeriM, what a beautiful tribute to Lucy, like others I can't hold back the tears :cry:.
What touched me most, was Lucy's face, the peace and happiness of her smile and the joyful satisfaction in her eyes. It is very apparent, that Lucy had a wonderful fullfilling life of love, adoration and respect.
Dog Bless......:grouphug:

marko
August 26th, 2010, 11:00 AM
I'm a softie too...that was just beautiful TeriM, wonderful tribute.

BenMax
August 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
TeriM - I have been wanting to open this thread and watch but I did not have the courage as I have been feeling alittle 'weak' lately. Today, I decided I can... and I did... and I cried anyways.

What a BEAUTIFUL tribute. What a wonderful and loving home and life you provided. She was a very lucky girl to have such an active life with the people that love her so unconditionally.

WOW - I am truly touched. Truly.:grouphug:

ancientgirl
August 26th, 2010, 12:31 PM
What an absolutely wonderful tribute. I can see how much she was loved and adored. :grouphug:

Toonces
August 26th, 2010, 03:36 PM
That was just beautiful, she was a very lucky girl and you lucky to have had her in your life, she lived the life all dogs should. Thanks so much for sharing.

growler~GateKeeper
September 2nd, 2010, 12:58 AM
:grouphug:

TeriM
September 2nd, 2010, 02:28 AM
Thanks all for your wonderful thoughts. We are slowly adapting to life without our yellow girl but Riley has taken on a few behaviours that have convinced me that at times he is chanelling Lucy :laughing:. He has never been a bum but I was having a hamburger the other night and he came over and was staring at me just like she would have :D.

Rgeurts
September 2nd, 2010, 02:34 AM
What a beautiful tribute!! And a beautiful girl :lovestruck::cloud9:
I think it's wonderful that she had such a long and happy life, and what wonderful memories :)

oldbraincells
September 2nd, 2010, 06:19 PM
Oh my ... lovely memorial