Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Porcupine acts like dog

Tundra_Queen
August 22nd, 2010, 03:51 AM
Hi
I don't know if it's ok to post this here or not. I was going to post it in the newspaper section,,,but it's not really "a news story" so I thought I'd try posting it here.

Click on this link to see the porcupine that is cute...it thinks it's a puppy LOL

http://www.wimp.com/porcupinepuppy

Debbie

JennieV
August 22nd, 2010, 04:08 PM
that is so adorable!!!! :laughing:

Love4himies
August 22nd, 2010, 04:55 PM
:laughing::laughing::laughing:, what a cute video. I believe all animals love to be loved and petted if they feel comfortable with the humans.

Longblades
August 23rd, 2010, 07:47 AM
Oh my. I was expecting a baby but that's an adult. I wonder how long they've had him? So cute. I've never seen one move that quickly.

A baby porky we surprised while cross country skiing one day took refuge on the only flat, packed down place he could find in the deep snow, the tip of my ski. He was about the size of, oh, maybe a small Chihuahua. I just wanted to pick him up and cuddle him.

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2010, 08:10 AM
lb...that must have been quite the experience!

hazelrunpack
August 24th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Wow, a skiing porcupine, Longblades? I guess extreme sports is for everyone :laughing: Must have been cute, though! :cloud9:

That is a sweet video, TQ! I did notice all the dangerous quills have been plucked. :D I wonder why the porky was there? Do you know where that was? A rehab place, maybe?

Floppy Dog
August 25th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I did notice all the dangerous quills have been plucked.

OK, that answers my question. Now I know why it has a quill-less bum! I'm going to e-mail this to Beena, she's 12 and into all things animal cute!

G-Man says he had a hedgehog as a pet when he was a boy in New Zealand; he also says they are very greedy. Are porcupines greedy too?