Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Another Kitten left for dead.

jenjen
September 11th, 2004, 01:46 PM
As most of you probably know by know, I'm a cat freak. I started with one and very shorlty after that had increased my litter to 9. I am now down to 4 as I have found homes for the other 5. Well the other night I walked to 7-11 to get myself some milk and bread and the girl that works there (knowing I'm a cat freak) asked me if I could take one more. She had told me that some people that lived across the street from the 7-11 had found this tiny kitten underneath a pile of wood. They guessed her age at about 6 weeks. I said that I would take this little girl and if anything I would find her a good home. The girl ran across the street and brought back this tiny little grey and white kitten with the most beautiful blue eyes. Only thing was she was nowhere near 6 weeks. Her eyes had not been open very long and she had no idea how to eat on her own, and her ears and nose were covered in dirt. I took her back to my house as she shook the entire way. I cried feeling so sorry for this little cat and knowing that the only thing I could to do help her would be to take her to the SPCA. She needed medical attention and my funds for the month were already tapped. I hated the thought of takeing her to the spca knowing that if she didnt get adopted they would have to put her down. We did take her, and the vet on call said she was very underweight and very dehydrated. They assured me they would take good care of her and do there best to find her a good home. My mom assured me someone would adopt her. Who could resist those big blue eyes. I cried some more and then told the lady as I left if they didn't find her a home then to call me and I would come back and get her.
I hate situations like this. My little heart can't take it. I want to save to them all, only wish I had the funds to do it.
I hope this little girl finds a good home and if not then maybe she can come back here and join my family of four. Only time will tell!

heeler's rock!
September 11th, 2004, 02:15 PM
Awww...jenjen, that is soooo sad!! :(
Poor kitten! Either way though, she has a home. If not with someone else, then with you! You did a good thing and your heart is pure gold.... :o

Lucky Rescue
September 11th, 2004, 03:33 PM
I know how you feel. I want to take them all too, but can't.:( At least this baby has a chance, thanks to you. Many MANY others never get that chance.

There are just more cats and kittens than there are homes for because people refuse to be responsible so they cause this suffering.

krdahmer
September 14th, 2004, 01:47 AM
I hate situations like this. My little heart can't take it. I want to save to them all, only wish I had the funds to do it.
I hope this little girl finds a good home and if not then maybe she can come back here and join my family of four. Only time will tell!

Little heart if yours?? I beg to differ....and God Bless ya for doing what you can! I'll add the little sweetheart to my prayers! :)

Cactus Flower
September 14th, 2004, 02:19 AM
Don't you dare get down on yourself! Think of how many people wouldn't have done half of what you did for that little soul! The clerk at the 7-11 hadn't rushed the kitty down to the SPCA, had she? And what about the people that found this poor creature in the first place? Did they take it home, crying their eyes out and trying to do what's best for her? No. Who did? YOU! Here's a HUGE hug and sincere kudos for caring enough to help!

iRONKNiGHT
September 14th, 2004, 03:13 AM
JenJen Bless your Precious Soul... you did good kid...
hug's from Trixy and i :)

chico2
September 14th, 2004, 08:03 AM
Yes,JenJen,you have a HUGE heart and we love you for what you are doing,the world would be a wonderful place if everyone were as compassionate and caring as you....

Sneaky2006
September 14th, 2004, 10:02 AM
I agree, you have a huge heart!! That little baby has a chance because of YOU!!! And no one else!

jenjen
September 15th, 2004, 04:01 PM
AWWW you guys are gonna make me cry. I know I did a good thing. Its just hard knowing the kind of life my animals have, and knowing that there are some that don't get the love they deserve. I just feel selfish sometimes because I would do anything for my animals, they are #1 in my books, and I see cats and dogs that just look so unhappy. I wish everyone in the world looked at these creatures the way all of you do. I love this website. It does give you hope when it seems like the whole world is crap.

YOU GUYS ARE GREAT

tyr
September 15th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Awwww! You are the sweetest person ever!!!! Are you going to check up on her and see how she is doing? Or would that be to much torture? I am the same way, I want to save them all! I am a self professed cat freak as well. I am made fun of at work, daily, because of my obsession with them. What you did for that little sweetheart is so...I am at a loss for words...a heart of gold is an understatement. I hear about these sweet little babies and the horrible things that they go through and every night on my walk home I cannot help but keep a look out for things like that. It is so sad that it is such a frequent occurance that it should even cross someones mind to look for things animals abandoned and left for dead - it is a sad reality.

You are a beautiful person JenJen!

jenjen
September 18th, 2004, 10:05 AM
I did phone the SPCA to see how the little girl was doing, but they couldn't find anything attached to my name. She said I was in the system, but when I dropped the little kitten off, the lady never attached her to my file. So now I'm pissed cause I have no idea how she is doing. The lady did tell me though that being the age that she was, she was sure that they would have placed her with a foster home until she got a little bigger. I'll keep phoning to see if anything turns up. I just want to make sure the little squirt is ok.
I'll keep you all posted

tyr
September 20th, 2004, 02:59 PM
That would upset me very much as well. You should keep calling to see if they eventually find something out on her for you. It may be annoying having to dish out the same information (colour, size, date, etc..) but it may payoff in the end with a great peace of mind.

Please keep me updated - I would love to hear about the little darling if you get any info.

jenjen
September 24th, 2004, 04:36 PM
i did call again, but still no luck finding anything out. The girl that had her before me wanted to go back and adopt her but we can't find anything.....i'll keep looking

chico2
September 24th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Jenjen,I know at HS if you drop off a stray,they always take your name and phone,did your shelter not do that?
Also to make sure she's ok,go and request to look for her yourself..
I don't know what kind of shelter you are talking about,but if the kitten was very young they might have had her put down :(
I would raise hell if they did not let me find out what happened to the kitten,you found her and rescued her,you have a right to know.

Mysts38
September 24th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Hi Jen

Its people like you,that care for animals so much and give them all the love they so need,that make the world a much better place...seems that you have a calling from God to help these creatures,and its a gift...As I know how much it must hurt you to take on this job..its your love for these animals that shines through

Never ever stop caring Jenjen...

glasslass
September 24th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Has there been any word about her? If only all people cared so much! :o

foobeca
September 26th, 2004, 06:49 AM
It really breaks my heart that people look at cats and kittens like they would a piece of furniture.

I took in a semi-feral pregnant cat 3 months ago. She is now the most wonderful and affectionate cat and had three beautiful kittens. It's pretty much impossible for me to find her a home because she is deathly afraid of any other humans except for me.

jenjen
September 26th, 2004, 04:37 PM
I took her to the SPCA here in calgary. The lady did take my name and phone number and I even told her that if they didnt find her a home that they could call me and I would go back and get her. If I would have had the money to take her to the vet myself, I never would have dropped her off. I have called twice now and still they can't find anything. The only thing that comes up with my name, is the adoption of my first cat over a year ago. The lady at the spca did tell me that her being so young they would have placed her with a foster home until she was big enough to adopt out. She was 3 or 4 weeks when I dropped her off, so I think I will just go up and look for myself. I hate going there, but I really want to know if she is ok. Thanks for caring everybody. I'll let you know if I find anything!