Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toronto Adventures, Part 3

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Last but not least, my visit with Chris. She's everything I imagined her to be and more :D. As soon I as I exited my car, it felt as I was stepping into another plain where the outside world simply ceased to exist. Everything is in the here and now, so very "present." Entering her home is akin to entering a museum where every single thing lives and breathes a story. Visiting Chris is not simply an event, it's an experience. I can't think of better descriptive words. Chris, thank you so much for absolutely everything. With your extremely calm and warm demeanor, you're an astounding presence :2huggers:.

"Let me in or I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll blow your house down." :D

Beautiful and elegant Iggy :flirt:.

Little, wee Jack :crazy:. Omd, I love this little pea-fart :cloud9: . These were taken on our walk to the river nearby their home.

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Silly Jack :laughing:. I had opened the door to my car and he bounced right in..perhaps wanting a Montreal adventure :D? I should have driven off with you while I had the chance, you little munchkin :goodvibes: :lovestruck:.

Iggy cooling off in the river where it certainly is a dog's life :cloud9:.

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Skippy and Rebel are my first up-close and personal experience with Basset Hounds. Never did I imagine dogs to be so welcoming and cuddly with a stranger. They made me feel right at home...head butts, slobber, and all :cloud9:.

Skippy :lovestruck:.

Rebel (another momma's boy) :cloud9:.

breeze
August 18th, 2010, 01:06 PM
beautiful Iggy :lovestruck: :cloud9:

such a smilie Jack :lovestruck: :cloud9:

and

Skippy and Rebel those ears..:lovestruck::cloud9:

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Dearest Herbie :cloud9:. I wish I could have gotten a better shot and only remembered the dark, indoor camera setting when I was uploading the pics :rolleyes:.

Kale, my sleepy-time companion :cloud9:. He was such a friendly, gracious host.

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Now this....this was hilarious :laughing:!! I never would have thought there was such a thing as reversed prey drive :laugh:. Here's Studley the rooster putting the run on Junior :laughing:. It was totally incredible watching these two play...well, not sure if Studley was amused but Junior sure seemed to be having a swell time :D.

And for the grand finale, a spectacular performance put on by the boys (even Jack attempted to join in :D). Bravo boys :clap: .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkElupfDjI

Once again Chris, thank you for everything :2huggers:.

chico2
August 18th, 2010, 01:34 PM
WOW L-P,I don't think I've ever seen Chris's animals or her beautiful place,a rooster:confused:does that mean there are chickens too?Well,Of course:loser:
Looked at all your pics,beautiful!!!
Did Sandman enjoy all the animals he got to meet??

diandpat
August 18th, 2010, 01:41 PM
Great great pics LP...all three threads. So many beautiful furkids on this forum :cloud9:

That video is hysterical :laughing::laughing::laughing: so sweet!

Glad you and Sandman had such a great trip! (do you really think we have road rules in Quebec???? :p )

Frenchy
August 18th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Now this....this was hilarious :laughing:!! I never would have thought there was such a thing as reversed prey drive :laugh:.

:laughing: omg most amazing chase picture ever !! :laughing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUkElupfDjI

:laughing: love the video ! Got my dogs all :crazy: too cool to hear them howl that way !!! The Bassets have competition with Iggy ! :p

Jack in the car :headslap: :laughing: he looks like a cartoon caracter , he must be so entertaining :p

I wish you taken more pics of Chris's house :( her floors makes me drool :cloud9:

Sylvie
August 18th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Great pictures LP, I am truly sorry that I did not get to meet you.

chico2
August 18th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Diandpat,Although I agree Toronto driving can be tricky,the worst ever driving was in Montreal,our hotel was on St Deny,neat little place,but we decided to leave the car in the hotel-lot and walk in Montreal,that's how bad we thought the driving was:laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 18th, 2010, 06:29 PM
Loved all three threads, LP! :thumbs up Looks like it was a great trip! Lots of furry fotografic fodder :p And the video got the Pack to singin' along! :laughing:

For a minute after opening your first thread I thought you were only going to have one picture--glad it was just your TO road pics that got fried :o

14+kitties
August 18th, 2010, 10:00 PM
Chris' house is absolutely amazing! I love going and looking at all the art work of her hubbys and all the wonderful details. :cloud9: It's one of my favourite houses. And Chris - one of my favourite house owners. :p
Love all the pics! Brings back memories of our visits last year. :cloud9:

TeriM
August 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Wow, what a lovely set of happy dog pics :cloud9:.

Chris21711
August 19th, 2010, 12:25 PM
You're mushy LP, gonna ruin my image :o.

It was great having you here, I could get mushy too, you are definitely someone that I could get real mushy about :grouphug:

I need more visitors that way the crew get their photo taken, a department I seem to be lacking in :o

btw, it's a big pond not a river :o

JennieV
August 19th, 2010, 01:05 PM
i need more visitors that way the crew get their photo taken, a department i seem to be lacking in :o

i volunteer!!!!! :D

JennieV
August 19th, 2010, 01:07 PM
great pics LP! seems like you had a great great time!!!

Dee-O-Gee
August 19th, 2010, 08:43 PM

It was great having you here, I could get mushy too, you are definitely someone that I could get real mushy about :grouphug:

I need more visitors that way the crew get their photo taken, a department I seem to be lacking in :o

:laughing: :laughing: You're too funny Chris. Love reading your posts! :thumbs up Can we have a picture of your banister please? :whistle:

Great threads LP! It was nice to see them broken into 3 parts and wasn't expecting more pictures after the 1st thread. :o

rainbow
August 20th, 2010, 11:05 AM
Great pics but you should have accidently slipped one in of the old girl. :yell:

I love the one of Iggy looking in the window :cloud9: and Jack sitting in the car is too cute. :lovestruck:

I also love seeing pics of Skippy & Rebel :cloud9: and of course Herbie & Kale :lovestruck: that we never get to see. :frustrated:

The video was hilarious :D ......too bad you didn't get one of Studley chasing Junior cuz that looked like a hoot. :laughing:

Chris21711
August 20th, 2010, 11:17 AM
:laughing: :laughing: You're too funny Chris. Love reading your posts! :thumbs up Can we have a picture of your banister please? :whistle:

We don't have a bannister KLM, just a Newel Post here and there. Pepe installed them to help my Mum when she was living here to go up and down stairs....On the staircase all we have are crummy wood handrails going up either side.

luckypenny
August 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Chico, the rooster and Junior belong to Chris' neighbors. Junior is such a good boy too...first GSD I've met that leans :cloud9:.

He sure did and particularly 14+'s Sammy :lovestruck:.

(do you really think we have road rules in Quebec???? :p )

Of course :D...right lane for the slowpokes, center for the speed limit, and left lane for emergency vehicles and maniacs.

Great pictures LP, I am truly sorry that I did not get to meet you.

I'm sorry too, Sylvie, but next time for sure :goodvibes:.

Diandpat,Although I agree Toronto driving can be tricky,the worst ever driving was in Montreal,our hotel was on St Deny,neat little place,but we decided to leave the car in the hotel-lot and walk in Montreal,that's how bad we thought the driving was:laughing:

Chico, I think there are now signs up in hotels/motels all over downtown Mtl...."Streets reserved for Taxis and cyclists only" :D.

luckypenny
August 20th, 2010, 09:10 PM

So I shouldn't tell everyone that you're a great cook, you make the best cafe au lait, are a great conversationalist/avid listener, are super witty, are a loving mom/wife/friend, etc, etc :shrug:?

:p

Sorry, when I think pond, I think of those plastic tubs dug into the ground in a regular yard :laughing:.

Dee-O-Gee
August 21st, 2010, 09:25 AM
We don't have a bannister KLM, just a Newel Post here and there.

Alrighty then, no banister at Chris'. The Newel Posts look lovely just as well. Let me re-phrase myself;

:laughing::laughing: You're too funny Chris. Love reading your posts! :thumbs up Can we have a picture of a banister please? :whistle:

:D:D

Tundra_Queen
August 24th, 2010, 04:15 AM
WOW L-P,I don't think I've ever seen Chris's animals or her beautiful place,a rooster:confused:does that mean there are chickens too?Well,Of course:loser:
Looked at all your pics,beautiful!!!

chico...I was thinking the same thing! I don't think I've ever seen Chris' pets either!

Great pics LP!

Chris21711
September 19th, 2010, 12:01 PM
I remembered that LP had posted a video of the guys singing....now with my turbo-stick I can watch videos :highfive::D