Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! Lost/stolen Husky! Oro Medonte Ontario

Beckia
August 18th, 2010, 01:37 PM
We lost our purebred Siberian Husky on the weekend. He was gone from his tie-out on sunday morning, August 15, from our home on Line 4 North of Oro-Medonte county. He is a bit of an escape artist, however we had just gotten him a new strong chain and it was not broken this time. This makes us believe he may have been stolen. He is a gorgeous dog, dark coat on top and pure white on the bottom, with ice blue eyes. He answers to the name Damian, and responds to the commands sit, come, shake paw, and speak. He is our baby, and we are totally heartbroken that he is gone. If anyone has any info, please reply, we miss him so much and are looking everywhere for him. If you have seen him anywhere, even if you hit him with your car please let us know, it's better than waiting and wondering. ANY info whatsoever would be incredibly appreciated. Thank you

hazelrunpack
August 18th, 2010, 07:20 PM
If you have pictures to post, it might help, Beckia. Did you hang posters in your area and contact all the shelters and vets?

I hope you're reunited soon! :goodvibes:

shirley1011
August 18th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Beckia...I know all too well what you are going thru...our dog was lost in the Oro-Medonte area almost four years ago. You can drive for hours and see nothing but rocks & trees....and the trail that runs from Barrie to Orillia is another story!...Put posters up at the trail entrances...lots of people walk their dogs along there and will keep their eyes open for you.
Do make sure you go to the vets in the rural areas there and leave off a poster of your missing dog...they are very helpful.
The SPCA in both Barrie & Orillia are very helpful but go and make sure they have the info on your dog.
Also there is a store I believe at the fifth and Ridge Road that were very helpful as well. There is a pizza place there and they were putting out food and attracting dogs back then.
You will find most people in your area so helpful and sincere...I will never forget their kindness.
Good Luck.

shirley1011
August 18th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Also don't underestimate the area your dog can travel...they can go miles in a very short time...and with so much wildlife to chase.........

Beckia
August 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
If you have pictures to post, it might help, Beckia. Did you hang posters in your area and contact all the shelters and vets?

I hope you're reunited soon! :goodvibes:

The only pictures I have of him as an adult are on my phone which is no longer functional:( I only have puppy pictures on my camera...

Beckia
August 19th, 2010, 01:54 PM
Beckia...I know all too well what you are going thru...our dog was lost in the Oro-Medonte area almost four years ago. You can drive for hours and see nothing but rocks & trees....and the trail that runs from Barrie to Orillia is another story!...Put posters up at the trail entrances...lots of people walk their dogs along there and will keep their eyes open for you.
Do make sure you go to the vets in the rural areas there and leave off a poster of your missing dog...they are very helpful.
The SPCA in both Barrie & Orillia are very helpful but go and make sure they have the info on your dog.
Also there is a store I believe at the fifth and Ridge Road that were very helpful as well. There is a pizza place there and they were putting out food and attracting dogs back then.
You will find most people in your area so helpful and sincere...I will never forget their kindness.
Good Luck.

I know which store you are talking about, I am planning to put a poster there as soon as I have the time off work to make some, and I'll definitely be putting some out at the vets/grocery stores/ public places in Barrie...

Beckia
August 19th, 2010, 01:56 PM
By the way Shirley did you ever find your dog?

shirley1011
August 19th, 2010, 01:59 PM
No Beckia, we never did find Sable. I really think someone has him.....but we will never know and that is the hardest.

Beckia
August 22nd, 2010, 12:02 AM
No Beckia, we never did find Sable. I really think someone has him.....but we will never know and that is the hardest.

I know Shirley, we are really hoping that if he was stolen, whoever stole him is at least giving him a good home. But he could be injured or dead somewhere, or starving and lonely and it drives me crazy to think about it:cry:

chesnutred
January 5th, 2011, 05:20 PM
Did you ever find your husky?
One was found and ended up at the pound in the Laurentians in Quebec. It's possible if your dog was stolen. Can you give me details on your dog or a picture? I might just have your dog.
Kim
chesnutred@yahoo.ca

the gang
January 5th, 2011, 11:15 PM
welcome to the board :thumbs up brenda and the pins