Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Toronto Adventures, Part 1

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Sorry folks, for all yous waiting on pics, none of them turned out :shrug:. I think leaving my camera on the sunny dashboard ruined my memory card. All I managed to save was this one.

I have an idea for new drivers attending schools all over the country. I believe everyone should automatically get their licenses if they can drive through Toronto...without getting rear ended for sudden braking in the left lane, being able to pull into the right lane while cars are passing there at 130+km, being able to see the exit numbers that are posted after the exits :rolleyes:, and being super patient during rush hour traffic to name but a few skills :D. And holy! Sandman and I counted 16 lanes on some highways :eek:! Needless to say, our Toronto road trip was akin to the excitement of a roller coaster ride at an amusement park :D.

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 11:26 AM
:p

Other than practicing my driving skills, I did have the most wonderful time :goodvibes:.

First stop was at Aslan's for lunch where I got to meet Grace and their daughter, Shirley, Quincy, and Bailey (Aslan told me I had just missed you SIL :(...thank you sooo much for the mattress :grouphug:).

I'm terribly embarrassed Aslan, I thought I had taken pics of Bailey's muddy face but I didn't :o :(. Did you manage to get some so you can post it here too?

Smilin' Aslan

Grace and daughter giving Quincy a brushing. I didn't get the feeling he was enjoying it much :shrug:. :D.

Squishy face :cloud9:

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 11:28 AM
Their yard was full of birds and curiously enough, Quincy and Bailey paid very little mind to them :angel: x 2.

breeze
August 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
aslan is always smiling.......:) she is just a happy person!!

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
Aslan, thank you so much for having us over :grouphug:. It was great finally meeting Grace (she's as cute and cuddly as I had imagined :D) and the boys :lovestruck:. Shirley, it was a pleasure meeting and getting to know you :).

Saturday morning began with a walk shared with Cindy, Winston, my aunt, and Dudley. Winston is nothing short of a true gentleman :flirt: and Dudley, the :crazy:iest Lab I've ever met :D. I couldn't get over Dudley bouncing into Cindy's car as soon as she opened the door :laughing:.

Dudley

Winston

aslan
August 18th, 2010, 11:37 AM
this is an older pic LP,,,like i said no idea what pics i took as the camera is packed...just so peeps get the idea of what you're talking about tho. lol,,notice he has his rock.

ancientgirl
August 18th, 2010, 11:42 AM
I love all of them, but that squishy face of Quincy is adorable.

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 11:48 AM
After our outing, Cindy and I grabbed coffees and returned to my mother's house where we had a chance to chat and catch up. We let Winston inside to wake Sandman up...SM opened his eyes and declared, "holy *bleep*" when he noticed Winston's ginormous size :D.

Winston at the gate when his mommy went to get something from the car.

"She's back, she's back." He's such a momma's boy :cloud9:.

Inspecting the shade garden.

Cindy, I'm so glad that we had a chance to meet again and that I finally got to see Winston. Your company is always a pleasure :2huggers:.

Love4himies
August 18th, 2010, 11:56 AM
I have an idea for new drivers attending schools all over the country. I believe everyone should automatically get their licenses if they can drive through Toronto...without getting rear ended for sudden braking in the left lane, being able to pull into the right lane while cars are passing there at 130+km, being able to see the exit numbers that are posted after the exits :rolleyes:, and being super patient during rush hour traffic to name but a few skills :D. And holy! Sandman and I counted 16 lanes on some highways :eek:! Needless to say, our Toronto road trip was akin to the excitement of a roller coaster ride at an amusement park :D.

Excuse me, young lady, what city do you live in???? and you are thinking TO is bad :laughing: In TO, the 16 lanes are straight in a row, in Montreal they are above, below, and going around in circles :crazy: :laughing:.

:rip: Memory Card :candle:

Love4himies
August 18th, 2010, 12:00 PM
I can't tell Winston and Dudley apart :confused: :laughing: Is that your Aunt's dog?

Holy smokes whose yard is Winston checking out? Beautiful :lovestruck:

JennieV
August 18th, 2010, 12:07 PM
great pics LP! hi aslan!!! missed that smile! :D

JennieV
August 18th, 2010, 12:07 PM

Totally :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

luckypenny
August 18th, 2010, 12:29 PM
Excuse me, young lady, what city do you live in????

Yes, but we've got road rules :cool:.

:D

I can't tell Winston and Dudley apart :confused: :laughing: Is that your Aunt's dog?

Dudley is my aunt's dog. He's the one Cindy had posted a pic of here on the forum when he was looking for a new forever home. And he's the one in the first photo...he's smaller than Winston and there was no way I could get a shot of him being still :laughing:.

My mother and step-father's. I swear they have tiny gnomes and fairies that pop out of their hiding places in the middle of the night to take care of the gardens :D. I was afraid to walk on the lawn out of fear that the blades of grass wouldn't be of uniform length if I did :laughing:.

aslan
August 18th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Aslan, thank you so much for having us over :grouphug:. It was great finally meeting Grace (she's as cute and cuddly as I had imagined :D) and the boys :lovestruck:.

Lp you are more than welcome here anytime you want to come visit..Next time you gotta eat more tho..

breeze
August 18th, 2010, 12:44 PM
Lp .Next time you gotta eat more tho..

:laughing:
the Garlic Shrimp you make is filling you know :D

breeze
August 18th, 2010, 12:44 PM
great pictures LP

:lovestruck::cloud9::thumbs up

aslan
August 18th, 2010, 12:47 PM
:laughing:
the Garlic Shrimp you make is filling you know :D

lol,,you don't even want to know how much food i made,,wasn't sure who liked what soooooo, got a little excited in the kitchen.:(

breeze
August 18th, 2010, 12:50 PM
lol,,you don't even want to know how much food i made,,wasn't sure who liked what soooooo, got a little excited in the kitchen.:(

leftovers, so your life would be easier :thumbs up
(don't have to cook for a while)

Frenchy
August 18th, 2010, 01:58 PM
And holy! Sandman and I counted 16 lanes on some highways :eek:!

16 lanes and still traffic ? :eek:

Squishy face :cloud9:

omg you can't get more squishy than that ! :lovestruck:

"She's back, she's back." He's such a momma's boy :cloud9:.

I love that one , he's so cute ! :lovestruck:

14+kitties
August 18th, 2010, 10:12 PM
I know that road scene all too well! Recognize those building too I think. :rolleyes:
What a great trip you had LP! Look at all the people you got to visit and meet! I bet you are exhausted now. :rolleyes: I'm exhausted thinking about it all.
I wish I didn't have to work on the Friday so I could have made it to aslans to help eat all the food. Oh well, some other time.
Great pics!!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

TeriM
August 19th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Friends and gorgeous furries ..... sounds like the perfect trip :cloud9:.

aslan
August 19th, 2010, 08:17 AM
I know that road scene all too well! Recognize those building too I think. :rolleyes:
What a great trip you had LP! Look at all the people you got to visit and meet! I bet you are exhausted now. :rolleyes: I'm exhausted thinking about it all.
I wish I didn't have to work on the Friday so I could have made it to aslans to help eat all the food. Oh well, some other time.
Great pics!!!! :cloud9::cloud9:

You along with the others are welcome to come raid the fridge anytime G. I loved having LP here and the boys were soooooo well behaved.:lovestruck: well minus bailey beating up his rock.

rainbow
August 19th, 2010, 01:41 PM
I hope Sandman took that first pic and you had both hands on the wheel, LP. :D

I love the squishy face on Q-Man. :cloud9:

And, the pic of Dudley running towards you .....typical goofy lab. :lovestruck:

And, I really love the look on Winston's face in the "she's back" pic ......you can sure see the love there. :cloud9:

Dee-O-Gee
August 19th, 2010, 08:28 PM
Great pictures LP. Looks like the weather in TO was good to you and the company was even better! :thumbs up

Off to check out part 2 and 3! :D

Tundra_Queen
August 20th, 2010, 06:04 AM
lp...only 16 lanes? Gee I thought there would be more than that by now. When I lived and drove in Toronto 30 years ago there was 16 lanes back then. And I also was in the back of a taxi cab in Montreal and I think for sure I'd take the 16 lanes over a taxi ride. LOL

Great pics by the way!!