Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Kitten grooming question.

Giovanni
August 17th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Hey everyone,

I have a problem with Zeus and Gambit, well it's not really a problem, just an issue I guess.

Zeus doesn't clean himself after he goes to the litter, and neither does Gambit, Gambit does groom himself a lot more than Zeus though.
So I was wondering if this was normal, Zeus not cleaning himself after he goes to the litter?

I have seen him clean him self a couple of times, but never right after he goes to the litter.
Is this because he's a kitten, and I'm supposed to clean him until he gets a bit older or..?

Cause I thought cats were supposed to clean themselves right after they go to the litter box.

On another note, Zeus and Gambit are getting along very well, much better than I had anticipated, I do think that they have ear mites, just cause I see them scratch their ears and shake their heads, so I'll be taking them to the vet to get them checked out.
I'll keep you guys updated.
Thanks.

Here are a couple of pic's. (Zeus is the Grey kitty)
And you can actually see in the last picture of Gambit (on the right) in his right ear there are red spots, do ear mites do that...?

chico2
August 17th, 2010, 04:56 PM
Awww,what little sweethearts:lovestruck:
One of my cats a long time ago(:rip:Sammy)had earmites bad,but the vet cleaned out his ears and gave me something to treat it,I forgot what.
I do not remember any spots on the ear:confused:

Love4himies
August 17th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Mine don't clean themselves after being in the litter box unless something is bothering them. Most of them jump out and start running around the house. :laughing:

I only clean their bums if they have a mess.

Giovanni
August 17th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Thanks Chico!
Zeus is very energetic and runs a lot, so it was tough to get that last pic of them together, Gambit is a lot calmer, although he does have his "spaz" moments, lol.

Love4himies, I see, I always clean them after they go to the litter, even if there was no mess, I just feel...."icky" lol, I donno, they don't like it when I clean them, so I try to be as fast and as soft as I can be...but thanks for letting me know it's not only my cats who don't clean themselves :laughing:

chico2
August 18th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Giovanni,you could always leave them a roll of toilet-paper:laughing::laughing:
My cats do the same as L4H's and I think most cats do.
One of my cats is white and he comes out of the box clean as before,they generally do not pee on themselves and if they do,they'll clean it.

Now,if they have the runs,that's a different story:yell:

Love4himies
August 18th, 2010, 09:25 AM
Now,if they have the runs,that's a different story:yell:

I know :yell: :yuck: