Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

my 5 year old dog keeps peeing in his sleep on my bed... help!

amaliamonet
August 15th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Ok... So my english bulldog Buddah sleeps on my bed with me. And he is usually really good with it, but lately he has been peeing in his sleep, all over my bed. I have tried not giving him water before bed, I have taken him out minutes before we head in to go to sleep, and now I am at a loss. How do I get him to stop peeing in his sleep? I cannot afford to wash the sheets every night, and my boyfriend is threatening to get rid of him if he doesn't stop. Buddah is 5 years old and has never done this so consitently before the last week or so... Please help? Any suggestions at this point are appreciated I just can't give my big ham away... He's my baby you know?

Marty11
August 15th, 2010, 01:23 PM
I think you need to ask a vet, sounds to me that it's a physical problem if he does this in his sleep. I saw a Dobe do this.

Frenchy
August 15th, 2010, 02:19 PM
This is not a behavioral issue ! You need to get your dog to a vet , this is an health issue.

And about your BF wanting to get red of the dog , tell him dogs are forever , they are not disposable at the first sign of "problem". :frustrated:

rainbow
August 15th, 2010, 02:42 PM
I agree that this is a health issue and a trip to the vet is mandatory. It could be a urinary infection which is easily treated with antibiotics. Is he neutered? It could also be hormonal which is also easily treated.

amaliamonet
August 15th, 2010, 04:25 PM
My dog is neutered yes... And I agree that getting rid of a dog for a health issue is not the answer...
He's my baby boy... He's family as far as I'm conserned... I will hjave to get him checked out at the vet. Thank you guys soooooo much for your advice... Buddah thanks you too...

rainbow
August 15th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Glad to hear you are taking Buddah to the vet. :thumbs up If it's a urinary infection the sooner it's treated the better otherwise complications will develop.

Good luck and please post an update. :fingerscr :goodvibes: