Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bad week-end for Chief..

exkalibur
August 15th, 2010, 12:38 PM
Poor Chief....What was suppose to be a good week-end turned not so good.
We were at the mayerthorpe Fair for the gymkhana event and on the first night, Chief had an encounter with a not too friendly Rotty. To keep it short, Chief's ear got ripped and he ended up spending the night at the local vet clinic. Now he has to wear this huge cone for the week.....Good news is that there won't be any permanent damages and he turned 6 months today.
Oh ! We had to put him on the scale before sedating him and he his 75 lbs now :eek:

chico2
August 15th, 2010, 12:50 PM
ex,so sorry to hear that,poor Chief,but you know,with such an event,pictures just have to follow,ok;)

exkalibur
August 15th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Had to get them off my phone.....

Frenchy
August 15th, 2010, 02:15 PM
awww poor Chief :( the dreaded cone :frustrated:

Rgeurts
August 15th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Awww... poor Chief! The dreaded "Cone of Shame"
Both mine are like bulls in a china shop with that thing!
I'm glad he's ok and there won't be any permanent damage :highfive:

rainbow
August 15th, 2010, 02:27 PM
WOW ......Chief is one big boy for 6 months old and a very handsome one too :lovestruck: although they always look so pathetic in those dreaded cones. :grouphug:

Sorry to hear about his misfortunate encounter with the Rottie :( but glad there will be no permanent damage :thumbs up .......speedy healing Chief. :fingerscr :goodvibes:

exkalibur
August 15th, 2010, 02:40 PM
Awww... poor Chief! The dreaded "Cone of Shame"
Both mine are like bulls in a china shop with that thing!
I'm glad he's ok and there won't be any permanent damage :highfive:

Yeepp ! He's figured out pretty quick how to use that cone to his advantage...he runs straight into us to get attention...The funny parts is with the horses : they stare and "snort" at him, then start running all over the place.

Winston
August 15th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Awe poor Chief! the dreaded Conehead PICS!! :D:D Be best to make sure you have CHief deal with a similiar siutation as that day so he doesnt end up being afraid of other doggies! Is the Rotty someone unknown to Chief?

Cindy

chico2
August 15th, 2010, 04:51 PM
Awww,poor Chief,that's a HUGE collar...when my Vinnie(cat)had one he would bump in to everything,you always knew when he was coming:laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 15th, 2010, 09:01 PM
Oh, I'm sorry he had such a traumatic weekend! Glad the ear is going to heal with no problems!

And don't you listen to them, Chief--you look just as handsome as ever, even in the Dreaded Elizabethan Collar. :flirt:

Dee-O-Gee
August 15th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Poor Chief. :( Hope he's on the mend. :fingerscr

Wow 6 months and 75 lbs! :eek: He's one big beautiful boy! :)

Tundra_Queen
August 16th, 2010, 01:48 AM
awwww poor chief! That must of been very scary! Poor sweetie. The least daddy could do is put some motorcycle decals on the cone to make it look more manly. :D

exkalibur
August 16th, 2010, 08:43 PM
And.....to add insult to the injury, I've come to the painfull decision :( to get him neutered this coming Friday (that's when the cone cone off).

Tundra_Queen
August 20th, 2010, 06:18 AM
Is a dog suppose to get neutered at six month?

hazelrunpack
August 20th, 2010, 09:06 PM
Six months is usually what vets recommend, TQ.

How is Chief doing, exkalibur? Is he following doctor's orders? Sending :goodvibes: for a quick and easy recovery!

exkalibur
August 21st, 2010, 03:56 PM
He's doing OK but his area is sensitive and it bugs him a lot. We had to put the cone back on him to keep him from licking his wound. The vet re-stiched his ear (it was only stiched on one side and the other side was open). I'm looking forward for him to get back to his usual devious self.....

Dog Dancer
August 21st, 2010, 06:13 PM
Poor Chief, but I agree he's as handsome as ever.

Tundra_Queen
August 22nd, 2010, 05:34 AM
thanks hazel...i've never had a dog fixed,,,they come fixed to our place LOL

poor chief,,,i hope his ear heals now that everything is stitched.

exkalibur
August 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Well, this morning DW took the cone off and watched him for a while and he didn't appear that his "area" was sore anymore....So after his breakfast he got a fresh femur bone as a pick-me-up kind of treat. It's hard to describe the excitement and how he's devouring it, but he's happy right now.

Don't worry, DW's hand didn't get chewed off...

hazelrunpack
August 22nd, 2010, 09:51 PM
Aw, good boy, Chief!! Glad to hear he's on the mend!

Tundra_Queen
August 23rd, 2010, 09:04 AM
I'm glad he is feeling better and that DW still has her arm! LOL

chico2
August 23rd, 2010, 12:54 PM
He is such a beautiful boy,lets hope he will have no issues because of the attack:fingerscr