Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Goodbye my sweet Lucy

TeriM
August 14th, 2010, 08:21 PM
Today Lucy was helped to the Rainbow Bridge :cry:.

I almost smiled as I chose the title because really until her much later years she was anything but sweet :lovestruck:. She was the most bratty puppy and for all her 14.5 years she was a stubborn brat but she was perfect for us and will forever be in our hearts.

We just returned last weekend from a two week camping trip where she did very well, swam almost every day and we all just enjoyed our time together. This week she took a turn and it was obvious her liver was no longer functioning enough. Yesterday we enjoyed a slow walk to the park where she happily splashed in the creek for about a half hour. Today we had lots of cuddles and kisses and now she is at peace.

I love you baby girl and will miss you always :candle:.

One of our first pics and still one of my favourites

A pic from our last holiday.

14+kitties
August 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
Awww Teri, I am so sorry. The tears are flowing and joining yours. :cry:
:candle::rip: darling Lucy :candle: You are pain free now. Enjoy your swims.
:grouphug::grouphug: Teri

Frenchy
August 14th, 2010, 08:24 PM
omg TeriM ... I knew it was coming but ... it hurts the same. I can't imagine how you must be feeling right now , I am deeply sorry for your loss. :(

Lucy had an amazing life with you and you did so much to make sure she was healthy and free of pain , you were a great mom to her !

run free beautiful Lucy ! :candle:

TeriM :grouphug:

hazelrunpack
August 14th, 2010, 08:26 PM
:cry:

I'm so sorry, Teri. :grouphug: She was such a feisty girl! What a character! :lovestruck:

Kick up your heels, Lucy! Lots of swimming places at the Bridge! :cloud9:

:candle: sweet Lucy

Rgeurts
August 14th, 2010, 08:28 PM
I'm so sorry for you and your family :(
She was a beautiful baby, and that puppy pic is just adorable.

:rip:Sweet Lucy:candle:

Dee-O-Gee
August 14th, 2010, 08:32 PM
Oh TeriM, such a difficult time and so sorry this day has come. :(

Lucy...run, jump and splash all you want girl!

This was in my DVD folder and hope you don't mind me posting this picture TeriM. :shrug:

:candle: Sweet Lucy :candle:

:grouphug:

Winston
August 14th, 2010, 08:56 PM
Teri I am so deeply saddned by your loss. You were awesome parents and sweet Lucy is free of pain and can swim to her hearts content!

Be at peace mf

RIP sweet Lucy
:candle::rip::dog:

Sylvie
August 14th, 2010, 09:30 PM
My thoughts are with you. :grouphug:

:rip:
Lucy

JennieV
August 14th, 2010, 10:12 PM
all I can say is :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :(
:candle: Lucy :candle:

Tundra_Queen
August 14th, 2010, 11:19 PM
Terri I'm so sorry to hear about Lucy going to the bridge. :cry:

:rip: Lucy :candle:

BrownEyedGirl
August 14th, 2010, 11:46 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

TeriM
August 15th, 2010, 01:46 AM
KLM, I love that pic so thanks for posting it. Our times on the beach are some of my all time favourite memories.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :grouphug:.

Dog Dancer
August 15th, 2010, 02:19 AM
TeriM I am so sorry for your loss. I think of you so often with Lucy because I know that you and I both have been dealing with senior pups. It was always a good sign for me that Lucy was doing so well and being so happy. Gave me hope for much more time with Shadow. Bless you for being such a loving mommy to her. Lucy run free at the bridge and play in the water. :rip:

Love4himies
August 15th, 2010, 07:34 AM
I am so sorry, Teri :cry: :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:rip: Sweet Lucy :candle:

aslan
August 15th, 2010, 07:53 AM
TeriM,,our most heartfelt sympathy goes to you and the rest of the family..:grouphug:
:rip: sweet Lucy.

chico2
August 15th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Teri,I am so very sorry:cry:
Beautiful Lucy had a wonderful life with you,the best,but it's never long enough:pawprint:
The beach-picture says it all....:rip:Lucy

diandpat
August 15th, 2010, 09:42 AM
So very very sad :cry: At least she got one last fun family camping vacation!

She is swimming at the Bridge now with all the others who have passed...whole, healthy and happy looking down on you all :angel:

:grouphug:

breeze
August 15th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Teri

:grouphug::grouphug:
:cry:

:candle: sweet sweet Lucy

rainbow
August 15th, 2010, 12:49 PM
Aw, Teri, I am so deeply sorry to hear about Lucy. Even though we knew this was coming it still is such a hard time to go through. :grouphug:

She had such a wonderful life with you and your hubby and I hope all the memories will help you through this difficult time .....take care. :2huggers:

:rip: Beautiful Sweet Lucy :candle:

ancientgirl
August 15th, 2010, 01:07 PM
I am so deeply sorry. Lucy was such a beautiful girl, and what an adorable little puppy. :grouphug:

:rip:Lucy

sugarcatmom
August 15th, 2010, 04:00 PM
My heart goes out to you, TeriM. :grouphug: What an amazing life Lucy had, and no doubt your's is richer for having shared it with her.

Peace to you both. :candle:

krdahmer
August 15th, 2010, 09:49 PM
:cry: :grouphug:
:candle:lucy:candle:

marko
August 16th, 2010, 08:01 AM
I'm so sorry Teri, please accept my deepest condolences.

:rip: sweet Lucy :candle:

Sincerely,

Marko

cpietra16
August 16th, 2010, 02:37 PM
aww....I'm so sorry...my condolences to you:(.
14.5 is a good old age for a lab...what a beauty.

luckypenny
August 17th, 2010, 11:36 PM
My heart hurts with yours and your family's, Teri. I'm so sorry.

Precious Lucy :candle:

growler~GateKeeper
August 18th, 2010, 01:17 AM
Teri :2huggers: I'm so sorry :( Sweet Lucy girl had the best life a pup could possibly ask for. If you need to talk or anything you know where to find me. :grouphug:

:rip: sweet :angel2: Lucy :candle: She is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

mastifflover
August 18th, 2010, 08:13 AM
Terri I am so glad Lucy had such a good time camping and just being with you. I am sure she is watching over you and will be waiting for you when the time comes. She is now pain free and running and playing at the bridge RIP sweet girl

Chris21711
August 18th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Teri, I can't begin to express the sadness I feel hearing the news of Lucy's passing...I will always remember her as The Grande Dame of Labbies :lovestruck:, she was truly beautiful. Hugs to You and Hubby and the rest of your family.

:candle: Sweet Lucy :cloud9: :candle:

clm
August 18th, 2010, 12:39 PM
I'm so sorry TeriM. She was a beautiful dog. I'm so glad she had a wonderful last few weeks romping and playing with you and one last splash in the creek. You must miss her so much. :grouphug:

clm

TeriM
August 19th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Thanks to all of you for such nice comments. It helps to know that others understand and feel the same depth of emotions that we share with our furry family.

I miss her horribly, was away from sunday to today and had lots of weeping moments. Worst was thinking what coming home to no yelllow dog was gonna be :(. Thoughts of course were worse and Riley and the cats gave me a lovely greeting.

BenMax
August 19th, 2010, 09:22 AM
TeriM - I am so very very sorry for your loss.:(

I wish you peace. You are a GREAT mom!

RIP sweet angel.:angel:

Luvmypitgirls
August 19th, 2010, 10:47 PM
TeriM, I'm so very sorry for your loss:(.
:candle: RIP sweet Lucy:candle: