Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Buddy is slicing and dicing me!!!!! AAAAAHHHHH

krdahmer
September 10th, 2004, 08:39 PM
Man oh man can this cat put up a fight, and really I don't blame him....he had a lot more problems from being left outside than we thought. He has (in addition to the fleas we have successfully gotten rid of) an abcess on the right side of his face and a microscopic parasite!!! The poor little cutie! (Of course neither of these deter him from string on a stick!!!
The only thing is, he was just getting settled and calming down a bit and even the girls are starting to be a little nicer to him and now I look like I went one on one with....well....a cat....and LOST!!!! :eek: I have scratches up and down my arms (from trying to get him to take his liquid-supposed -to-be-easier-than-pills-ya-right medicine for the abcess) and on both sides of my face (that was our second vet visit, he saw a large dog-whipped around, grabbed both sides of my face, a favorite defensive move of his usually paired with a bite to the nose, and ripped my glasses off onto the floor in the waiting room!!!!).
But I am being very patient and know that it is only because he is under the weather and got scared at the vets. :rolleyes:
Oh and for those that know about the stray "project", I got the three little ones to the vet today, all have been given Revolution and I bought extra for kitten #4 and momma and poppa- so I'm all ready when I catch them!
They are just soooooooooo friggin frakkin CUTE!!!! (I think I may have been talked into keepin one!)

chico2
September 10th, 2004, 09:24 PM
KrDahmer,wohooooo,it sounds like you have a house full of cats :D
I know all about slicing and dicing :D just be careful in case of infection,believe me,I've been there.
Buddy,is the black and white cat you adopted,right?
Do you also have mommy and daddy cat +babies?
and your two beautiful girls?? That makes 9 cats and kittens :eek:
If that's the case,you are one heck of a lady :D

Cflat
September 10th, 2004, 09:28 PM
My suggestion would be to hold him down with lots of help and cut his nails. I've had to do this with strays as well as my own. Right now my 7 foster kittens ALL get their nails cut. I'm no scratching post although they seem to think so. Other than that, get the meds in as quick as possible. No nails = eyes left. Good luck!

sammiec
September 10th, 2004, 09:30 PM
OMGosh!! That sounds like a crazy hecktic trip!! I'm sorry, but I had a little bit of a chuckle just thinking about this kitty taking your glasses off! :eek: I hope your scratches aren't too bad!! I would make sure to take care of those, cat scratch fever is not pleasant - but I guess you would know that with 9 cats!! WOW!!! Good luck with that one! :D :D

Iggette
September 11th, 2004, 07:42 AM
Been away for a few days ....so I don't know the story yet....but WOW your a great lady to take care of these kitties....about the vets.....I never take my cats out of the pet taxi until we are in the little office with door closed.....because....well....you know :D Hope your ok scratches can be nasty....especially on the face :(

Luba
September 11th, 2004, 07:55 PM
I have no suggestions except get yourself some aloe vera for those dices and slices LOL :)

krdahmer
September 12th, 2004, 11:32 AM
LMAO!!!!! Well the glasses thing was really funny 'cept at the time I was little embarassed!!! :cool: And his claws are clipped asap (as short as possible) but I think since he knows he doesnt have sharp claws...he tries twice as hard!!! LOL Crafty little bugger he is!
And so far we are only up to 6, we have to catch little kitten #4 before we can grab mamma and pappa.....and man is that 4th one smart! That and I think mamma is on to us and is only letting him out in the middle of the night now. So I'm gonna leave them alone this weekend and try again on Monday!

Oh and I have some pics of Buddy adjusting to his new home, new ones of the girls and some cuties of the little kittens so check out the Pic section!!!

And as for medicine time....well, I do my best to wrestle him without hurting him and it sure helps that hubby is home for a few days....two pairs of hands make it a whole lot easier!!! Cause he uses all 4 to fight his way free!!!!!! *L*
;)