Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

I had a thief in my house today!!!

Gail P
August 10th, 2010, 11:49 PM
I was robbed, but I caught the culprit in the act and got photo evidence :thumbs up

Hmmmmm......these look good

Got one!

Maybe this way would be easier....lick, lick, lick......or maybe no one else will want any if I lick them all

Gail P
August 10th, 2010, 11:56 PM
A very particular thief this was...he knew exactly what he was after and nothing else....yellow beans only, no green...one green bean was taste tested and dropped and then he went back for more yellow :laughing:

C'mere beans....

ermmm.....that's not a bean.....maybe if I just pull a little with that tooth hooked on there....

Success!!! Oops, caught....you're not going to give me trouble are you? I can't help it, they're just soooooo good!

growler~GateKeeper
August 10th, 2010, 11:57 PM
:laughing: :laughing: Is that Storm?

At least he was gentle with the theiving & not grabbing whole mouthfuls at a time :laughing: :dog:

growler~GateKeeper
August 11th, 2010, 12:05 AM
:laughing: Just noticed Thunder in the background :dog: did he get any for being lookout?

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2010, 12:07 AM
That's too cute! I love the other one watching in the background too! I think he wants in on some of that action. I guess he doesn't need to drink V8 anyhow. And I have to agree, the yellow ones are the best. I was just out last night picking green beans too! We don't have yellow.

Gail P
August 11th, 2010, 12:20 AM
Yes it's Storm, with Thunder watching. Some of the others were watching too but from a safe distance, not sure if he was going to get in trouble I think. They had already all had some beans when I was picking them, it was raining beans in the backyard when I threw some over the fence from the garden. They all got more inside too...the bigger beans that might have gotten a bit tough. I have so many beans, 2 rows each of yellow and green and with it being rainy the last couple of days they hadn't been picked so some got bigger than I like but at least they make good dog treats. I usually try to pick the beans every other day so they're nice and tender. Storm will eat green beans when that's what I'm handing out, but obviously yellow are his preference.

Goldfields
August 11th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Hehehe! Love the tongue action. Border Collies are wonderful dogs.

TeriM
August 11th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Your thief is very cute :laughing: :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2010, 09:04 AM
Storm looks like he's at the farmer's market and being persnickety :laughing: He's just too cute!! :lovestruck:

Dogs like snow-peas, too...took me a few weeks to figure out why the vines reachable through the garden fence weren't producing any snow-peas! :o

luckypenny
August 11th, 2010, 09:29 AM
A thief like storm would be welcome in our home anytime :cloud9:. Adorable pics, Gail :laughing:.

exkalibur
August 11th, 2010, 09:31 AM
Nice to see that Chief is not the only veggie thief..He pulls carrots and potatoes straight from the garden.

Frenchy
August 11th, 2010, 09:34 AM
:laughing: I love how gentle he is , just taking them one by one , and the boy knows his beans , the yellow ones are of course , the yummier ones :thumbs up

Gail P
August 11th, 2010, 12:36 PM
Talk about a gentle thief...I was talking to one of the neighbours a few days ago and he was telling me about all the food his chocolate lab has been thieving lately. The dog figured out how to open the refrigerator and helped himself to eggs and venison steaks. Then he opened the oven and took out a chicken that had been cooked and was left there cooling. Somehow he managed to take the chicken out of the pan without spilling the pan and grease all over the place. I suggested he get a child-proofing lock for the fridge and stove :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 11th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Holy catz! :eek: So now they nicknamed their labby Asbestos Lips?!? lol Amazing what they can do when food is at stake, eh? :D

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2010, 01:45 PM
It's funny how dogs are all so different. My two won't touch a thing for the most part. I have left lunch meats and cheese on the coffee table for half an hour waiting for the men to come and eat and they won't touch it. Drop it on the floor and it's fair to assume that Halo (the lab) will snatch it in a second. Even on the floor it's hard to say if Shadow would pick up meat and eat it - she's such a princess. Neither would bother with fresh beans though, Halo wants her food cooked please :D.

Gail P
August 11th, 2010, 02:06 PM
I don't think the oven was on at the time the lab stole the chicken....it was left in there cooling from what they said.

My dogs won't touch anything left on the counter or kitchen table including meat or cooling baking but the coffee table and end tables are pretty low so with 10 dogs in the house I wouldn't want to gamble on them leaving stuff there. They use the end tables as step stools anyhow to get up and look out the front windows so nothing is really very safe there, food or otherwise. :laughing: I gave up trying to keep plants on the end tables, they were always getting knocked over and I had to vacuum up the soil. Doesn't matter, I'm terrible with house plants anyways...I kill them all regardless of whether or not the dogs knock them around.

Since I always share veggies from the garden with the dogs I don't think Storm really thought he was doing anything wrong, though he did look a little unsure. He saw me watching and got a funny look like "I'm not doing anything wrong...am I?" They all just love beans and carrots and some will eat other veggies too like peas, cucumbers, and they like apples and other fruits too.

Dog Dancer
August 11th, 2010, 03:43 PM
I hope you don't think I was implying your Storm was naughty taking the beans. Nothing further from the truth, he obviously knew you were watching and it was okay. I was just generalizing how dogs are so different in general about food snitching. Some snitch and some don't. My SIL's dogs would steal it right off your plate if you let them. Mine used to eat the raspberries out of my bucket as I was collecting them. She couldn't eat the ones on the ground, had to snitch them from the fresh bucket! :laughing: I'm not sure I would trust anything with 10 dogs roaming around either. My plants get the same knock over treatment at the window zone. :frustrated: Death row.

When I first moved in with hubby I caught him putting his dinner plate on the coffee table and telling Halo to go ahead and clean it up :eek:. He got heck to say the least. I'm fine with her licking the plate, but only if it was on the floor. Floor food is for them, not food still on a table. Men....

Gail P
August 11th, 2010, 09:02 PM
I hope you don't think I was implying your Storm was naughty taking the beans.

Oh no, that wasn't what I meant. No worries. :thumbs up

Goldfields
August 11th, 2010, 09:25 PM
My darling Shady(sheltie girl now at the Bridge) once got on the table when we were out of the room and helped herself to a pound of butter. Didn't eat it all, in fact didn't eat much, thank heaven, just left long teeth marks all over it. LOL. I think I was in the shower and my other half got a rocket for leaving it where she could get to it. What I find pathetic is how certain of my shelties would want to lick the floor if a tiny spit of fat landed there when I was frying sausages. You'd think they were starved.

Tundra_Queen
August 12th, 2010, 04:01 AM
Gail that is so funny! :laughing: And those beans do look very yummy!

Luvmypitgirls
August 12th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Was Thunder really acting like a look out or was it Thunder that snitched on storm, for stealing beans?

Gail P
August 12th, 2010, 02:23 PM
Was Thunder really acting like a look out or was it Thunder that snitched on storm, for stealing beans?

Neither really. He was just watching, as were some of the others that were in the kitchen or down the hallway to the back of the house. They all seemed a little unsure if they should join in. Of course, although he looks so very innocent as he's stealing beans, Storm does do a wicked "get away from my food" baring of the teeth too, so that might have added to their dilemma of whether or not they should take a chance on sharing in the spoils. After I was done taking pictures and put the beans up on the kitchen counter they all got some.