Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

New Baby

bendyfoot
August 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
So I've been up north in Nunavut for 7 weeks, and I've only got one week to go before I'm home and get to meet my new fur-daughter. DW has been dreaming of kittens for months now, so it was only a matter of time :laughing: Meet Audrey, also known as She's Very Naughty :D

She's about 14 weeks old and was adopted from the Humane Society :cat:

Love4himies
August 8th, 2010, 02:53 PM
She is just adorably, bendyfoot :cloud9::cloud9:. She has the same colourings as Sweet Pea :cloud9:

Naughty Audrey :laughing::laughing::laughing: She does look pretty innocent to me :angel: :D

How are the other furries enjoying having a kitten around?

bendyfoot
August 8th, 2010, 03:07 PM
Sounds like she's getting along with everybody...she's very social and affectionate. She's a bit timid of Jaida (of all things) I think because she's big and moves funny (plus Jaida has a tendency to want to put all baby things in her mouth...extremely gently, mind you, but in her mouth:laughing:), she does very well with Heidi, who is an :angel: with cats (they seem to adore her)-she does love rubs under Heidi's tummy while she's standing lol, Gracie is excited by her, but they pretty much just leave each other alone...she sleeps with and plays with Boo...Solly is the only one who still is not enamoured. He's a big huge baby scardey-cat, so he still gets poofy and hissy when she interacts with him (and she's REALLY trying to win him over)...and DW was telling me yesterday that Audrey has decided Sol is the best toy in the house...she likes to bounce on him then run away :evil: But she also does love-rubs under his chin all the time...even while he's hissing/poofing :loser:

Love4himies
August 8th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Sounds like she's getting along with everybody...she's very social and affectionate. She's a bit timid of Jaida (of all things) I think because she's big and moves funny (plus Jaida has a tendency to want to put all baby things in her mouth...extremely gently, mind you, but in her mouth:laughing:), she does very well with Heidi, who is an :angel: with cats (they seem to adore her)-she does love rubs under Heidi's tummy while she's standing lol, Gracie is excited by her, but they pretty much just leave each other alone...she sleeps with and plays with Boo...Solly is the only one who still is not enamoured. He's a big huge baby scardey-cat, so he still gets poofy and hissy when she interacts with him (and she's REALLY trying to win him over)...and DW was telling me yesterday that Audrey has decided Sol is the best toy in the house...she likes to bounce on him then run away :evil: I would love to see a video of that :laughing:But she also does love-rubs under his chin all the time...even while he's hissing/poofing :loser:

Sounds like she is providing lots of entertainment for DW while you are away doing some real awesome research. :thumbs up

hazelrunpack
August 8th, 2010, 05:16 PM
She's such a doll, bendy!!! :flirt: Congratulations!!! :goodvibes:

luckypenny
August 8th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Congrats to you and DW, bendyfoot! She definitely is a cutie-pie. Can't wait to see more pics of her with Grace, Jaida, Heidi, Boo, and Solly :goodvibes: hint hint :D.

quincymycat
August 8th, 2010, 07:50 PM
Congrats on the new addition...naughty maybe...but I'm sure she is nice too!! :lovestruck:

bendyfoot
August 8th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Congrats to you and DW, bendyfoot! She definitely is a cutie-pie. Can't wait to see more pics of her with Grace, Jaida, Heidi, Boo, and Solly :goodvibes: hint hint :D.

Listen Lady, I think you should cut me some slack...I'm like 3500kms away from Gracie, Jaida, Heidi, Boo and Solly right now :frustrated: :p

luckypenny
August 8th, 2010, 08:04 PM
I can be patient and wait a week :D.

TeriM
August 8th, 2010, 08:07 PM
What a cutie-pie she is :cloud9:. Congrats!!

Frenchy
August 8th, 2010, 10:04 PM
awww she's so cute ! Can't wait to see more .... yes , more pictures :goodvibes:

Tundra_Queen
August 8th, 2010, 10:44 PM
Bendy, she is so cute!

What ya doing in Nunavut? How are the mosquitoes up there? :D:D

JennieV
August 8th, 2010, 10:49 PM
She is beautiful, Bendy... congrats!:thumbs up

bendyfoot
August 9th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Thanks guys, I think she's awfully cute. My wife picks good babies :lovestruck: Can't wait to meet her!

awww she's so cute ! Can't wait to see more .... yes , more pictures :goodvibes:

Pictures, yes, I promise! You'll have to wait until later next week tho!

Bendy, she is so cute!

What ya doing in Nunavut? How are the mosquitoes up there? :D:D

I'm here doing research for my PhD (just started in January). In a nutshell: I'm collecting bugs :D The mosquitos are plentiful but not as intolerable as I expected them to be. I usually can get away with only bug repellant...I think I've only used my full bug jacket maybe half a dozen times, so it's really not that bad, as long as you don't mind them buzzing around and bouncing off you all the time. You kind of get used to it.

I can be patient and wait a week :D.

I'm afraid you have little choice in the matter (although your avatar makes me want to do it a little faster for some reason...talk about puppy dog eyes!_ :laughing:

chico2
August 9th, 2010, 02:35 PM
There is the story of Audrey,she sure is a sweetheart and like most kittens seem to keep everyone on their toes:laughing:
Remember when you get back home,we want to see Bendy,Heidi and everyone else with little Audrey,it's been a very long time....ok:thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
August 10th, 2010, 06:48 AM
Bendy, maybe you've hit on a good year...was it a dry springthere? I know the mosquitoes are not as bad this year as last. I also have a bug jacket and a hat thing that covers my whole head down to my neck. LOL

14+kitties
August 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Awww too sweet! :cloud9: She is adorable. I'm sure she will put everyone in your house in line in no time at all!!!! :D

growler~GateKeeper
August 11th, 2010, 12:44 AM
Adorable :lovestruck: congrats on the new wee one :cloud9: