Muddy Acres
August 5th, 2010, 12:37 AM

Muddy Acres
August 5th, 2010, 12:52 AM

Muddy Acres
August 5th, 2010, 01:03 AM

Kalou
August 5th, 2010, 06:25 AM
your pets are so cute! I love the little white kitten in the last picture.

chico2
August 5th, 2010, 07:54 AM
WOW! You have a lot of animals,the sheep-dogs look amazing and the little foal:lovestruck:
I am not too good a naming breeds,but is the first dog a Bovier(sp??)
The Doberman is a beauty..
Jacks will fit right in...
The kitties are all adorable,I am hoping you are not breeding,love the kitty-tunnel get-up you made,great idea!!

diandpat
August 5th, 2010, 08:36 AM
WOW, what a menagerie :cloud9:

Is that THREE cats sleeping peacefully on a human???? I'll have to show that to Ziggy and Zuzu!

Love OES...beauties and the Bouvier and the Dobie are gorgeous.

Many blessings in that home...congrats and thanks for sharing!

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 09:57 AM
What a beautiful crew you have, Muddy Acres! :flirt: Any time you want to post more pics, please feel free :D

Muddy Acres
August 6th, 2010, 12:32 AM
These are the "yard and house" units, they keep me busy now that the boys (humans) are getting older, LOL.
We don't breed cats ever!!! I just keep FINDING them??? Both Tucker, Peanut and the dark kitty Tina Turner live here. All fixed now, all orphans needing a mom (me). I gave the two white/creamy kittens Olivia (NewtonJohn) and Stevie (Nicks) to an older retired couple , they are fixed and their new best freind is a Great Dane named Blue, he is a good mom too, lol.

Those are 3 little sisters sleeping on my husband about a month after they came home with me from the vet while I was getting Peanut fixed. My friends all laugh at me as I may be the only one they know who goes to get a cat fixed and brings home a litter, LOL.
My sons being fans of Duct Tape figured the babies needed some entertainment, I think they needed some entertainment themselves and hence found, borrowed and salvaged boxes from a hospital to turn our living room into a "fun" house for cats. Did I mention the human boys are 17, 19 and 21, mushy animal guys for sure.

We only breed on kind of animal and only about 8-10 a year, and very few outside breedings. We Breed registered Quarterhorses, probably not a good thing for me as I know and love each of them and only sell them to people I know and like. I am there when they are born and often they see me before thier moms, I love that whole thing, most of the time, I lose about 3 months of sleep during foaling season but wow what a great prize for no sleep..
I have good clients and if it is a recommended stranger I like to see where they will live. I have stopped sales over a "bad" feeling, I am a picky sales person. I believe that I am responsible for every horse born here for their entire lives and some people aren't fond of that.

The big Ol' man is Winston and he is infact a Bouvier, wonderful souls, Tori is the Dobie and she has changed the attitude of hundreds of people who used to fear them, she barks a scared bark until she has back-up. The back up comes in the form of Winston, Sally and Jackson. Sally and Jackson are also wonderful dogs, the lady who breeds them has very few litters and only when she has a high demand for a litter. They are Great Pyrenese X Old English Sheep Dogs. They have sheep and find the cross to be excellant. They are very cute until a coyote strolls in to check out our foals and then bam, cranky mean killing machines, well chasing machines is more like it.

I could easily be a hermit with all of my critters, they are so worth it everyday!!

Muddy Acres
August 6th, 2010, 12:55 AM

Muddy Acres
August 6th, 2010, 01:03 AM

Muddy Acres
August 6th, 2010, 01:13 AM

chico2
August 6th, 2010, 07:44 AM
OMG,MA you are so lucky,you must have a wonderful life,probably a lot of work,but a labor of love.
I am sorry but I had to ask,I should have known better,you and your family are obviously huge animal-lovers.

I believe you are also a very good photographer great pics,but then you have wonderful models:cloud9:
Love the X-Mas tree ornaments:laughing:and the horses,beautiful:cloud9:

Muddy Acres
August 6th, 2010, 09:51 AM
NO PROBLEM I thought you put that a bunch nicer than I usually do,:), I usually Rake people over the coals about breeding.

I do love my "job"

JennieV
August 6th, 2010, 10:02 AM
wow, MA, you have a beautiful furry family. The horses :cloud9::lovestruck::cloud9:! And that poor foal, trying to get up.. :laughing: :sorry: I mean poor poor foal..! They are so cute when they dont really have any control over their limbs...
Great pics! :highfive:

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
omg, the newborn! :flirt:

And the big bad kittens fending off Tori with a swat! :laughing: Love the bad Xmas Kittie pics, too!

What a great bunch!!!! Thanks for sharing! And for taking care of all those kitties when you find them in need :grouphug:

chico2
August 6th, 2010, 03:39 PM
I had to have another look,your Doberman is gorgeous:lovestruck:
The one kitten looks like a Lynx-Point Siamese sooooo cute,they all are,keep taking pics,ok;)

michellemero
August 6th, 2010, 07:17 PM
wow...you are living my dream! :) i'm working on it! beautiful family:thumbs up

CsqU4r3d
August 6th, 2010, 07:51 PM
What a GORGEOUS family you have...I had to laugh at the cardboard box kitty kondo. Nothing a cat loves better than those cardboard boxes...LOL :thumbs up:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
August 6th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Wow!! What a beautiful bunch of fur kids! And the pics of the horse and baby trying to stand up...that must be amazing to watch it take it's first step!!

Muddy Acres
August 12th, 2010, 10:52 PM
Still haven't heard anything about a family looking for him. Jack's has moved in here for the duration, he is one of the gang. He is so smart, he crouches down if he doesn't want something and he keeps doing that until we pick the right thing, for example if we say want to go out he will crouch and pretend he can't see us and then we say a drink of water and he will leap up and run to the sink. He is frightened of storms, but he spends a lot of off leash time in the yard with us now. If he is running away and we call he will stop and look at me and then the field and then me and if my husband says get back here he just comes running, happy. If we say time for bed he runs upstairs and paces by the door of the person going to bed, brilliant boy. In the morning he just keeps switching rooms as people get up, he is for sure not a morning pup, he loves sleeping in!!!
Got to see some Jack Russell stuff, he lets Tori the Dobie get the rawhide bones mangled up a bit and then he takes them and wants to play with us. He runs over growling loud enough for most humane societies to put him down, LOL, and he sounds like he will rip your arm off but then you have to chase him around and around, if you ignore him and just put your hand out he brings the bone and holds it in your hand and growls until you try to take it or catch him again.
Funny Little Dude. 68344

Goldfields
August 13th, 2010, 12:33 AM
It's nice to see that all your animals are in superb condition. The mares look a picture and your Dobe has a beautiful shiney coat . Do you own your own stallion or send the mares out? The only snag I've had with a newborn foal bonding to me is a WM pony that spotted me as I walked down to the manure heap, came thundering up the paddock and jumped the fence to get to me. LOL. She wasn't weaned. We had to put a couple of extra wires on the top of the fence.
This, that you wrote .......

I have stopped sales over a "bad" feeling, I am a picky sales person. I believe that I am responsible for every horse born here for their entire lives and some people aren't fond of that.
...... is exactly how I feel about the pups I've bred and sold, I'll always take them back and I knocked back two homes for the last female pup. Your mares are beautiful, it's great they're in such good hands.

chico2
August 13th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Muddy Acres,is this your first JRT??
They are a very special kind of small breed,not for everyone for sure,but he seems to fit so very well with your crew,he's adorable:lovestruck:
He does not seem to mind the cat or stealing from your poor Dobie.
Aren't Dobies usually very mild-mannered beautiful pups?
I've only known one Dobie and she was wonderful,terrified of thunderstorms though.
The owners lived in Pincher Creek Alberta.

Goldfields
August 14th, 2010, 01:20 AM
Chico2, here you can get the occassional bad line in Dobes. One of my sister's Dobes attacked my brother twice I think(must have put him off visiting her I'll bet) but investigation showed that out of something like 23 related Dobes, there was only one that hadn't been put down for this sort of unprovoked aggression.

Muddy Acres
August 14th, 2010, 09:36 AM
Thanks for the compliments on the condition of the critter crew, I think it's in the food. We try to feed the best hay and dog/cat food as it helps to fend off many large bills in everyone's future. We do have our own Stud his name is Mudd Slinging Kat, he is a son of the NCHA All Time Leading Sire - High Brow Cat. We have a webpage for our horses - northernhorse.com/muddyacres.

Tori (the Dobie) is the most amazing girl. She had a bit of an attitude as a baby and only with my youngest son. She was pretty sure that she was one step up from the bottom of our large "pack" and he was to gentle to correct her in anyway so off the "Bad Baby School" we went. We took Spence and Tori to Doberman handling classes and he got some really good advise from lots of owners/breeders/trainers on how to effectively deal with her. It worked out great, he realized that discipline was for her best interests as well as his. I have only saw her show aggression 2 times in her life, once was when Spence was asleep on the couch and a friend of ours stopped by and plugged Spener's nose. He made a little noise and squirmed a bit and Tori grabbed the friend's hand and growled a bit and stared at him as if to say "let go of my boy". The other time was when my friend's daughter and her fiance' came over for a dinner party and he was a nasty guy. Tori wouldn't let him out of the entry to our house, we tried a number of different bribes and there was just no way. They have since broken up and my friend's daughter often talks about how nasty he was and how Tori "just knew" something was wrong with him.

The Breeder that we got Tori from has amazing dogs, they actually bred Tori's mom to a dog from Germany to get a bit of attitude into their lines as they are so docile, it didn't work LOL, they are still very sweet. I'm not 100% sure Tori would protect the place without her "back-up" she is a couch potatoe door bell. Sometimes when the Bouvier and the "puppies-OES" bark outside she will bark too but from the couch of course. She sleeps on her back most of the time and sometimes doesn't even roll over to bark, she just lies on her back, head on a pillow and barks, she looks at us to see if one of us would like to check it out instead of her getting up. Jack's is funny, when the big guys bark outside he gives a bark now too and then looks at us and then Tori to see if it is okay to keep barking, cute.

We have also always got a puppy when our dogs are becoming seniors, they sure help with the training, manners etc. they have always been very good mentors. Sorry these pictures are bad but I thought I should show you Jack's and Miss Tori playing. It's neat because Jack's is the freocious dobie in a wee body and Tori is a sheep in dobie clothing.

Muddy Acres
August 14th, 2010, 09:41 AM

Frenchy
August 14th, 2010, 09:46 AM
Welcome to pets.ca Muddy Acres , beautiful crew you have :lovestruck:

I got scared for a minute , I thought you let your cat get pregnant / breeding cats. :o

can't wait to see more pictures and hearing about their adventures :thumbs up

Muddy Acres
August 18th, 2010, 12:53 AM
Hi Frenchy,
Thanks for the welcome. Glad you saw there is no breeding here besides the horses. I actually think that maybe we should have vets do some "pro-bono" work every year like lawyers have to. If the Gov.'s could set up some small clinics all over the country and supply the equipment and meds the vets could all take a morning or afternoon of donated time we could get a bunch of babies off of the streets.

Frenchy
August 18th, 2010, 09:14 AM
I actually think that maybe we should have vets do some "pro-bono" work every year like lawyers have to.

I totally agree ! I know of one (human) doctor who does pro bono one day a week to help with a clinic here ! So I don't see why vets couldn't do the same !