Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Mindy's New hairdoo

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Today was Mindy's spa day. This was the first time I have been to a dog groomers and I must say I found it quite interesting. Because we've never been to this groomers I was there for 45 minutes, just watching how they were with other dogs and let Mindy get settled.

I didn't know it took so long to get a dog dolled up. :laughing: When I went back to pick up Mindy I couldn't believe how different she looked and I must say I laughed! Her little face is now wider than her little body! :laughing: She looks like her cheeks are swollen! LOL
Those new coats I bought for her the other day won't need letting out as she has lost about 4 inches in her girth! LOL

She even got a nice purple bandana with sparkles on it to match her harness. :D

The Before pic....68102

The after pics

Debbie

chico2
August 5th, 2010, 09:02 AM
aw Debbie,she looks just too cute,I bet she feels great with all that fur gone,very,very pretty:lovestruck:
I think it was good you checked the groomers first,we've heard some bad stories about groomers.

diandpat
August 5th, 2010, 09:34 AM
hahahaha...she is a super model and she knows it :thumbs up Hobo is part shihtzu/wheaten terrier and always looks so different and so funny right after being groomed. The first time he was groomed Pat was so disappointed...he really likes the "Benjie" look but it is not practical.

I love her purple glitter bandana :lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 5th, 2010, 09:58 AM
Aww, she looks absolutely adorable!

BrownEyedGirl
August 5th, 2010, 11:28 AM
What a pretty princess.

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2010, 03:24 PM
Thanks everyone!
Today it is colder out so she was actually trying to get a corner of a blanket to lay on! :laughing: Usually she is always so hot.

I do think she is much more comfortable without all that hair and I know she sure smells better! :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 05:06 PM
:laughing: Shhhhh... she thought she smelled better before. :D

What. A. Doll, TQ!!! :flirt: The first time you see them after a grooming it really can be a shocker! Our springer Priscilla went from a hairy bear to a sleek princess the first time and when they brought her out we thought they had the wrong dog! :laughing: Even her color was more vibrant! :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2010, 11:42 PM
hazel, Mindy is much whiter than she was before. Though today it was pouring and I took her for a walk in the park even though it was raining to try to get her to poop! She hadn't gone for 2 days :crazy: and even though she was wearing her rain coat she got a bit wet and her feet turned brown from getting wet.:( I told hubs she needed a pair of rubber boats so she would stay white! :laughing:

Here are some more pics of the sweetie!

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2010, 11:47 PM
Mindy on her blankie...now that she's bald shes getting chilly. LOL

A pic of her keeping warm on the couch with Darby. :D

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 11:49 PM
A pic of her keeping warm on the couch with Darby. :D

aww that is so cute ! :cloud9:

has she poop yet ?

Tundra_Queen
August 6th, 2010, 12:03 AM
yep she pooped when I took her for a long walk in the rain wearing her snazzy new raincoat LOL I told her she'd better go cause we're not going home until u go #2! LOL

Shaykeija
August 6th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Mindy is just a doll. The groomer must have loved doing her. Tyra stands still while she is groomed. Sir Quincy got shaved right down and the little bugger gets cold. He sleeps under the blanket..Next time you get Mindy groomed get them to shave her face right down. She won't look to head heavy and when she starts to grow out her face won't be so shaggy.

ancientgirl
August 6th, 2010, 08:50 AM
I never noticed, Mindy and Darby sort of have the same coloring. I just love that cut. Is that what they call a puppy cut?

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 11:02 AM
:laughing: Stubborn Mindy!!! She and Lil Belle would get along so well! Belle thinks if her feet get wet she'll melt, so when it's raining or even if the grass is dewy, we just can't get her to stay outside long enough to poop...until she's absolutely desperate, of course, and then she goes out on the landscape rock so she doesn't have to dampen her toes in the grass :rolleyes:

What is it with these Divas? :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
August 6th, 2010, 07:09 PM
Mindy is just a doll. The groomer must have loved doing her. Tyra stands still while she is groomed. Sir Quincy got shaved right down and the little bugger gets cold. He sleeps under the blanket..Next time you get Mindy groomed get them to shave her face right down. She won't look to head heavy and when she starts to grow out her face won't be so shaggy.

Shay, the groomer did like doing her. She said she was so quiet and didn't fuss. She's just a young girl, has only been grooming for 1 year. There are 3 groomers in the shop. Mindy is so soft now I'm always picking her up and snuggling with her...I think she's getting tired of all the attention. :laughing: She's under the computer desk right now hiding. LOL

I will ask next time to shave her face right down so she doesn't look like a chipmunk. :laughing: Mindy wouldn't stand long so the girl had to put another leash around her middle to keep her up! :D

I never noticed, Mindy and Darby sort of have the same coloring. I just love that cut. Is that what they call a puppy cut?

NO, I don't think it is. I think the puppy cut is a couple of inches long, but I'm not sure...shay would know.

I colour co-ordinate a lot of my pets. LOL Tegan and Willie match and they match the floors too. :D

:laughing: Stubborn Mindy!!! She and Lil Belle would get along so well! Belle thinks if her feet get wet she'll melt, so when it's raining or even if the grass is dewy, we just can't get her to stay outside long enough to poop...until she's absolutely desperate, of course, and then she goes out on the landscape rock so she doesn't have to dampen her toes in the grass :rolleyes:

What is it with these Divas? :laughing:

:laughing: Yep Mindy hates getting her feet wet. I have to bring her across the road to the park, cause the park's grass is shorter than ours...so not as wett. :laughing: Cleaning poop off the rocks must be fun eh? :laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 09:52 PM
It's not too hard to clean up as long as it's solid... :o Luckily, Belle is one of our best quality poopers. :laughing:

Brat
August 6th, 2010, 11:14 PM
What a cutie! How can you not just kiss that sweet face all day long!? :lovestruck:

Tundra_Queen
August 7th, 2010, 12:11 AM
It's not too hard to clean up as long as it's solid... :o Luckily, Belle is one of our best quality poopers. :laughing:

:laughing::laughing:

What a cutie! How can you not just kiss that sweet face all day long!? :lovestruck:

Cause she hides under the desk. :laughing:

Shaykeija
August 7th, 2010, 02:21 AM
Mindy thinking...OMG here comes those lips again....:D

Tundra_Queen
August 7th, 2010, 03:19 PM
:laughing::laughing: @ shay! :laughing: