Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

2 lost dogs in Nun's Island

Frenchy
August 4th, 2010, 10:41 AM
The owner was walking her dogs at 9 am this morning and fainted , she was taken to the hospital , and now friends are looking for her dogs who probably took off before the ambulance arrived.

Simon, one eye blind collie and Mia a black lab. If you see them , or find them , please call : (514) 574-2004 or (514) 813-5033.

luckypenny
August 4th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Oh the poor woman :(.

Hope her dogs are found safe and sound and returned to her asap :fingerscr.

Dog Dancer
August 4th, 2010, 11:32 AM
Oh how awful. I worry about stuff like that all the time. I hope the dogs are found and returned safe and sound and that the lady recovers as well.

Frenchy
August 4th, 2010, 11:43 AM
Nun's Island is a small "dog loving" community , so I'm positive these dogs will be found soon. :goodvibes:

hazelrunpack
August 4th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Any word, yet? :fingerscr :goodvibes:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 09:31 AM
They were still missing last night :(

what pisses me off is , when the police was there , attending the lady , there was a dog near they said , but they didn't do nothing about it :wall:

diandpat
August 5th, 2010, 09:32 AM
Those poor pooches...must be so traumatized. :(

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Just heard from Poodletalk , dogs are still missing this morning. :(

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 11:01 AM
:yell:

How big is Nun's Island?

BenMax
August 5th, 2010, 01:23 PM
:yell:

How big is Nun's Island?

Not that big and pretty well situated. Problem is the major autoroute, but I highly doubt they would be around this area. Only other thing I can think of is them making their way to Verdun through the bush...

This is very strange really.:shrug:

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 02:17 PM
I think they would have to swim their way across to get to Verdun or , take the small bridge where there's the bicycle path ? Can they get there through bushes ? :(

rainbow
August 5th, 2010, 02:28 PM
Oh, this is so sad. :(

Does the woman live on Nun's Island? Do the dogs know the area well?

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 02:44 PM
Oh, this is so sad. :(

Does the woman live on Nun's Island? Do the dogs know the area well?

Yes she does , the dogs probably got scared when she fainted , when they saw police and ambulance. :(

rainbow
August 5th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Is the woman okay or still in hospital?

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Think they could possibly be hanging around near her house? :fingerscr

poodletalk
August 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
The woman was found near the major autoroute, there's plenty of fields and bush were the dogs could hide near there. The dogs are really well known in this area, many people are out looking for them. So far, no news.

No, they wouldn't be going to Verdun from Nun's Island, the only way they would be able to do that is, swimming or going on the bike path and taking the boat across which is not possible. Were hoping somone saw them and brought them to their home.

Where she fell isn't all that far from her home, but the dogs haven't been spotted around their either. Keep your fingers crossed for them!

I personally know these dogs, it's a very sad situation.

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 05:30 PM
Sending :goodvibes: and :pray:s too, poodletalk!

poodletalk
August 6th, 2010, 10:08 AM
A new day and the dogs are still lost!

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 11:04 AM
Rats! :( I was hoping for better news...

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 01:31 PM
The woman was found near the major autoroute, there's plenty of fields and bush were the dogs could hide near there. The dogs are really well known in this area, many people are out looking for them. So far, no news.

No, they wouldn't be going to Verdun from Nun's Island, the only way they would be able to do that is, swimming or going on the bike path and taking the boat across which is not possible. Were hoping somone saw them and brought them to their home.

Where she fell isn't all that far from her home, but the dogs haven't been spotted around their either. Keep your fingers crossed for them!

I personally know these dogs, it's a very sad situation.

I was so hoping for some good news. Sorry to hear they haven't been found yet. Is the lady ok, by the way?

poodletalk
August 6th, 2010, 02:57 PM
The lady is still at the hospital, she's coming in and out of her coma. When she's awake, she's very confused and doesn't really remember what happened.

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 08:47 PM
Are they sure she just fainted? Could someone have hit her on the head to steal the dogs? :eek:

Winston
August 6th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know if the media has been involved? If I was to put money on it someone picked up the dogs and are not from the area.

My prayers go out to this poor women and her pups!

poodletalk
August 7th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Rest in peace Simone and MIA!

Frenchy
August 7th, 2010, 10:46 AM
We don't have details but , the lady had the dogs put down before her "accident". For no good reason it seems. :wall:

:rip: Simone and Mia :candle:

:(

hazelrunpack
August 7th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I saw the post on fb! :cry:

chico2
August 7th, 2010, 05:24 PM
OMG...those two beautiful dogs,why on earth did she do that:cry:
If she was ill,I am sure they could have gotten adopted or at least put in a shelter,but too late now,very,very sad:cry:

Golden Girls
August 7th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Rest in Peace Simone & Mia :candle:

the gang
August 7th, 2010, 08:13 PM
poor babies very very sad,:rip:, brenda and the pins

Dog Dancer
August 7th, 2010, 11:10 PM
Whaaat??? OMG what a strange and sad story this turned out to be. How very tragic. :( RIP sweet pups, I think your momma just didn't know what she was doing.