Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

All packed for my vacation...

serenamlambe
August 2nd, 2010, 01:25 PM
Leaving tomorrow to go home to Newfoundland for a while :)

Connor's coming with me and Keely's coming on the 15th with my SO.

We're all excited!

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2010, 02:16 PM
:laughing: looks like they're afraid you'll forget them :p

luckypenny
August 2nd, 2010, 02:31 PM
They have the right idea...all you need to pack is love :lovestruck: :cloud9:.

Keely and Connor look a lot alike. Do you think Keely will end up being bigger than Connor, Serena?

serenamlambe
August 2nd, 2010, 02:58 PM
They do look a lot alike, LP. Even more so when Connor doesn't have his summer haircut!

The lady we got Keely from said that her mother was around 8 pounds and the father was 4 pounds. The mother was a rescue from a puppy mill that ended up pregnant, somehow. I'm not sure if it was before or after the lady acquired her.

Connor is only ten and a half pounds, but he's very tall and skinny. He's always been all bones, though he's putting on a little more weight lately. We're thinking Keely might be smaller in size, judging by the parents, though it's hard to say. She's 5 pounds now at 4 months. I can't quite remember how much Connor weighed at that age, though he was having a lot of problems keeping his food down, so it's hard to compare. She eats like a monster, especially since starting on the phenobarbital.

Any guesses on whether she'll be bigger or smaller? :)

luckypenny
August 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
5 lbs at 4 months...I'm guessing she'll be just as big or bigger. How has she been doing lately? No more seizures :fingerscr? They're both scrumptious :cloud9:.

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2010, 03:05 PM
Any guesses on whether she'll be bigger or smaller? :)

I'm voting they'll be about the same size. :)

Frenchy
August 2nd, 2010, 03:06 PM
5 lbs at 4 months...I'm guessing she'll be just as big or bigger.

I'm voting they'll be about the same size. :)

:yell:

:laughing:

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2010, 03:52 PM
LP is just too quick for you, Frenchy! :p

They are absolutely adorable all packed up and ready to go, Serena!!! :flirt: They'll be so excited when they realize they're going along! :dog:

serenamlambe
August 2nd, 2010, 04:33 PM
5 lbs at 4 months...I'm guessing she'll be just as big or bigger. How has she been doing lately? No more seizures :fingerscr? They're both scrumptious :cloud9:.

Yeah, we've been thinking she'll be about the same weight, but maybe a bit shorter & fatter :laughing::D

No more seizures! She's been doing really great actually. No real side effects from the meds either, with the exception of the increased appetite. We had her phenobarbital levels checked a week ago and they're low - not actually in the therapeutic range. The vet is happy to keep them low though, as long as she's doing good.

She goes in for her next vaccine tomorrow. We're spreading them all out with 4-5 days in between this time though, just as a precaution. Hopefully she'll have no reaction and then we can go ahead with the non-essentials. We spend a lot of time in the park & I'd really like her to have her lepto.

They are absolutely adorable all packed up and ready to go, Serena!!! :flirt: They'll be so excited when they realize they're going along! :dog:

Hahah, they will really be excited! Connor loves going places with me. He's going to be pretty frustrated with having to go in the carrier for the flight though. He's good, but you can tell he doesn't like it in there. He grumps and whines for a while at first. :rolleyes:

It's going to be Keely's first flight & I don't envy SO for having to travel with all her meds, but I'm sure she'll enjoy it! And also the 11 days of one-on-one time with her Dad before their trip :)

Dee-O-Gee
August 2nd, 2010, 09:31 PM
Sounds like a fabulous welcome trip home Serena and hoping Keely has a safe, uneventful flight with your SO. :fingerscr

Make sure you take lots of photos! :thumbs up

Tundra_Queen
August 7th, 2010, 02:39 PM
They are so cute! What kind of pups are they?

My g/f left for Newfoundland Thursday,,,your not meeting up with a cousin from Canmore are u? LOL

Have a great time and I hope the dogs are good on the flight.:)