Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In memory of Taz, new adoptee

Rottielover
July 31st, 2010, 05:56 AM
This is Clara Bell, AKA Clara. She was just adopted by me from Spca Montreal on the 28th. I was there when they brought her in on the 23rd being a stray.
I went downstairs, took a look at her, immediately went to groom her nails with a friend who also helps out there.
Poor thing was so scared she peed, after 5 mins, she calmed down went into my arms for comfort, then allowed us to cut.
Day after day I went there because I could not get her out of my mind, no one claimed her. Once she was property of The Spca, I made my claim to her. I adopted her instantly.
She was supposed to be spayed on the 29th, but too many to do, so kept her another night. Well still not spayed. Full blown heat and bad runs, so the opted to wait until out of heat and better, knowing very well she will never have another litter.
You see, seems that this poor girl was used as a producer in what is commonly known as a Shug ( Very sad ) Shihtzu mixed pug. I see on the internet they are bred often.
I met up with Cpietra last night and she noticed that she may have had a litter no long ago then was dumped.
Either way she has fit right in, and is my shadow, even worse than Harly if you can imagine.
Very soon she will have her own pool and a huge backyard fenced to play in...
Introducing Clara Belle, Approx age 5. She has a vet apt with my vet tomorrow, won't she be in for a shock, LOL

Tundra_Queen
July 31st, 2010, 09:26 AM
awwww she is cute and I'm so glad u adopted her!! What a lucky girl she will be now!!

Love4himies
July 31st, 2010, 09:31 AM
Awwwww, what a sweetie. I am surprised that nobody was looking for her :shrug:

Congrats on the new addition.

diandpat
July 31st, 2010, 09:47 AM
:cloud9::cloud9::cloud9: Such a sweetie!!! Congrats RL. She is definitely safe and sound now! Hope she and Harley get along well...bet she'll be bossing him in no time :laughing:

cpietra16
July 31st, 2010, 09:58 AM
Having met Miss Clara, I must say that she is easy to fall in love with. She was stuck to Rottielovers' leg all night. No matter where Rottielover went Clare was sure to go...she is such a good puppy and quiet:lovestruck:very quiet. Be careful Rottielover, its always calm before the storm. She may just be reeling you in....and then....Bang....Clara will come into her own....hehehe

Kalou
July 31st, 2010, 10:00 AM
She is so cute!

cell
July 31st, 2010, 10:08 AM
Congrats!
She looks almost full pug until you see that overbite!

The Montreal SPCA does tend to have some very good looking, designer and purebred dogs, people are always surprised when I tell them that Leo came from the shelter because he looks better then most people's breeder bought dogs (but I am biased).

Rottielover
July 31st, 2010, 10:32 AM
She is way too tiny to be pure, she is very slim and her body style is so not a pug, just the face and coat

Rottielover
July 31st, 2010, 10:27 PM
I deleted what I wrote, not worth it.

Shaykeija
August 1st, 2010, 11:35 AM
Well if she is not just the cutiest little baby. She would fit right in here lol. Wanna ship her here for an extended play date? LOL

Sylvie
August 1st, 2010, 11:39 AM
OMG she is so adorable. She sounds like a real cutie pie.

Thank you for showing her that there is good people in the world. :thumbs up

marko
August 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
She is so beautiful Rottielover :) - Congrats!

chico2
August 1st, 2010, 04:37 PM
I would not say she's beautiful:laughing:but like most pugs,really,really cute:lovestruck:

Golden Girls
August 1st, 2010, 07:01 PM
Never heard of a Shug oh my, she's awefully cute though. Good luck with her vet appointment tomorrow :goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 1st, 2010, 07:38 PM
She's quite the cutie.:lovestruck:

Luvmypitgirls
August 7th, 2010, 03:38 AM
Rottielover, congrats on the adoption of your beautiful new girl. No doubt she will have many wonderful years, and most importantly will know the meaning of "being loved and adored".

Rottielover
August 7th, 2010, 04:29 PM
She is the most darling. I am not used to small dogs at all, but she plays with the big boys. She truly has won harley over with her crazy antics.

erykah1310
August 7th, 2010, 10:21 PM
Aww, how cute is she?

Dee-O-Gee
August 7th, 2010, 10:34 PM
What a sweet Clara and glad to hear she's showing the boys who's boss! :D

:offtopic:

My Grandpa had a pug named Cinnamon! :cloud9:

She would lick Grandpa's cigar for him then he would strike his match and light his cigar. After puffing up a cloud of smoke, Grandpa would hold the lite match down towards Cinnamon and she would snort/spit to extinguish the flame. :D

Both Grandpa and Cinnamon where quite the characters! :lovestruck: