Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

vacation at the lake house (as I call it)

breeze
July 30th, 2010, 05:36 PM
one of our friends loaned us their place near a lake for a week,since Mike is on vacation AND we were able to bring the beasts we accepted her offer.
We never have seen the place so we kinda went in blind, didn't know what to expect.....

She did warn us that there was a lot of stairs, but this many!! :eek: OMG 120 stairs just to get to the green house

breeze
July 30th, 2010, 05:40 PM
we had to tie up the dogs for a bit until we could get some of our stuff down the first flight of stairs.

It was well worth the trip, once my legs got over the shock :laughing:
this is from the living room window

I then had to tell my legs that there was more stairs to get to the lake!!!! :eek::laughing:

breeze
July 30th, 2010, 05:44 PM
Waking up every morning and going outside for this beautiful,peaceful view
thought I died and went to heaven

breeze
July 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
there is also a part 2

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71755

Rick C
July 30th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Ah . . . . . the salad days.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

Frenchy
July 30th, 2010, 06:45 PM
this is from the living room window

:eek: wow , that is awesome ! :cloud9: I'm guessing that is up north ? They have so many nice lakes there and nice cabins / houses :cloud9:

Goldfields
July 30th, 2010, 07:40 PM
It's magnificent but .... been there, done that as regards accepting accommodation sight unseen. LOL. I did for just a dog show weekend and ended up at a friend's home that was perched on such a steep incline I was scared to drive my car up the drive. Lots of steps up to the porch, with a railing around it that would stop me from falling off it, but didn't save one of my shelties. Fortunately the fall didn't hurt her but I was scared stiff she'd take off into the bush in fright. In the dark I'd never find her, if I could fit between the close growing gum trees. Never again!!
Glad it was nice for you though once you settled in. Love your photo of the dog with the lake behind it.

breeze
July 30th, 2010, 08:16 PM
Ah . . . . . the salad days.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

:laughing::laughing: no really we ate very good :laughing::laughing:

:eek: wow , that is awesome ! :cloud9: I'm guessing that is up north ? They have so many nice lakes there and nice cabins / houses :cloud9:

yes up north about 1 1/2 hours away. the house was small made for one person, but we all fit :) as long as we left a light on so we don't trip on the dogs.:laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2010, 08:35 PM
The dogs look very wet and relaxed and happy! :D That really is a beautiful view! :cloud9:

Love4himies
July 30th, 2010, 08:48 PM
Looks beautiful, breeze, even if the quarters were a little cramped :laughing: :lovestruck:

growler~GateKeeper
July 31st, 2010, 12:35 AM
Gorgeous views :cloud9:

Tundra_Queen
July 31st, 2010, 01:53 PM
breeze I was wondering what ledge u were talking about in part 2,,,I read that one first...now I know! It's breath taking though. You all must of had a blast!

was that in chapleau?

luckypenny
August 1st, 2010, 08:03 AM
one of our friends loaned us their place near a lake for a week,since Mike is on vacation AND we were able to bring the beasts we accepted her offer.
We never have seen the place so we kinda went in blind, didn't know what to expect.....

Certainly no disappointment once you arrived, that's for sure! What a lovely place and so glad you had the opportunity to enjoy it :goodvibes:.

breeze
August 2nd, 2010, 06:44 PM
breeze I was wondering what ledge u were talking about in part 2,,,I read that one first...now I know! It's breath taking though. You all must of had a blast!

was that in chapleau?

no it was in St Donat north of Montreal:thumbs up:cloud9:

ancientgirl
August 2nd, 2010, 07:09 PM
What an amazing view! Well worth all those stairs. Although, I bet you made sure you have everything you need so you don't have to deal with all those stairs!

breeze
August 2nd, 2010, 08:34 PM
What an amazing view! Well worth all those stairs. Although, I bet you made sure you have everything you need so you don't have to deal with all those stairs!

yes we did make sure we had everything we needed,
but actually we climbed the stairs everyday to make sure we could make it back up when it was time for us to leave..:)

I did relize that I was no spring chicken any more though :eek::laughing: