Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Bailey has come home until its time to cross over....

cpietra16
July 30th, 2010, 05:57 PM
Bailey's health declined so quickly no one saw it coming. One week he is fighting for food and the last possible scrap, the next he went into hiding and only came out for drinks. He has not touched food in two days, other than force feeding him some broth. I took him to the vets. He is approximately 20 years old and his kidneys are failing rapidly. He is not in pain, but if he starts throwing up a lot , I will need to take him in and help him crossover, but until then he is home with me.

So far he is under my bed after spending a few minutes outside enjoying the grass and dirt under his feet, his last.....:(
The vet gives him anywhere between a few hours to a few days...he will die in my arms if I can help it, where he belongs. :(

diandpat
July 30th, 2010, 05:59 PM
:cry::cry::cry: so sad. Hope he gets to leave on his own terms and in your loving arms where he belongs.

Godspeed!

Love4himies
July 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I am so sorry, cpietra :cry: :grouphug::grouphug:

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2010, 06:05 PM
I'm so sorry, cpietra :grouphug: :cry: We're here for you :2huggers:

aslan
July 30th, 2010, 06:06 PM
Cpeitra i'm so sorry to hear about Bailey,,but glad he will be with those that love him right til the end...:grouphug:

14+kitties
July 30th, 2010, 06:32 PM
:grouphug: cpietra :grouphug: Enjoy your remaining time with Bailey. It will give you some lovely memories later.

CsqU4r3d
July 30th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Peaceful crossing to Bailey :angel2::cry:

Winston
July 30th, 2010, 07:15 PM
Cpietra16 my heart is with you mf...as I write this the tears are streaming down my face...I am so glad that you are able to bring your beloved Bailey home with you. That is a wonderful way to see him off.

I wish you peace mf. You have been there for me so much during my own heart ache...know I am here for you!

Enjoy this time and send your baby off with lots of kisses and the love you have!

Cindy

Fly free little one! :candle:

mastifflover
July 30th, 2010, 07:36 PM
I am glad that Bailey will be with you. I am so sorry you are going through this my heart breaks for you. We are all here for you but for now enjoy your time together:grouphug:

krdahmer
July 30th, 2010, 07:37 PM
:cry: Oh I'm so sorry. Fit in as many hugs and kisses as you can. :pray: that he does not suffer at all. :grouphug::candle:

Frenchy
July 30th, 2010, 07:43 PM
I am so sorry cpietra :( :grouphug:

mikischo
July 30th, 2010, 09:54 PM
I'm so sorry to hear this, cpietra.:grouphug: Thanks to your care and love, he has had a good long life, but I know it is never long enough. My thoughts are with you and Bailey.

Tundra_Queen
July 31st, 2010, 05:35 AM
cpietra I'm so sorry to hear about poor Bailey. :grouphug:

Rottielover
July 31st, 2010, 06:07 AM
Bailey I saw you last night, I wish you a peaceful crossover. You have changed so much since I saw you last.
Cpietra, you did the right thing by bringing him home.

cpietra16
July 31st, 2010, 10:03 AM
Bailey made it thru the night. He got water and tuna juice all night to keep him hydrated. He gave me a fright this morning because I could not find him anywhere.
I finally found him after 1/2 hour, hidden very well, away from all the others. :(
I am so selfish. It's hard to let go, But I told him that he could leave at anytime. He had a hard life and he deserves some peace.

luckypenny
July 31st, 2010, 10:09 AM
I'm so sorry cpietra :( :grouphug:. Wishing you strength, courage, and lots of love.

joeysmama
July 31st, 2010, 12:50 PM
You're a kind soul...my heart just aches for what you're going through!

binkybuff
July 31st, 2010, 01:22 PM
when my old cat was dying of kidney failure, she tried to hide. (this was at least 5 years ago)

One day when I called she came from under the bed, and couldn't walk well, so it was the time. I wrapped her up in a blanket, and held her for a long time, until she took her last breath.

I would say, Bailey knows it is about time, and I hope that you are able to hold him at the end. Bless you for looking after him.

:rip: Bailey.

take care
binky

PumpkinPal
July 31st, 2010, 01:52 PM
I'm so very sorry Cpietra. :cry:

Sending gentle comfort and wishing a peaceful passing for
Bailey. :candle:

I'm sure you've given him many years of laughter and love. Let
those happy memories give you peace when the time comes. :grouphug:

kvandiver
July 31st, 2010, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear about bailey's declining health.
I also suffer with the declining health of my dog Heidi.

I just became a member today, and I'm learning how to navigate on this site.
Just want to say, my prayers are with you.

cpietra16
July 31st, 2010, 02:26 PM
Bailey went over the bridge at 2:05pm. I had him outside in the sun for 20 minutes...he started to breathe in deeply. I knew it was time to bring him in.

I held him and finally put him down on the floor...where his back legs started racing as if running....I told him not to stop and to keep running....and at 2:05...he go the other side, in a full gallop. Rest in Peace my little fighter.

It was truly a pleasure to have had you.
Rest in Peace Bailey.
Month unknown, 1990 - July 31, 2010 at 2:05pm.

14+kitties
July 31st, 2010, 02:30 PM
:candle::rip: Bailey :candle:
:grouphug: cpietra My heart is breaking for you. :grouphug::cry:

hazelrunpack
July 31st, 2010, 02:31 PM
:candle: Bailey :cry:

2sheltiesmom
July 31st, 2010, 02:34 PM
:pray:I hope Bailey will cross over the Rainbow Bridge peacefully, and that all the loving kindness you shared will help to comfort you.

sugarcatmom
July 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
Oh cpietra16, big hugs to you for your loss, and for being so brave through this.

Rest in peace, dear Bailey. :candle:

Winston
July 31st, 2010, 02:37 PM
God Bless you my friend! Bailey is at peace now. You loved him right to the last gallop over and thats means so much! Be at peace ...

Run free bailey! you were so dearly loved.
:rip::candle:

CIndy

the gang
July 31st, 2010, 04:23 PM
im truley sorry for your loss :cry: run free baily, this happenened to us thursday night with sierra, hugs, brenda and the pins:rip:

Dog Dancer
July 31st, 2010, 04:54 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss, but also glad that you were with Bailey at the end. I know some people who don't want to be there, but truly I think it's a special time and so important to try and be with them. Bailey ran to the bridge knowing how deeply he was loved. RIP sweet Bailey, watch over your humans from above now.

CsqU4r3d
July 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM
I am so sorry for your loss...Bailey now runs free with many others..:angel2::cry::candle:

Love4himies
July 31st, 2010, 06:22 PM
Oh cpietra, I am so sorry :cry::cry::(. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: to you and your family.

:rip: Bailey, I know I don't have to tell you but you had a real special momma. Please look over her :candle:

mastifflover
July 31st, 2010, 09:24 PM
I am so sorry. But Bailey is now running free RIP sweet Bailey. I am glad you were with Bailey

BrownEyedGirl
July 31st, 2010, 10:11 PM
Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry. RIP sweet Bailey. I have tears in my eyes. I'm sorry for your loss.

PumpkinPal
August 1st, 2010, 03:41 AM
So sorry. :cry::cry::cry:

I'm glad Bailey spent his final moments in the arms of love. Run free
beautiful angel. :candle:

Blessings to you cpietra. :grouphug:

mikischo
August 1st, 2010, 03:44 AM
I'm so sorry for your loss.

:candle: Run free, sweet :angel2: Bailey :cat: :candle:

luckypenny
August 1st, 2010, 08:57 AM
:candle: Bailey :candle:

chico2
August 1st, 2010, 09:08 AM
cpietra,what can I say:(
I know even if Bailey lived a long happy life,filled with love,it's never enough,the loss not any easier,but know we all care and mourn with you.
:rip:Bailey

Frenchy
August 1st, 2010, 11:09 AM
So sorry for your loss cpietra :grouphug:

:rip: dear Bailey. :candle:

Shaykeija
August 1st, 2010, 11:29 AM
I am so sorry for youe loss...:candle::rip::pray::cat:

growler~GateKeeper
August 1st, 2010, 11:59 PM
:rip: sweet :angel2: Bailey :candle: He is playing at the Rainbow Bridge (http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html) with those who've gone before :candle: :grouphug:

JennieV
August 6th, 2010, 11:13 AM
I just saw this now, cpietra, I am so so sorry for your loss.. My deepest sympathy and my heart goes out to you. You probably know, that not only you were blessed with a special time to say goodbye, but Bailey was blessed to go in such a way, comforted with love and in his mommy's arms..

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:
:candle:Bailey:candle:

Jim Hall
August 6th, 2010, 12:24 PM
how are you doing cp?

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Hi Jim, I am doing well. Its hard to walk into areas where Bailey became a fixture and is no longer there. Hardest part is when I call in all the cats for their snacks and he is not there. he was the loudest and most aggressive " me first me first me first " kind of kitty...that, I miss.
I miss his pawing my face in the middle of the night for his daily dose of petting ( 2:00am--his favorite time...UGH)...miss little things. But I think life needs to go on. The other cats seem to have given up looking and they seem to know. As you know, losing a part of the family is always not always easy, but....

Love4himies
August 6th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Jim, I am doing well. Its hard to walk into areas where Bailey became a fixture and is no longer there. Hardest part is when I call in all the cats for their snacks and he is not there. he was the loudest and most aggressive " me first me first me first " kind of kitty...that, I miss.
I miss his pawing my face in the middle of the night for his daily dose of petting ( 2:00am--his favorite time...UGH)...miss little things. But I think life needs to go on. The other cats seem to have given up looking and they seem to know. As you know, losing a part of the family is always not always easy, but....

:cry::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

Winston
August 6th, 2010, 01:51 PM
Oh my friend I feel your pain....somedays are worse than others....its those things I miss so much too! especially when my boy would snuggle with me in the middle of the night...:cry: I am here for you!

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 04:01 PM
thanks Winston and you know that goes both ways....:grouphug:

chico2
August 6th, 2010, 04:53 PM
Winston,cpietra,I am looking at my Rocky right now snoozing here beside me,he had a good day today,was outside most of the day with us,even played a little,the thought of losing him is an impossible thought,I so understand how you must feel,I just love Rocky so much,he's my soulmate.:pawprint:

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 05:17 PM
oh Chico...It is hard and will always be hard...no matter how prepared you are. I knew Bailey was leaving and yet, when he did, it was so hard to believe it. I thought I was prepared. It feels almost surreal at times.

You always think they will live forever...:(

Luvmypitgirls
August 9th, 2010, 02:03 AM
:candle:My heartfelt condolences for your loss.:cry:
Bailey run young and free at the Bridge sweet baby:candle: