Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

~Faith~ Yellow Labrador Retriever X, Mtl., QC

luckypenny
July 30th, 2010, 01:58 PM
Faith is our latest rescue from a northern community where she was found with a broken electrical wire attached to her collar. She arrived in Montreal 2 days ago and was rushed into emergency surgery due to a serious eye injury (her eye could not be saved).

She is approximately 1 1/2 years old, 52 lbs, now spayed and vaccinated. A remarkable dog considering what she has gone through (a real favorite with the staff at the veterinary hospital), good with dogs and loves people. On her way to recovery, she will soon be looking for her forever home where she will be cherished and cared for as a loving family member. For more information, or to fill out an adoption application, please visit www.rosieanimaladoption.ca (Faith's bio will be up on the site shortly).

hazelrunpack
July 30th, 2010, 03:16 PM
Oh, she looks like a sweetheart! :flirt: I'm so glad she's in loving hands now! I hope her forever home comes along soon! :goodvibes:

growler~GateKeeper
July 31st, 2010, 12:26 AM
:goodvibes: for a furever home soon & speedy healing :goodvibes:

luckypenny
August 4th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Dog-gooders: Canine care is labour of love

By MIKE BOONE, The Gazette August 4, 2010

Anne Dube has a thing for one-eyed dogs.

As fetishes go, it's fairly benign -but very expensive.

Faith is an 18-month-old Labrador retriever whose right eye was surgically removed last week at the Pierrefonds Animal Hospital. The bill for that surgery, plus stitching up the dog's damaged ear and spaying her, has topped $1,000 and the meter is still running on post-op meds.

The dog is from Waskaganish, a James Bay community where an animal-loving good Samaritan teaches French in an elementary school. Since December, France Cadieux has sent 32 dogs, which would otherwise be euthanized, to Rosie Animal Adoption in Montreal.

"She pays out of her own pocket," said Dube, who picks up the dogs at the airport and attends to their veterinary needs. Much of it is routine stuff, but there have been four cases of parvovirus, treatment of which is a four-digit veterinarian's bill.

"Most come in very healthy and they're very nice dogs," she added. "They have to be vaccinated and neutered, but Faith is the first one with serious health problems."

Dube emailed pictures of Faith, posing with Pierrefonds Animal Hospital technician Megan Fontaine after the dog's surgery. She didn't send any "before" photos because Dube deemed them too graphic.

"Her eyeball was hanging out," Dube said, "and her ear looked like it had been cut with scissors. She was in so much pain, but when she came out of the cage she still wagged her tail and let everybody pet her."

Read more: http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/gooders+Canine+care+labour+love/3357133/story.html#ixzz0vdpC9zbI

http://www.montrealgazette.com/life/gooders+Canine+care+labour+love/3357133/story.html

BenMax
August 4th, 2010, 08:47 AM
LP - a huge hug to Ann for helping this deserving soul. This is what real rescue is all about!:thumbs up:grouphug:

Dog Dancer
August 4th, 2010, 11:17 AM
How wonderful for Faith that she was rescued and will now be cared for lovingly. I'm certain she'll find a forever home soon, she's too sweet. Bless all of those who have helped her along this road.

Frenchy
August 4th, 2010, 11:28 AM
This rescue was actually named after a one eye dog :thumbs up

good on them to take in these dogs , James Bay is not a place for them :(

luckypenny
August 4th, 2010, 12:27 PM
LP - a huge hug to Ann

Absolutely will do! She and France, the teacher from James Bay, will be here visiting this weekend. Because of her, we have Nukka :cloud9:. I can't wait for them to be reunited :goodvibes:.

chico2
August 4th, 2010, 04:32 PM
What a terribly sad story,but I am glad she is now cared for,hopefully a home will be waiting for her in the near future:pray:

14+kitties
August 4th, 2010, 10:00 PM
What a sweetheart. I hope she finds her furever home soon. She deserves it! :cloud9:

luckypenny
August 8th, 2010, 07:01 PM
I spent some time with Faith yesterday and fell instantly in love :goodvibes:. The feelings were obviously mutual...she gently nudged my fingers to pet her and then rolled on to her back for a massage...then got up as soon as I paused to ask the next person for the same :rolleyes: :D. She loves everyone, I've never met a more calm and gentle soul. She's a wee little girl who just sits there looking thoughtfully at her surroundings (prolly scoping for the next person who may be willing to give her lovings :cloud9:).

For all she's been through, she can't be a more prefect pup :lovestruck:.

TeriM
August 8th, 2010, 07:11 PM
She sounds wonderful :lovestruck:. To bad things are still a bit wacky with your dogs cause she would probably be a great mix with Penny :D.

That rescue woman sounds amazing :thumbs up.