Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

August 2010 photo challenge - Pets and (interesting) backgrounds

14+kitties
August 2nd, 2010, 09:29 AM
So what's the challenge for this month? How about interesting backdrops for photos? Draped sheets, in tubs, beautiful scenery, etc? Or being loved by their favourite person? :shrug:

I like the interesting background idea.:D

What about "pairs"? Chico2's pics of ying & yang :thumbs up (aka Vinnie & Chico) got me thinking. Or "opposites"?
Maybe "ying & yang" would work... interpret as you like, could be dogs and cats, flowers and weeds, hot and cold, etc...

What about "pairs"? Chico2's pics of ying & yang :thumbs up (aka Vinnie & Chico) got me thinking. Or "opposites"?
Maybe "ying & yang" would work... interpret as you like, could be dogs and cats, flowers and weeds, hot and cold, etc...

I like that too. I have lots of pairs. :D Are you gonna "borrow" another pup for a pair otter? :p

Ok, August is now here. Who is going to be the deciding vote? I have to head to work so someone make a decision. :D I'm too tired today. :o

Ok then - I'll cast the deciding vote :)
seems we have 2 for backgrounds and 2 for pairs....but since many members like me have no pairs...I vote for backgrounds :D

Merging suggestion posts now.

marko
August 2nd, 2010, 09:34 AM
ok Members - suggestion posts merged and the goal this month should be to photograph pets against an interesting background.

Some ideas from 14+ include; Draped sheets, in tubs, beautiful scenery, etc. Or being loved by their favourite person.....and there are many other creative possibilities if we put our thinking caps on... :)

Ok then - who will post first?

hazelrunpack
August 2nd, 2010, 10:13 AM
Does this count? Cole himself as the interesting background... :D

diandpat
August 2nd, 2010, 10:48 AM
Love how Cole's collar matches the jacket! :thumbs up

Ziggy "found" the garden yesterday and stayed there for almost an hour :laughing::laughing::laughing:

growler~GateKeeper
August 3rd, 2010, 12:04 AM
Here's my mums' cat KitKat who nearly blends into the background :laughing:

14+kitties
August 3rd, 2010, 06:00 AM
I love those pics!!!! :cloud9: Thanks for choosing my theme Marko! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 3rd, 2010, 07:27 AM
Great photos! Kitkat is a beautiful girl! Ziggy looks like he's up to no good. :laughing: And Cole seems to be on a mission!

Dog Dancer
August 4th, 2010, 10:31 AM
This is Shadow and Halo when they were in Beirut. Well fine, that's what we called the backyard when it was under "renovation".

Frenchy
August 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Not sure I got this right but ... here's some camouflage pictures :p

Frenchy
August 4th, 2010, 11:12 AM
1. Jack with doggies in the background :dog:
2. A friend , outside with Churchill :) (I was inside and when I saw them outside , thought it looked very nostalgic)

diandpat
August 4th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Not sure I got this right but ... here's some camouflage pictures :p

Any excuse to see everyone's furkids is getting it right :thumbs up

Beirut :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Thanks goodness Kitkat has green eyes or would disappear

Frenchy, love the "doggie background" lol

:thumbs up

Dog Dancer
August 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
I love all the pics. I agree any excuse for pet pics. Frenchy I love the black and white nostalgia pic.

3GirlsDad
August 5th, 2010, 01:37 PM
I know it says 3GirlsDad but this is my new boy Porter.

Kalou
August 5th, 2010, 03:48 PM
Some pictures of Kalou and Roo.

Dee-O-Gee
August 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Interesting back drops-humph? :confused:

Can the animal be the back drop? :D

Rick C
August 16th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Below, Keeper and Abby, crossing a stream at Ptarmigan Cirque, about 8,000 feet up.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_3877-edit2.jpg

Below, Keeper intimidated by two big free-ranging horses . . . . they were running free, although belonging to someone, on a trail that connects three, far-flung ranches on the Eastern Slopes of the Rockies.

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_0204-edit1.jpg

Abby and Keeper among the larches in late October, at Chester Lake, in Kananaskis Country, Alberta.

http://www.goldentales.ca/DSC_0916-edit1.jpg

Below, Abby with a big prairie sky and weathered sandstone formations . . . . all common on the prairie.

http://www.goldentales.ca/CSC_1066-edit1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

14+kitties
August 16th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Ok Rick, you win!!!! :thumbs up Beautiful as always!!!
This theme doesn't seem to be doing very well. I didn't think it would be that difficult to find pics. :shrug: But then again, maybe so.

breeze
August 16th, 2010, 10:29 AM
Ok Rick, you win!!!! :thumbs up

not so fast 14+ :D
where's yours 14+?? where's Marko?? and some other peoples??:D:D

:laughing:

14+kitties
August 16th, 2010, 10:41 AM
not so fast 14+ :D
where's yours 14+?? where's Marko?? and some other peoples??:D:D
:laughing:

I know! That's what I said. I guess it's a hard challenge. :shrug: Half way through August and still on page one. :(
My good camera was in the shop until Saturday. I am going to see if I can get some interesting shots later today. Just have to find some willing participants in this heat! :yuck: I'll come up with something. :fingerscr

breeze
August 16th, 2010, 10:55 AM
yes, maybe it's the heat and the humidity and the rain :(
yes, we need better weather that's what it is....:D

sugarcatmom
August 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
A good friend of mine and her daughter (both big cat lovers) made this bed for Aztec:

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f177/aztec_egypt/Recent%20Aztec/newbed2.jpg

The 4 triangular pocketes are filled with catnip :D. He seems to like it :laughing:.

shirley1011
August 20th, 2010, 08:41 AM
Jack and a background of pillows!68522

CarolynInPEI
August 20th, 2010, 09:52 AM
This was taken when Angus was a bit younger (not that he's old at 6.5 months!). DH is in the background trying to get Angus to go fetch!

marko
August 28th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Such cute shots everyone:highfive:

Don't know how interesting these backgrounds are and these were shot on an Iphone, but here goes:
Shot 1 - Zig at the park
Shot 2 - Back seat dogs

daveman
October 6th, 2010, 09:34 AM
cute pictures