Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Gerri...Update

JennieV
July 27th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Hey all,
Well, seems that something is helping, or maybe all of it combined, so Gerri is enjoying limited access to me and unlimited access to her older brother...
I have been wiping her with a wet cloth every night, but what really made a difference for me is to limit her access to my bedroom for now. Plus, the air purifier that is on non-stop and I think we are getting to a point of tolerable existance...LOL
So, without further blah blah : here she is..

You are supposed to be CUTE!! at least mommy says so!! :evil: Kitty!

Post-Play, chilling within a safe distance from mommy..
(I think she was posing..! :laughing:)

Dog Dancer
July 27th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Sparky and Gerri seem to be happy together! Such sweet pics. Glad it all seems to be working itself out.

14+kitties
July 27th, 2010, 01:43 PM
:flirt: OH my gosh!! She is looking so so much better than when you first got her a few weeks back! Look how big she's getting!! Good job mf!! I am so glad you found some things that are helping. The purifier is a great asset! Maybe one more for your room would help too. I have a small one I keep running when my youngest stepson is home. He has *cough cough* allergies.:rolleyes:
Something else that may help, and it won't be a popular thing, is to vaccuum daily. NOT that your place is dirty! But cat fur seems to magically settle in new places daily. I find that helps here a bit. At least if I do I don't hear the constant whining about cat fur anyway. :laughing:
I love how well Sparky and Gerri get along!! :cloud9:

BenMax
July 27th, 2010, 02:08 PM
JennieV - they are absolutely yummy together.:cloud9:. Gerri looks so wonderful and has such a sweet little mug.:lovestruck:

JennieV
July 27th, 2010, 02:10 PM
:laughing: 14+, I vacuum 3 times a week and wash floors 2 times. I dont have carpets, only a couple of runners in the kitchen. For now, I have just excluded my bedroom alltogether.
:shrug: Whatever works!!! I'll do whatever it takes as long as it takes... Until I can't do it anymore... :rolleyes:

I will upload a video or two tonight, don't have access at work...

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2010, 09:09 PM
She and Sparky love each other already! :lovestruck: And no wonder--they both belong to the Extreme Cuteness Club! :flirt:

I'm glad you're tolerating the allergy part of it a little better. :grouphug: Maybe with time you'll become less sensitive to her? :fingerscr

JennieV
July 27th, 2010, 09:59 PM
Thats what I am hoping for Hazel, right now its a matter of toughing it out, which I am trying to do, and seems to be getting better :)
I feel bad that I have to exclude them out of my bedroom, but at least she is not alone, locked in the bathroom.. :shrug: she curls up with Sparky and :sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy:

luckypenny
July 27th, 2010, 10:49 PM
Is Gerri ever a cutie-pie :cloud9:. Is that doggy slobber drying on her mane :D? I can't get over what a good boy Sparky is :lovestruck:.

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2010, 10:54 PM
Sparky would never slobber on his bff!! :laughing:

luckypenny
July 27th, 2010, 11:00 PM
I don't know about that...her fur is looking a little spiky. Besides, if slobber is good for the skin, it must be good for fur too :D.

hazelrunpack
July 27th, 2010, 11:02 PM
It does make an excellent mousse! :thumbs up

14+kitties
July 27th, 2010, 11:31 PM
:laughing: 14+, I vacuum 3 times a week and wash floors 2 times. I dont have carpets, only a couple of runners in the kitchen. For now, I have just excluded my bedroom alltogether.
:shrug: Whatever works!!! I'll do whatever it takes as long as it takes... Until I can't do it anymore... :rolleyes:

I will upload a video or two tonight, don't have access at work...

Well you'd think that would be enough then huh? :laughing::laughing: I think you are well on the track to success. Gerri is a sweet little one. Very precious. I know you love her. Sparky sure does too! :cloud9:

Frenchy
July 28th, 2010, 10:02 AM
Post-Play, chilling within a safe distance from mommy..
(I think she was posing..! :laughing:)

I think so too :laughing: omg she's so cute :lovestruck: and playing with Sparky , too funny :cloud9:

mastifflover
July 28th, 2010, 10:17 AM
They are very cute and slobber is a sign of love speaking from experience.

JennieV
July 28th, 2010, 10:30 AM
:rolleyes: LOL... yes, that is slobber
she is full of slobber when they are done playing...but she gets wiped down with a warm wet cloth anyway, so all is good... The best part is... she looks for him and she follows him around, and runs in between his legs an he just stands there, watching her.. As soon as he hears her squeak (I thought kitties supposed to meow?? :laughing:) he runs to check on her...lol...waits patiently when she is in the litterbox...eats her food, while waiting :frustrated:::rolleyes::laughing:
I think this is gonna work... :thumbs up:D
And I get greeted in the morning with a Meeep Meeeeeep (thats what she sounds like...lol) :laughing::p

cpietra16
July 28th, 2010, 11:09 AM
She sure is a :cloud9::lovestruck:. She looks like my Little Nickie, and if she is anything like her, you sure have a feisty little girl on your hands...:D

JennieV
July 28th, 2010, 11:15 AM
I will try to capture it next time, but sometimes Sparky and Gerri are playing...and I'll call Sparky's name, he lifts his head and she is just hanging there, on his face, upside down... LOL.. I usually tell him: "Spark, you got yourself a kitteh beard!" :laughing:

BrownEyedGirl
July 28th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Too cute for words. I love the pic of Gerri posing.

ancientgirl
July 28th, 2010, 11:24 AM
I'm so glad things are getting tolerable for you. I think with time you may be able to get somewhat immune and your reaction to her won't be as bad as it may be now.

I love that picture of her, paws crossed. What a doll.:lovestruck: Sparky must be thrilled with his new playmate.:D

chico2
July 29th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Jennie,I just had one of those moments,I thought you were writing about a certain little person we all know:laughing::laughing:
I thought OH no,what's wrong:loser:
The even smaller furry Gerri,is cute beyond words:cloud9:

krdahmer
July 29th, 2010, 02:20 PM
:cloud9::lovestruck: oh that pic with her paws crossed on the chair is just adorable!!! and what a great name too! :thumbs up

JennieV
August 3rd, 2010, 11:27 PM
Things are going really well... I can now spend a few hours next to her, without feeling like I am dying. :highfive: Heres is some cuteness.. sorry its such a crappy quality, but it was too cute not to share.....

Shaykeija
August 4th, 2010, 12:49 AM
Ah you were chewed up by the kitten love bug. Unfortunately there is no pill or cure. It is a lie long condition...Enjoy. Cute little buggers lol:laughing::cloud9:

chico2
August 4th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Awww Jennie,she's so content and comfy and Sparky is such a sweet brother,I :pray:you can keep her,that your allergies will somehow adjust to cuteness:fingerscr

luckypenny
August 4th, 2010, 09:08 AM
Thought you might like this Jennie :cloud9:.

chico2
August 4th, 2010, 09:28 AM
L-P,that is just beautiful:cloud9:

JennieV
August 4th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Awww Jennie,she's so content and comfy and Sparky is such a sweet brother,I :pray:you can keep her,that your allergies will somehow adjust to cuteness:fingerscr

its working... I dont know, it took long, but I am adjusting :thumbs up... I think my system went into shock at first..:laughing:

JennieV
August 4th, 2010, 10:07 AM
LP, thats awesome! :thumbs up

ancientgirl
August 4th, 2010, 02:33 PM
I'm so glad you're tolerating her better. It's hard those first few days, weeks, months. :laughing: But eventually you do build a tolerance.

JennieV
August 4th, 2010, 03:41 PM
I'm so glad you're tolerating her better. It's hard those first few days, weeks, months. :laughing: But eventually you do build a tolerance.

Shhhhhh... don't tell me that I can add another one someday... :rolleyes: SHHHHHH!!!!!!!
(:eek: seriously, if all goes well with her, maybe in a few months I will add another kitty.. but right now I take one day at a time and try my best...)
:goodvibes::goodvibes:

ancientgirl
August 4th, 2010, 03:46 PM
Shhhhhh... don't tell me that I can add another one someday... :rolleyes: SHHHHHH!!!!!!!
(:eek: seriously, if all goes well with her, maybe in a few months I will add another kitty.. but right now I take one day at a time and try my best...)
:goodvibes::goodvibes:

With each new cat you'll likely have to go through the adjustment period. Maybe you should get that other kitty now, that way you can adjust to both of them together. :D

JennieV
August 4th, 2010, 04:26 PM
With each new cat you'll likely have to go through the adjustment period. Maybe you should get that other kitty now, that way you can adjust to both of them together. :D

:eek::eek:

You have now planted the seed! :eek:

:laughing:
I can't right now, I need to take care of Gerri and Sparky first. Unless its an already neutered/spayed kitten, then ok... LOL :frustrated: AG!! You gonna get me in trouble!!!!!!!

BrownEyedGirl
August 4th, 2010, 04:39 PM
When we first got Izzy, my allergies acted up something fierce. Itchy, swollen eyes, itchy throat, even wheezing at time. Changing the litter helped a little but taking a Claratin daily helped a lot. I dont even take the claratin, only once every few months when my regular allergies act up. It took a few months maybe, but I did adjust to having Izzy and now all is good. :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 4th, 2010, 10:48 PM
She is soooooooooo adorable!!!! Just like her namesake. :D:laugh::laugh: Ok, so her namesake isn't quite that cute but..........
I am so so glad you are getting better around Gerri. It's great to hear she can be near you and you aren't ripping out your throat now. It was meant to be.
Just don't get too carried away with another little one right now young lady. (shakes finger) You need to look after you too!!
:grouphug: Congrats!!!

hazelrunpack
August 5th, 2010, 12:23 AM
Maybe you should get that other kitty now, that way you can adjust to both of them together. :D

And temptation rears its ugly head with a little help from AG :p

I'm so glad that you're adjusting to the little munchkin, Jennie!! She's such a sweetie and you can tell she's lovin' her new brother and mom :cloud9: One big happy family!!!!

Tundra_Queen
August 5th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Gee, when I saw Gerri in the first chair pic I thought she was another Bundunk and she was stuck in the chair! LOL Glad she is just sitting in it. She sure is a cutie pie! :D

JennieV
August 5th, 2010, 12:50 AM
I had to get proper pics, not the phone ones...
heres my lil girl... :evil::evil::evil: I will have ya'all addicted before long... :laughing:

The new balancing act of "Look, ma, LOOK!!!!"

The panting after the game of "chase the tail"

"Mah, put dat cam down, or I will put it down for yah...permanently..."

cpietra16
August 5th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Hi Jennie,first of all, she is so freakin adorable :cloud9:
I know a few cats that pant after play, but its not that common..does she pants all the time? I don't want to scare you , please, I am not a vet, but it can sometimes be a sign of asthma , heart condition...has the vet said anything? Again, I may completely wrong, which won't be the first time:o...just a thought.
Again, she is so cute and looks like she will be Queen of all kingdom:lovestruck::D

chico2
August 5th, 2010, 08:22 AM
I love to get on the Forum and the first thing I see is kittens and more kittens:cloud9:
Little Gerri is just cute beyond words:lovestruck:

JennieV
August 5th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hi Jennie,first of all, she is so freakin adorable :cloud9:
I know a few cats that pant after play, but its not that common..does she pants all the time? I don't want to scare you , please, I am not a vet, but it can sometimes be a sign of asthma , heart condition...has the vet said anything? Again, I may completely wrong, which won't be the first time:o...just a thought.
Again, she is so cute and looks like she will be Queen of all kingdom:lovestruck::D

Thanks for the heads up! I will pay close attention to her and will have her thoroughly checked out if this continues... She doesn't pant at all, yesterday was the first time after a very vigorous play, but its good to know. I have seen Max pant when its too hot, or if he ran too much and he'd just plop himself on the floor and pant for a few minutes. Must say, yesterday's humidity didn't make it easy on either one of them... :yuck: or me... :yuck::yuck:

ownedbycats
August 5th, 2010, 12:21 PM
It never hurts to ask the vet about things during a visit (I need a list or I forget some of them before i get there I have so many:rolleyes:) but don't worry too much about Gerri's panting. Do ask, because it can be a sign of trouble, but sometimes it is just normal, and because Gerri is long haired I would say it probably is. We have two cats, Seuss is semi-long haired and MooBoots is long haired and both of them pant after heavy play, especially when it gets extra humid. They have regular check-ups, are dewormed, and have a clean bill of health.

14+kitties
August 5th, 2010, 02:10 PM
Good call cpietra. Panting is not normal in cats under normal conditions. The heat and humidity have a play in it too. Naddy and all six babies panted for a while after they got here. Vet said just to keep an eye out to see if it was a "thing" with them.

Frenchy
August 5th, 2010, 02:20 PM
omg she's so freaking cute ! :lovestruck:

maybe she wasn't panting , she was smiling :cloud9:

BrownEyedGirl
August 5th, 2010, 03:59 PM

I thought it was a smile too. She is so pretty.

JennieV
August 5th, 2010, 04:55 PM

:laughing: thats a BIIIIIG smile!!! LOL

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 01:22 PM
hey Jennie check your pm...:D

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 01:23 PM
Weather can affect their breathing, thats true. They also pant when under extreme stress. Happened to one of my cats whenever we got in the car...hated the car!!!But non the less good to ask the vet just to make sure its nothing to worry about.

JennieV
August 6th, 2010, 02:47 PM
hey Jennie check your pm...:D

:thumbs up Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Also... as a result of hanging around with my cam handy, you all get to "suffer"... :evil:

Just can't resist that button..! :rolleyes: :laughing:

JennieV
August 6th, 2010, 02:54 PM
and a cherry on top.... :lovestruck:

chico2
August 6th, 2010, 04:45 PM
Jennie,the last one is what dreams are made of,too sweet for words,I am sooooooooo kitten-sick,sooooooo jealous:cat:

JennieV
August 6th, 2010, 04:52 PM
Jennie,the last one is what dreams are made of,too sweet for words,I am sooooooooo kitten-sick,sooooooo jealous:cat:

AWWWW! I know what you mean though... :lovestruck::lovestruck:

cpietra16
August 6th, 2010, 05:18 PM
what a face....:cloud9::lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
August 6th, 2010, 09:50 PM
o.m.d. :flirt: A face to die for!!! :lovestruck:

ownedbycats
August 7th, 2010, 12:19 PM
If I didn't still have clear memories of how much work 7 of them were, I'd be thinking of kitten-napping Geri, she's too cute. So Ill just borrow her for an hour or two and let Sparky get some rest. :D

JennieV
August 9th, 2010, 02:31 PM
So I was in kitty heaven last night... and I got photos to prove it...
My allergies have improved tremendously in the past few days, I'm a little afraid to be happy, but it seems to be be fine... :thumbs up

She is just adorable beyond words and the funniest thing: she is so attached to me and Sparky its amazing. :lovestruck::lovestruck: She follows us around, when we go for walks - she waits by the door, greeting me with a MEEEEP! :laughing:

too cute for words... :lovestruck:

chico2
August 9th, 2010, 04:34 PM
ooooooh,aaaaaah,I just want kiss that little sweet mouth of hers:cloud9:
I am glad you are feeling better with your allergies and I bet you are too:thumbs up

Love4himies
August 9th, 2010, 05:49 PM
Oh my goodness what a bundle of cuteness :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:. Between you, 14+ and Sugarcatmom, I am sure getting my kitten fixes :laughing: :cloud9:

14+kitties
August 9th, 2010, 06:04 PM
What a sweetie!! Look at her long fur coming in! :cloud9: She sure lucked out when she found you mf. :grouphug: Simply scrumptious!!!!!

JennieV
August 9th, 2010, 07:14 PM
ooooooh,aaaaaah,I just want kiss that little sweet mouth of hers:cloud9:
I am glad you are feeling better with your allergies and I bet you are too:thumbs up
chico2, you have nooooo ideaaaaaa!!!! I was soooo dreading having to rehome her, and now that things seem to stabilize and get better, I am so happy I toughed it out!!!!!:thumbs up
And thanks to some really awesome tips from 14+ and meds, we are all :cloud9::cloud9::cloud9:

Winston
August 9th, 2010, 08:21 PM
OMG Jenniev she is so friggin adorable! I just want to smooch her!...she looks like she is gonna be a little princess!! :thumbs up

JennieV
August 9th, 2010, 08:36 PM
thats where you're wrong.... you all are!! and I got pics to show (yet again :rolleyes:, but something tells me you won't mind..!)

So you saw the lil :angel:... now you get to see what happens AFTER the nap... :evil::evil::evil: comes out!

All is peaceful in the house... sweet kittens are asleep next to sweet doggies.. :cloud9:

then mommy has a bright idea and pulls out the cam, to make sure she capptures that moment of idyllic peace and harmony.. And Sparky suddenly realizes that his lil sister is waking up.. :eek:

A quick shuffle of spots and we are prepared for defense.. or so we think...

JennieV
August 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
.... POUNCE!!! :laughing:

.....And LOCKDOWN!

Yep, she's got him by the throat... :rolleyes:
but he just lets her...for now! :laughing:

I love the crazies! :lovestruck::lovestruck::lovestruck:

ancientgirl
August 9th, 2010, 10:01 PM
LOL, omg that last photo is hilarious! Sparky is clearly yelling. "Mom! Put the camera down and help me!":laughing::laughing:

JennieV
August 9th, 2010, 10:05 PM
yeah, and in the one before he goes: " mom?? are...you...filming..this!?!?!?!?"

hazelrunpack
August 9th, 2010, 10:45 PM
:laughing: She's such a little :evil: when she's not being an :angel:! :laughing:

Sparky is such a good big brother :flirt: You can tell they're such good friends already!

14+kitties
August 9th, 2010, 11:02 PM
That scene looks eerily familiar. It happens here about 50 times a day. Dart gets Mylee, Timmy, Meowzer down and goes for the throat. Or they do it to him - gently. Then the six kittens in the spare room are always attacking each other. Never mom. They are very very gentle with mom. She won't put up with much from them.
Sparky is loving his little sister. And she loves him! :cloud9:

Love4himies
August 10th, 2010, 07:58 AM
Did you put catnip on Sparky's neck? :eek:, poor :angel: Gerri :angel: was set up :( :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: That is so funny.

chico2
August 10th, 2010, 05:05 PM
OMG that's just so sweet,I am sure,even though she's a pain,Sparky loves to have a little fluffy sister.
I just love seeing kitties and dogs together:cloud9: