Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Meet Dart

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 07:38 AM
So named because he darted in front of my friends' car last night. :( She showed up with him in her arms at 9 pm after searching for littermates or mom. She found neither. That doesn't mean they aren't there. They could be lost in the very large corn field Dart came out of. I am leaving shortly to see if I can lure out more if they are still there.
I think he is around 5 or 6 weeks old. Not old enough to be away from mom for sure. He spent most of the night either crying in the emergency crate I set up for him or curled up in my arms purring. Didn't use the litter all night so this morning I brought out poop from another box and put it in his. He sniffed and immediately peed. :thumbs up No poop yet but I'm sure he will now he knows what the box is for.
I am sooooooo tired of these idiots who would rather dump kittens than get mom fixed! :yell:
You can see how tiny he is......

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 07:45 AM
A couple more.....
I am thinking about setting up a large carrier in the spare room for him so he can see the other kitties and Mom can get used to him. Last night she hissed at him :( but I think given a day or two she may be ok. He is too tiny to risk being in there without me watching in case she thinks he's food. :rolleyes:
I put MiniMoo in with him for a minute or so this morning to show the size difference. MM is three months old now. Dart :shrug:

BenMax
July 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
14+K - again you are there for those that are desperate. How do you do it Girl.

Again - you are an angel 1000 X over. God Bless you 14+K.:angel:.

Dart is absolutely adorable.:cloud9:

krdahmer
July 21st, 2010, 07:59 AM
:eek: Well at least he picked the right car to dart in front of! Poor little gaffer....hopefully his littermates turn up and find their way to you (or other good people) before they meet a car that doesn't stop for critters.:pray::goodvibes::pray:

He is adorable:lovestruck:....those big eyes look a little confused, but he'll settle in to the 'good life' at gerri's in no time!;)

Love4himies
July 21st, 2010, 08:23 AM
:(:(:(OMG, the poor kitten :cry:

I would say about 5 weeks. I wonder how many more there are and what happened to momma. :(

Once again you are an :angel: to a lost soul :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :angel:

luckypenny
July 21st, 2010, 09:10 AM
What a precious little kitten :cloud9:. I'm glad he's safe...hope momma and any siblings are too :fingerscr.

Frenchy
July 21st, 2010, 09:28 AM
omg he's so tiny :( and too cute too ! :lovestruck:

I'm hoping you'll find the momma and the others but at least , one is safe thanks to you ! :thumbs up :grouphug:

JennieV
July 21st, 2010, 09:36 AM
OMG... he is so cute!
and soooo tiny!!
:eek:

TG for you, 14+, you are a true angel for these poor souls.

Spatx
July 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
What a sweet little kitty! He definitely picked the right person to run out to, and it's good there wasn't a sad outcome. He's safe now, and hopefully if the rest are out there they can come to safety as well. As always, your an :angel:

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 09:46 AM
Hubby has gone out and looked around the area. He can't see anything else. I am heading out myself soon. I have been busy doing the rounds of feeding, cleaning boxes, etc so haven't had a chance yet. Right now I am heading for the shower and then will go spend some time looking.
Dart knows solid food quite well. He wolfed down a can in no time last night as well as a small dish of kitten milk. :cloud9: I will be worming him later in the day. I wanted to give him time to settle before forcing that on him. He is almost identical to my Tinker in the catuary. Let's hope he will be able to find a permanent home soon along with Naddy's six. :fingerscr He is zonked in the crate. Rough night for him. Poor sweetie.

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2010, 10:20 AM
What a sweet little tyke! :lovestruck: You're such a good soul to take in yet another when you're already overflowing, 14+!!! :grouphug:

Good luck with the search! :pray: I hope the rest of the family can be located.

Sylvie
July 21st, 2010, 10:32 AM
What a cutie 14+ :grouphug: for you being the :angel: that you are

I agree he did dart in front of the right car.

ancientgirl
July 21st, 2010, 10:51 AM
Such a beautiful little guy. You are amazing. Thank goodness he found a safe place to be.

Dog Dancer
July 21st, 2010, 11:40 AM
:eek: More kitties!! Well okay, one for now. Bless you again my friend for taking in yet another little soul in need. Dart is just too cute for words and he certainly did know who to run into!

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 12:06 PM
Well, seems like he was a one and only. I can't see others or any sign. I will take another look tonight just in case they are in hiding now.
He sure knows other kitties though. When he sees the other ones he purrs up a storm. I want to get him health checked before allowing too much contact. You can count every little rib on him.
I am not the hero. That was my friend who stopped the car and searched for him in the ditch and then looked around for any others for some time before bringing him to me. :cloud9: Without her he surely would not have made it through the night.

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 12:08 PM
Oh! We have poo too!!! Forgot to mention that! :o

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2010, 12:52 PM
Oh! We have poo too!!! Forgot to mention that! :o
:highfive: :laughing: Good job, lil tyke!!

breeze
July 21st, 2010, 12:57 PM
poor little guy..

but a least he found the right car to go in front of and YOU

:grouphug:
:highfive:
:cat:

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 01:05 PM
Nope, I don't like cats!

Love4himies
July 21st, 2010, 01:17 PM
Nope, I don't like cats!

Ummmm, is that a male arm I see holding the kitty :rolleyes::laughing::lovestruck:

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 01:24 PM
Ummmm, is that a male arm I see holding the kitty :rolleyes::laughing::lovestruck:

Kitty is resting on hubbys belly L4. He had quite a good nap with him. :D

Frenchy
July 21st, 2010, 01:28 PM
Kitty is resting on hubbys belly L4. He had quite a good nap with him. :D

:laughing: :cloud9:

woohoo for the poop !! :thumbs up he's sooo darn cute .... I'm hoping one day I'll get to foster a mom and her kittens , or kittens ... :goodvibes:

Love4himies
July 21st, 2010, 01:33 PM
Could this be a dumped litter??? It just doesn't seem to be a kitten from a feral momma, or even a momma who had her kittens outside and were never brought into the house.

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 01:37 PM
Could this be a dumped litter??? It just doesn't seem to be a kitten from a feral momma, or even a momma who had her kittens outside and were never brought into the house.

I'm pretty sure he was dumped L4. He knows food. Even hard food. Has no trouble eating at all. I figure they probably gave the others away and couldn't find a home for him so he got to go for a ride. :(:frustrated: With having three of us look for any more and not finding any that's the best I can come up with. He isn't feral by a long shot.

BenMax
July 21st, 2010, 01:40 PM
I'm pretty sure he was dumped L4. He knows food. Even hard food. Has no trouble eating at all. I figure they probably gave the others away and couldn't find a home for him so he got to go for a ride. :(:frustrated: With having three of us look for any more and not finding any that's the best I can come up with. He isn't feral by a long shot.

I think you are right 14+K. I think he is a dump. Well this dumping has actually proven to be the best for the little fellow. He is probably the safest one out of the bunch.

I am so grateful 14+ that you are there to help yet again. You are an unbelievable woman with a great man by your side.

krdahmer
July 21st, 2010, 01:47 PM
Oh those tough hubbys of ours eh? :rolleyes::laughing:

14+... there are just no words to describe how caring and giving and wonderful you are... :angel: you're an angel to so many many critters...and I just love you for it mf! :lovestruck::grouphug:

Give your friend a great big hug from us too! :grouphug::highfive:

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 01:51 PM
Awww man, you guys make me cry!!! :o:grouphug::grouphug:

BenMax
July 21st, 2010, 01:56 PM

And visa versa dear friend.:grouphug:

Frenchy
July 21st, 2010, 02:03 PM

and we like that :evil: :laughing:

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

14+kitties
July 21st, 2010, 02:09 PM
And visa versa dear friend.:grouphug:

:grouphug::grouphug:

and we like that :evil: :laughing:

http://bestsmileys.com/hugging/4.gif

:laughing::laughing: Ok - I gotta go do some work. Babies are all sound asleep so I can't play. :( Gardening, here I come.

dmc123
July 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
awww, I so want that baby, LOL

Dart looks so much like our late Grayson must have looked as baby!

Here is a pic of Gray

Thanks 14+ for taking him in, what a cutie!

Diane

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2010, 06:46 AM
I think you are right 14+K. I think he is a dump. Well this dumping has actually proven to be the best for the little fellow. He is probably the safest one out of the bunch.

I am so grateful 14+ that you are there to help yet again. You are an unbelievable woman with a great man by your side.

:thumbs up:thumbs up:thumbs up so right

Chris21711
July 22nd, 2010, 08:35 AM
I missed this thread :frustrated:.....saving them one by one 14k, what can I say.....you have a heart of gold :grouphug:

BrownEyedGirl
July 22nd, 2010, 09:43 AM
Oh my goodness how sad, and happy at the same time (happy you are the angel to take him in)

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2010, 10:38 AM
I missed this thread :frustrated:.....saving them one by one 14k, what can I say.....you have a heart of gold :grouphug:

:o You can just add him to the general lecture mgf :D. I wasn't going to turn him away at 9pm for sure. Maureen has her own to look after (ones she adopted from me) along with a dog and a hubby who isn't quite as forgiving as mine.

Oh my goodness how sad, and happy at the same time (happy you are the angel to take him in)

Thanks BEG!

awww, I so want that baby, LOL

Dart looks so much like our late Grayson must have looked as baby!

Here is a pic of Gray

Thanks 14+ for taking him in, what a cutie!

Diane

I don't think he could handle that long of a journey right now DMC. Talk to me in another month or so. :D Yep, I figure he will look sort of like your Grayson or like my Tinker. Tinks' the one in my avatar.

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2010, 10:42 AM
What is this thing Mom?
Lots of sniffing
And more sniffing
Meowzer did well with Dart for a few minutes and then swatted him. So of course Dart went back to the safety of the crate. But all in all I was surprised he was so gentle.

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2010, 10:44 AM
Hey Big Guy, come back!!
If you know how big these balls are you can figure out how tiny Dart really is.
All I could think of when he was in the box is that commercial - "I'm a big boy now!" :laughing:

BrownEyedGirl
July 22nd, 2010, 11:07 AM
Came back and found more pics!! Oh he is adorable.

Love4himies
July 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Oh, those pics are just wonderful, 14+ :cloud9: :lovestruck: :cloud9: :lovestruck:

Dog Dancer
July 22nd, 2010, 01:16 PM
Little Dart and Meowzer - how sweet is that! :cloud9: The expression on Dart's face in the last pic is just priceless. I don't know how you do it my friend. They're just so darn cute - how do you tear yourself away to work?? Oh and it's been a while since I said it, but kudo's to hubby to for all the support he gives you.

14+kitties
July 22nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Little Dart and Meowzer - how sweet is that! :cloud9: The expression on Dart's face in the last pic is just priceless. I don't know how you do it my friend. They're just so darn cute - how do you tear yourself away to work?? Oh and it's been a while since I said it, but kudo's to hubby to for all the support he gives you.

I couldn't resist putting him on the floor when Meowzer was watching him in my arms. I figured he would smack him a lot faster than he did. And it was a soft smack. :thumbs up Dart's expression was one of relief. He left a little prezzie for me. :laugh: It's soooo hard to go to work but I have to!! :yell: They have to eat and if I don't work they don't eat.
Everyone's kudos and good words have been passed on to hubby. Secretly I know he's please but all I get is "What? I don't do anything." Gotta love him!

ancientgirl
July 22nd, 2010, 02:27 PM
Wow, I do know how big those balls are and he's a tiny little guy! What a cutie though.:lovestruck:

dmc123
July 22nd, 2010, 05:12 PM
:o
I don't think he could handle that long of a journey right now DMC. Talk to me in another month or so. :D Yep, I figure he will look sort of like your Grayson or like my Tinker. Tinks' the one in my avatar.

Oh 14+ I may say I want him, but there is no way with all the ones I have in the house. I would have to build a catuary like you have and if I was able (not just wishing) I would have to have that little cutie inside with me.

He is just too adorable....

Diane

Dee-O-Gee
July 25th, 2010, 05:03 PM
14+, we're all gonna need an update on Dart please!

Especially him all snuggled down in his crate. :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 25th, 2010, 05:10 PM
He's such an itteh bitteh little guy! :flirt: What a doll! I'm glad he's getting a little bit of time with the others... :cloud9:

krdahmer
July 25th, 2010, 08:41 PM
wow ya....he is just a little smidge of a kitten isn't he?! :eek::lovestruck: I am amazed your friend saw him! and boy is he ever in the right place! ;) now where are our pictures?!?!?! :p:grouphug:

Tundra_Queen
July 26th, 2010, 01:18 AM
He is so cute! 14+ you know how much I love grey and white kitties!!!
I'm so glad your friend saw him and stopped. The poor sweetie must have been so scared all by himself!

14+ like everyone else has said u have a heart of gold and full of so much love! ((HUGS))

14+kitties
July 26th, 2010, 11:16 AM
He is so cute! 14+ you know how much I love grey and white kitties!!!
I'm so glad your friend saw him and stopped. The poor sweetie must have been so scared all by himself!

14+ like everyone else has said u have a heart of gold and full of so much love! ((HUGS))

:grouphug::cry: Thankyou.

rainbow
August 20th, 2010, 05:12 PM
Yet another amazing story of your big heart :angel: ......there is no one as caring as you are. :2huggers: Give your hubby a hug too for being so understanding .....he is really one of a kind. :thumbs up :grouphug:

Dart is so adorable :cloud9: and so tiny. :eek: I love the "I'm a big boy now pic. :D

14+kitties
August 20th, 2010, 05:25 PM
Aww thank you mf! :grouphug: I'm sure that's not true. Lots of people on Pets have huge hearts! Hubby has been thanked and thanked again. He loves spending time holding Dart. Of course if you ask him he would deny it. :D
Dart has grown a lot in the last couple of weeks. He has moved up to a normal sized litter box and still manages to kick litter about 4 ft! He is always on the go or sound asleep. No middle ground for this boy! He is an absolute doll! Will be very hard to let him go if I find an adopter. :(

rainbow
August 20th, 2010, 05:37 PM
Well I think it's true .....there are lots of others here that may also have hearts as big as yours but no one's is bigger. :angel: :thumbs up :grouphug:

So when are we getting new pics? .....you know we want to see for ourselves just how much Dart has grown. :goodvibes:

14+kitties
August 20th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Well I think it's true .....there are lots of others here that may also have hearts as big as yours but no one's is bigger. :angel: :thumbs up :grouphug:

So when are we getting new pics? .....you know we want to see for ourselves just how much Dart has grown. :goodvibes:

Thank you. :o:grouphug:
There have been a few threads on Dart. Not in the last couple of weeks. I suppose I could take a few new ones. Finally got my good camera back and working. :D
Meanwhile......
http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71671

http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=71701

...... those should help a little. :thumbs up

Luvmypitgirls
August 20th, 2010, 05:50 PM
14+, you are truly an "Earth Angel". Your karma is golden my friend. :grouphug:

rainbow
August 20th, 2010, 05:51 PM
Aw, thank you ....I'll go check them out now. :thumbs up

14+kitties
August 20th, 2010, 05:53 PM
14+, you are truly an "Earth Angel". Your karma is golden my friend. :grouphug:

Thanks LMPG! :grouphug: I feel the same about you and all the others who rescue and foster and adopt special pups and kitties.
If I don't get moving to feed the gang they won't think my karma is so golden though....... :o

rainbow
August 20th, 2010, 06:07 PM
There have been a few threads on Dart. Not in the last couple of weeks. I suppose I could take a few new ones. Finally got my good camera back and working. :D

I loved the other pics .....he is one adorable little guy with the sweetest face ever. :cloud9:

But we still need some new ones since those are from last month and he still looked so tiny .....so get that camera out. :D