Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Lost grey/orange female cat trenton ontario

shaesgrammi
July 19th, 2010, 02:51 AM
She has been gone for approx 6 weeks. I found a home for her originally several months ago. She had been in a cage at the pet store for almost a year...I couldnt stop thinking about her. She was adopted by a lady and she slipped out the door. I was just told of her being gone. I wish I had known sooner as I may have found her...Anyway here we are so am asking for anyones help. She is approx 3 yrs old, microchipped, tagged and collar with her name and number on it but no one has called...I think she is hiding as she is extremely shy and timid...She will be so scared. I am just sick about it. Any help would be so appreciated...thank you so much :(

NoahGrey
July 19th, 2010, 07:04 AM
I would put up posters in the area, in newspaper, talk to people in the area. They might have seen the cat, but don't realize it is missing. contact shelters, vet clinics. Good luck. keep us posted.

hazelrunpack
July 19th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Do you have any pics of her to post shaesgrammi? :fingerscr

shaesgrammi
July 21st, 2010, 09:41 PM
Here she is I hope I did this right. Thank you so much for your help. I appreciate it so much

hazelrunpack
July 21st, 2010, 09:43 PM
She's a beauty! :lovestruck: I hope she's found soon! :goodvibes:

shaesgrammi
August 1st, 2010, 09:51 PM
SHE WAS FOUND! With my persistance we were able to locate her. I went home after finding out she was missing and prayed and prayed that she would be found and she was...She was found behind the her owners home. She was found by her owner a few mornings ago. Her owner went out to walk the dog and heard a small meow several times...She jumped the fence and there she was but wouldnt let her catch her. She called me and I got the my buddy at the local animal control to drop off a live trap...They caught her later that same night:cloud9: I was soooooo happy. She has lost almost 7lbs and had somehow gotten her front paw caught through her collar. So the collar was rubbing under her arm. It was raw and had a funky smell to it and was clearly infected. Her owner took her to the vets and got antibiotics and an antibiotic wash for the sore. She is doing well and she is even purring...Thank you for all your advice and well wishes...I appreciate it soooo much, Leanne:lovestruck::clap::highfive::pray::pray::clo ud9::clap:

Missy was gone 2 months so for those of you out there missing a loved one please do not give up. Try going out in the wee hours of the morning to search. Missy's owner went out at 5am and that is when she heard her. Most pets are usually still in the area as proved with Missy...Good luck everyone with finding your little ones:pray:

hazelrunpack
August 1st, 2010, 10:40 PM
Oh, what a relief!!! :highfive: I'm so glad they found her!!!! :clap: Thanks for the update, shaesgrammi!

shaesgrammi
August 1st, 2010, 11:16 PM
It certainly was a relief! I am going to see her tomorrow and bring her treats and her favourite food! Thank you all again...:thumbs up

14+kitties
August 2nd, 2010, 08:14 AM
Great to hear!! :thumbs up She must have been a huge cat in order to lose 7 pounds and still be in good shape!!!

Love4himies
August 2nd, 2010, 08:56 AM
I am so happy!!!

Yes, looking in the very early hours of the morning is best when looking for a cat. :thumbs up

cpietra16
August 2nd, 2010, 11:53 AM
I'm happy for this happy ending. I know how important collars can be especially if they have info on the pet owner, but I have heard a few horror stories about how their collars got stuck on tree branches, fences, etc...:D

NoahGrey
August 2nd, 2010, 02:25 PM
:) yay happy to hear the news