Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

'Rock Dam Daze' or 'Ember the Fireworks King'

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 03:12 PM
There is a local festival here called Rock Dam Days....or, as we sometimes call it, Rock Dam Daze:
Lots of out-of-towners, lots of traffic, lots of noise, and fireworks...lots of fireworks.
It's always held the weekend after the 4th of July because fireworks are cheaper then
and the Lake Assn can buy more of them for less.
This is good news for the Lake Assn, and not so good for the Pack, most of which is deathly afraid of fireworks. :dog:

King Ember is the one exception to the rule.
He loves fireworks.
Ember and hazel braved the skeeters to sit out on the deck and watch the show.

The King is impatient. He runs from the yard, to the deck...

...and back to the yard again.

That works up a powerful thirst, so it's back up to the deck for a little water.

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 03:18 PM
Minute after itchy minute goes by, the only sound being the distant partying at the lake,
and hazel's frequent skeeter-smashing slaps.

But finally, we hear the distant 'whump' of an artillery launch
and the show begins!
King Ember is mesmerized!! (You can see the reflection of a starburst in his eye :D)

And the rest of the Pack?

*sigh* Cowering inside with the Hazel Run Daddy till the show is over.

"Is it over yet, Mom?!?" :eek:

:rolleyes:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 04:07 PM
I can't believe how brave Ember is ! I don't know too many dogs that likes fireworks :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
He will actually run toward the sound if he hears a gunshot off in the woods :shrug: Loud noises are music to his ears. He's an odd duck. :D

breeze
July 18th, 2010, 04:19 PM
then the rest of the pack and me will get along just swimmingly.. ( I don't do fireworks either, or any loud noises) :o :D

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
They usually end up either hunkered down in the bathroom with all the shades pulled, or they cozy up in a kennel. Which would you prefer, breeze? I'll put in a comfy mattress and some blankets :thumbs up :D

serenamlambe
July 18th, 2010, 04:25 PM
The bathtub is a popular choice in our house, as well as the shoe closet. You're welcome here too :P

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
:laughing:

Sounds like if Ember could give lessons on how to love fireworks as much as he does, we could get rich quick! :D

serenamlambe
July 18th, 2010, 04:36 PM
:laughing:

Sounds like if Ember could give lessons on how to love fireworks as much as he does, we could get rich quick! :D

Good idea :lightbulb::thumbs up

Connor will sign up! :laughing:

breeze
July 18th, 2010, 04:54 PM
They usually end up either hunkered down in the bathroom with all the shades pulled, or they cozy up in a kennel. Which would you prefer, breeze? I'll put in a comfy mattress and some blankets :thumbs up :D

either one,
the bathroom is good cause if you have to go you have to go even with loud noises :laughing:
and the kennel with your pack :cloud9: heaven

breeze
July 18th, 2010, 04:55 PM
The bathtub is a popular choice in our house, as well as the shoe closet. You're welcome here too :P

:thumbs up:thumbs up

free
July 18th, 2010, 06:54 PM
send ember up here beau and him would have a hoot running around the yard . beau does add the occasiomal bark

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Ember would do very well here to Hazel. When we have thunderstorms, they're the highlight of our day! Mollie & Gryphon love storms. :lovestruck:

Gosh, I can't believe how much Mollie looks so much like King Ember. Very similar, striking facial appearances.

:offtopic:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 08:58 PM
send ember up here beau and him would have a hoot running around the yard . beau does add the occasiomal bark

Does Beau bark when the bangs aren't coming fast enough for him, like Ember does? :laughing: E is such an impatient fella sometimes! :dog: :p

Gosh, I can't believe how much Mollie looks so much like King Ember. Very similar, striking facial appearances.

:offtopic:

Practically mirror images--E's patch is on the right eye, but it's almost exactly the same shape! :thumbs up

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Well if you took Ember's right and Mollie's left, they'd make a perfect set of eyebrows! :D :laughing::laughing:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 09:06 PM
I just noticed in the first pic .... drool ! :p

I know , I'm weird , I like drooly pics :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2010, 09:07 PM

I know , I'm weird , I like drooly pics :laughing:

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 09:46 PM
He drools when he gets excited. :o

I've had dates with people like that. :rolleyes: :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
July 20th, 2010, 12:35 AM
He will actually run toward the sound if he hears a gunshot off in the woods :shrug: Loud noises are music to his ears. He's an odd duck. :D

Was he a hunting dog before u got im hazel?

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2010, 11:39 AM
He's a hunting dog now, TQ. :dog:

luckypenny
July 20th, 2010, 05:35 PM
He drools when he gets excited. :o

I've had dates with people like that. :rolleyes: :laughing:

I'd go on a date with Ember any time :flirt:.

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2010, 09:14 PM
Come for a visit and I'm sure he'd be willing to take you out for a spin. :D

luckypenny
July 20th, 2010, 09:24 PM
I'm going to be the one to drool all over him :laughing:.

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2010, 09:26 PM
He'd like that, too! :D

growler~GateKeeper
July 31st, 2010, 01:56 AM
Ember :lovestruck:

:laughing: There's slobber in the water dish too :dog:

Mollie & Ember would be adorable to see together :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 31st, 2010, 10:44 AM
Ember is the slobberiest (is that even a word? :laughing:) dog I know when drinking. As fast as he drinks the water down, he replaces the water with drool. You can see it floating on top of the water in the bowl. That's what the foam is. :yuck: Ridge finds this mixture to be irresistible. She'll make a beeline for him at the bowl so she can lick the drool off his face and help him clean up the spit in the bowl! :eek: :eeew: Go figure :o

I think Ember, Mollie and Macie would be a hoot together! Oranges somehow know they're 'special' and they hang together. Macie is the only dog that Ember won't grumble at if they try to snuggle too close to him on the bed! :shrug: I'll bet Mollie would fit right in with that group! :D