Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

In defense of snakes (no pics of snakes were used in the making of this thread)

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 02:38 PM
It was time to mow.
But every good Sheriff knows that Lawn Mowers are perilous to Snakes.
So if there are to be many Snakes to chase around the yard,
they must be protected from the Hazel Run Daddy's mowing activities.

First, of course, you have to FIND the Snakes, so the Sheriff and his Deputy immediately start their search!

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Once you find the little buggers, you have to keep them safe by chasing them back into the garden wall.

This is not always as easy as it might sound. :o :laughing:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 02:44 PM
And, finally, once they're under cover, safely away from the lawn mower...

you have to keep them there.

Outstanding job, Sheriff! :thumbs up

:dog:

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 03:58 PM
you have to keep them there.

:laughing: omg he is focused or what ! :laughing: wtg Sheriff ! :lovestruck:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:00 PM
Snakes have always been his favorite for some reason. :D It's the first thing he and Brier check for in the morning!

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 04:13 PM
their backyard is full of entertainment ! :D

serenamlambe
July 18th, 2010, 04:14 PM
Hahah, you have some good protectors, for sure. No little critters will ever make it to the house! :D

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:20 PM
Ummmm....welll..... :o They're not that good, Serena.

Last fall, I heard a muffled scream and scrabbling paws and turned the corner to find hubby and all 8 dogs running away from a mighty mouse in the hall! :laughing: I had to get madame hazel to catch it in a coffee can and take it out to the road! :D

serenamlambe
July 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Ummmm....welll..... :o They're not that good, Serena.

Last fall, I heard a muffled scream and scrabbling paws and turned the corner to find hubby and all 8 dogs running away from a mighty mouse in the hall! :laughing: I had to get madame hazel to catch it in a coffee can and take it out to the road! :D

Hahah, how silly. My Connor is afraid of mice too. He was always terrified when one managed to make it into my pantry and start nibbling on noodles in there.

How did you catch it in a coffee can?! You must be quick :eek:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 04:32 PM
It was a little put off by the sight of 8 dogs cowering at the end of the hall and hubby's screaming, so I was able to chase it into the bathroom and trap it in a corner. :D

serenamlambe
July 18th, 2010, 04:34 PM
It was a little put off by the sight of 8 dogs cowering at the end of the hall and hubby's screaming, so I was able to chase it into the bathroom and trap it in a corner. :D

:laughing::D