Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Hello everyone!

CallysMom
July 17th, 2010, 11:50 PM
Hi Everyone,

I am Cally's Mom. Cally is a 14 week old, 2.6lbs female Maltese puppy. I bought Cally from an add on Kijiji. I've had her less than 2 weeks and I love her so much. She is my very first puppy.

I took Cally to the vet the first week I got her and the vet told me she had an eye allergy, which had spread to her whole face. Yesterday I notices sores on her neck and took her to the vet today. The vet told me she has something called Puppy strangles.

The poor little girl is on anti-biotics, steroids and eye drops. I feel so bad for her. She has no energy, all she wants to do is sleep.

I'm glad i found this forum. I hope to be able to chat with people who have gone through similar experiences.

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 12:07 AM
Welcome, Callysmom and Cally! Poor little girl--I hope she's feeling better soon! :goodvibes:

CallysMom
July 18th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you hazelrunpack!!!

Sylvie
July 19th, 2010, 09:55 AM
Welcome to the forum. I am sure there will be someone who has knowledge of this problem along shortly.

How is your little bundle of joy today. She is so cute :lovestruck:

CallysMom
July 19th, 2010, 10:24 PM
Thank you she is doing a little better.
The swelling seems to have gone down a little on her face and the sores around her eyes fell off. She looks much better. Hopefully a few more days and she will get some energy back. :pray:

hazelrunpack
July 20th, 2010, 12:28 PM
So glad to hear there's some improvement! :goodvibes: for more energy soon!!