Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Nanook and Thorin-might just be friends after all!

Rgeurts
July 16th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Nanook and Thorin laying on the rug together playing with their toys :thumbs up
Thorin is finally starting to warm up :lovestruck:

Please ignore the "hairy" hardwood... I vacuum every day, but you wouldn't know it with those 2 shedding machines :laughing:

Nanook is almost as big as Thorin now (he's 4 and half months old). He's growing sooooo fast!

luckypenny
July 16th, 2010, 11:47 PM
What handsome boys Nanook and Thorin are :cloud9:. Was Nanook a bit too much puppy (ie crazy :D) for Thorin?

Rgeurts
July 16th, 2010, 11:58 PM
What handsome boys Nanook and Thorin are :cloud9:. Was Nanook a bit too much puppy (ie crazy :D) for Thorin?

LoL, yes he was, especially on the steroids. He was almost too much for us :laughing:

He still has 2 days left (5 weeks total), then it's done :thumbs up

Thorin is just a grumpy old man, and was never socialized. But after 2 and half months with the nookie monster hanging around and trying to kiss on him, he's finally starting to warm up :D

luckypenny
July 17th, 2010, 12:12 AM
Sometimes the youngins need a grumpier older sibling to teach them to mind their manners :D. Glad that they're getting on much better :goodvibes: and that Thorin's meds are almost done :goodvibes:.

Rgeurts
July 17th, 2010, 12:42 AM
Sometimes the youngins need a grumpier older sibling to teach them to mind their manners :D. Glad that they're getting on much better :goodvibes: and that Thorin's meds are almost done :goodvibes:.

Me as well! It is Nanook that is on the steroids. He had meningoencephalitis, noespora, giardia and round worms when we got him. He's doing so much better now :D

Just a little monster on the steroids lol

luckypenny
July 17th, 2010, 12:49 AM
I'm sorry, I got them mixed up...my mind gets a little (well, a lot) fuzzy at this late hour :D. I'm glad Nanook is almost finished with his meds...is he fully recovered :fingerscr?

Rgeurts
July 17th, 2010, 12:58 AM
I'm sorry, I got them mixed up...my mind gets a little (well, a lot) fuzzy at this late hour :D. I'm glad Nanook is almost finished with his meds...is he fully recovered :fingerscr?

No need to be sorry! I get mixed up alot ;)

We're hoping he is fully recovered now! It's been 2 and a half weeks since the last seizure :D, no weird episodes except for the chasing his tail and biting it and his hind quarters, he's still doing that when he gets a burst of energy. We're thinking it may be behavioral instead of neurological, but who knows :shrug:.

hazelrunpack
July 17th, 2010, 01:12 PM
They look pretty comfy with each other! :dog: Thorin has that, "Yes, Mom, I've got him under my paw now' and Nanook has that air of, "How cool! I'm lyin' here with my Hero, Thorin!" :lovestruck:

I don't see any hair there, Robyn. You wanna see hair, you have to come here! I haven't vacuumed yet today! :laughing:

Rgeurts
July 18th, 2010, 08:16 PM
They look pretty comfy with each other! :dog: Thorin has that, "Yes, Mom, I've got him under my paw now' and Nanook has that air of, "How cool! I'm lyin' here with my Hero, Thorin!" :lovestruck:

I don't see any hair there, Robyn. You wanna see hair, you have to come here! I haven't vacuumed yet today! :laughing:

LoL, yes, those words fit the looks perfectly! :laughing:
Nanook definitely looks up tp Thorin and has, as we had hoped, learned a few things from him like carrying his food bowl (though Nanook carries the water instead and, of course, spills it :laughing:). Thorin has done that since he was a baby. Where ever we are eating, he will bring his bowl and sit down to eat with us :D

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 08:47 PM
What beautiful dogs :lovestruck: I just looove that second pic of them :cloud9: Thorin looks like an :angel:

Rgeurts
July 18th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Thank you Frenchy :D
Thorin is an :angel2:
He's just a big furry cuddlebug :cloud9:

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Nanook definitely looks up tp Thorin and has, as we had hoped, learned a few things from him like carrying his food bowl (though Nanook carries the water instead and, of course, spills it :laughing:).

Pictures, pictures, ma'am!!!!! :yell: Where is the picture proof?!? :frustrated: We're gonna have to work on your training! :laughing: You gotta catch that on camera some day, Rgeurts! Must be a hoot to watch! :D

Frenchy
July 18th, 2010, 09:16 PM
Pictures, pictures, ma'am!!!!! :yell: Where is the picture proof?!? :frustrated: We're gonna have to work on your training! :laughing: You gotta catch that on camera some day, Rgeurts! Must be a hoot to watch! :D

well I didn't want to put any pressure but now that you started Hazel ... :D

in case you haven't notice yet Rgeurts , we kinda like daily pictures here :laughing:

Dee-O-Gee
July 18th, 2010, 09:23 PM
I agree! Food and water bowl shots would be hilarious! :D

Thorin and Nanook are 2 beautiful babies Rgeurts! :cloud9:

Rgeurts
July 18th, 2010, 09:28 PM
LoL, you know... after all these years, I have never taken a picture of Thorin carrying his bowl, we're just so used to it now! He just has little picnics on the deck, in the living room, where ever we are :D

But I will definitely get a picture of it! He's a very unique doggie :lovestruck:
And Nanook, I will grab the camera and the mop and try to get some shots :D

hazelrunpack
July 18th, 2010, 10:05 PM
:highfive: Another successful badgering! :thumbs up Good work, girls! :laughing:

Tundra_Queen
July 18th, 2010, 10:41 PM
They are beautiful dogs,,,but which one is which?

Rgeurts
July 18th, 2010, 11:25 PM
They are beautiful dogs,,,but which one is which?

Thank you! Thorin is the black/grey and Nanook is the red :)